It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Creating a Hybrid-Electric Flying Car for Its Military

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The title is slightly misleading as the Cyclocar will also be offered to the public at a later date. With all the companies trying to make something that is efficient and actually works sooner or later someone is going to get this stuff figured out IMO. It is weird looking and I have to wonder about redundancy as I doubt the car would do anything but play dead bug or become a big lawn dart if one of the power sources or a cyclical propeller had a malfunction ??

The world of eVTOLs keeps zooming ahead, further propelled forward by Russia's recent announcement of its upcoming "Cyclocar" prototype.

The Federal Government's press release (in Russian) outlined the flying car's next steps, which include test flights in 2022, with the hope to start production by 2024.

The Cyclocar is a hybrid-electric autonomous aircraft that flies forward thanks to its four cyclical propellers. It'll be able to transport up to six passengers, with a maximum payload capacity of 1,323 pounds (600 kg).

Last year, a small-scale version weighing roughly 140 pounds (60 kg) was successfully tried and tested, reported TASS.

Next year's prototype will be the company's full-sized version, measuring 20.3 by 19.6 feet (6.2 by 6 meters), with a maximum speed of 155 mph (250 km/h), a range of 311 miles (500 km), without any wings, and with four fixed-wheeled landing gear arrangements. This version will be all-electric, with a hybrid version coming later down the line.

interestingengineering.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Lets see how it works out, just seeing those propellers i doubt that will lift up 6 people..
edit on 19-6-2021 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 04:52 AM
link   
To be honest, I don't really get it. At least, from only looking at the picture, I don't actually see what makes this thing fly.

Built with various purposes in mind, the Cyclocar will be able to land on surfaces with a 30-degree incline and dock on vertical surfaces. The plan is for the flying car to be available for both civilian and military uses, including urban air mobility, search and rescue, police work, fire fighting, tourism, surveying, transportation to the battlefield, and more.

On top of all of that, the eVTOL is meant to be easy to fly — either by someone piloting the flying vehicle or by someone at ground control.

When it comes to flying cars, we're certainly in for a treat in the coming years. From speedy flying race cars to eVTOL Skybuses carrying 30 to 50 passengers, there's a little bit for everyone.

interestingengineering.com...

and dock on vertical surfaces...

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

It looks like vacuum cleaner..

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I don't speak Russian so I have no clue what they're saying, but there is one thing you can see in this video that I didn't realize while watching the video you posted....

The wheels are spinning different directions.
(which makes sense. I just didn't notice it at first)

edit on 6/19/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It is a Voith Schneider propeller system. Commonly used on tugboats because it can be continusly varied in direction and thrust.

edit on 6 19 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

This should take car accidents to a whole new level.

Get it?

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

I think live streaming straight to the web would be better than black box recorders. At least the video would survive that way.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

Imagine some drunk driver ploughing into a tower block at around 200+mph.

The damage would be significant and with the cladding we have on ours probably go up like Grenfell Tower.

Obviously there will be software/hardware built in to prevent collisions but as long as the human element remains, flying cars should probably remain the domain of fiction.

That being said when the first automobiles, even trains, were introduced people probably thought they would also be inherently dangerous and that people could not survive travel above 50mph.
edit on 19-6-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Hopefully, we'll be able to wait until after Russia has had some time to iron out some of the kinks, before we start seeing these things flying around the U.S.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

In this day of age kinks seem to be part and parcel of our everyday lives all the same.

The updates and firmware changes that have to be issued to our software/hardware illustrates the point rather aptly.

Also im thinking you are still going to require about 3 different licences to operate one of the things.

Then there is health and safety to consider never mind insurance required that will probably also be sky high.

Not that i would not love to get a shot of one of the things, but im not seeing it happen for 2 or 3 decades yet.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
This is cool but we really need antigravitics technology to be released and used to make these things using a small power unit, preferably zero point. We do absolutely have these technologies.... Some since the 1960's which have been developed by our government, private aerospace and energy corporations and our brilliant independent inventors. It sucks because when these devices get made they are usually shelved, patents submitted then hidden away, and our private inventors get talked into selling their tech and if they don't they are then intimidated, slandered and in some cases murdered because of the perceived "threat" they are to big corporations and government.

They want us to rely on them solely for greed and power. We should have had antigravitics and zero point or free energy available during Tesla's life. But no, they keep us up to 100 years behind what they really have behind the scenes to keep us reliant on gas, oil, coal and nuclear fission, and through the guise of electric or hybrid vehicles that get their electric from fossil fuel and nuclear power production. Do people not see the absolute fallacy in that? Lol most do not but most of you here on ATS do.
Rant is over. s + f OP!!

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

Thing there is zero-point energy cannot be harnessed in the traditional manner.

The idea of zero-point energy being there is a finite minimum amount of kinetic energy in all matter, even at absolute zero.

To date there are no valid theories that predict any way to extract this energy.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Imagine some drunk driver ploughing into a tower block at around 200+mph.

Being that it is made in Russia and for use in that area, there will be the need for deiceing. That usually involves an alcohol tank and delivery system. I wonder how many cup holders are in that deicing system.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Thing there is zero-point energy cannot be harnessed in the traditional manner.

The idea of zero-point energy being there is a finite minimum amount of kinetic energy in all matter, even at absolute zero.

To date there are no valid theories that predict any way to extract this energy.

I have to politely disagree my friend. The US navy has released patents for open use to develop these hybrid air underwater craft (HAUC) and energy tech. I had time to quickly dig up this article about the craft that uses antigravitics. There is another patent for the production of energy but to be honest I don't remember if it was zero point or compact fusion energy devices, but regardless there have been some scientists, inventors and government/MIC employees that came forward or are whistleblowers that give their testimony of inventing, using, or seeing this type of zero point energy harnessed.
Regardless here is the article about the antigravitic craft www.collective-evolution.com...
edit on 6 19 2021 by BerkshireEntity because: Fixed link

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I can see this as a flying combine harvester.

Reap what you sow!

P

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

BerkshireEntity the first thing humanity would do with access to such limitless energy is destroy one another and probably the planet and better part of the moon to boot.

As of yet, aside from the long running Anti Gravity column in the likes of Scientific American, Anti-gravity is science fiction and don't exist.

As to patents, a patent is nothing more than a type of intellectual property.

A piece of paper that gives its owner the legal right to exclude others from making, using, and/or selling an invention for a limited period of years, it is not a working design im afraid, simply an idea.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Reminds me of the Police Cars from the first Blade Runner.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Hit that thing with a rock or a piece of pipe in front of one of the wheels and it will spin and go down.
edit on 19-6-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Car breaks down you pull to side of the road. This breaks down you die and anyone below you does as well. That's why these will not be viable for public use for a very, very long time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join