It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Has Legalized Human Composting

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
If it comes down to it though and you can get your body to the east coast I'll gladly steal my former father in laws boat, send you out into the bay and send it all to Valhalla for you. I'll even throw in some mead for the trip to the other side. Cant have you sgowing up in Valhalla stone cold sober after all.

Much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I think vegan soil would be primo, in the same way that being bitten by a carnivore is much more dangerous that being bitten by a herbivore. In the culture in which I grew up, we never EVER ate predators, because they are often full of diseases and other problems that affect our bodies, as compared to herbivores.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Toxic waste should be my eulogy.
. Sure, no problem. Still, don't you want your remains to be shot up into the Troposphere for an amazing pyrotechnic extravaganza????

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
a reply to: DBCowboy

Toxic waste should be my eulogy.
. Sure, no problem. Still, don't you want your remains to be shot up into the Troposphere for an amazing pyrotechnic extravaganza????

The payload required would be too much.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
a reply to: BrokenCircles

being bitten by a carnivore is much more dangerous that being bitten by a herbivore.

Most herbivores don't have fangs and ripping incisors.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Interesting! Seems natural enough to me. Given the severe overpopulation we can't keep dedicating more land to death rituals

Plenty of folks have laid where they died.

We all have to go sometime. Something each of us has in common. I don't want a fuss over my own demise. Donated myself for research already but this does sound peaceful
edit on 6/20/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
if's it unsafe to use human waste, a whole body can't be good.

You should probably look into what they do with treated waste.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

i know some food is grown using human waste sludge but it is treated, in other words chemicals are used to remove pathogens. and i know it impossible to avoid without checking every brand and see if they buy food grown that way, but i do my best to avoid it.

reading this it doesn't say the first thing about treating the compost.

does a the heat from the composting and the heat they apply do to accelerate it, do something to any pathogens?

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Ask them, I'm sure they'd tell you.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The only thing that needs to be done to waste from any animal, including humans, is to pasteurize it. No chemicals are needed.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

The only thing that needs to be done to waste from any animal, including humans, is to pasteurize it. No chemicals are needed.

not true for biosolids / human waste.
i used to work on pumps and motors for several waste water treatment plants when i had my shop. i learned a little bit about the process, because of the risk to my employees and myself.

waste water treatment is the removal of solids from the water. they use chemicals to do that, and that turns them into sludge. it's not just a bunch of loafs people pinched off that are in the water. there are other contaminants that come from all kinds of business that wind up in the treatment plants and pathogens from the body. no doubt that some wind up in the sludge.

some of the chemicals used are, aluminum sulfate,sodium aluminate, polyaluminum chloride, ferrous chloride, hydrochloric acid,sulfuric acid. there are some others but i think you understand what i'm saying.

the EPA has strict guidelines for the process, and some states are even more strict.

here is the EPA plain language guide, warning opens a PDF.

A Plain English Guide to the EPA Part 503 Biosolids Rule

this from chapter 5

so why do they give those time frames if just pasturing human waste would do the job.

edit on 20-6-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Oregon Has Legalized Human Composting

Between Covid and Covid vaccines( No one knows the long term effects).

I say it's a stupid idea.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Sorry, cremation is still the best way to dispose of and purify the body. Only the ash is left and can be scattered anywhere or kept in an urn.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

We're talking about human waste here. If it's pasteurized it is safe to handle and use.

I suspect that those EPA rules have to do with other things in raw sewage also and I don't see any mention at all of pasteurized waste. Considering the energy that would be needed to pasteurize all sewage, I don't think it's ever done.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join