It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Statement on James Webb Space Telescope Launch Readiness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
As of two weeks ago James Webb is in the final stages of packing and is still on schedule to launch sometime after 31st October.

NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, which will be the premier observatory of the next decade, remains on schedule for a launch readiness date no earlier than Oct. 31, 2021.

Webb will ship to the launch site in August with little to no schedule margin; launch processing will take two months. The observatory has completed all the post-environmental testing deployments, and it is in its final integration and folding stages. Final stow, closeout, and pack and ship are imminent. We are working closely with the European Space Agency (ESA) and Arianespace on establishing the launch date. We will launch approximately four months after the first launch of the Ariane 5 this year, which is scheduled for late July. Webb has no launch date constraints; hence, it can launch almost any day of the year.

Webb will study every phase in the history of our universe, including the first luminous glows after the creation of the cosmos, the formation of solar systems capable of supporting life on planets like Earth, and the evolution of our own solar system.
www.nasa.gov...

Hopefully Christmas comes early this year and 2022 will herald the dawn of a new age of discovery.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

(I’ll go first…)

About damn time!!

About the only act of God,The Big One, should happen just to further frustrate us pocket protector types!!

LOL!!!

It is about time to get a tele to the Lagrange point (or at least one of them!)!

Smooth sailing, smoother deployment, and smoothest testing because we are going to be stunned about space!!

I have been saying that every instrument we point heavenwards extends our minds, like a spider’s web extends the spiders sense of feeling.

We need our pitifully narrow horizons expanded!!

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   

If they wait any long to launch this thing it’s replacement will be ready to launch.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

This really is very exciting!

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Looking forward to this space mission. I Hope the James Webb Space Telescope will open us some new exoplanets and give us new hints at the possibility of life existence on these exoplanets. Not less interesting project with the purpose of looking for exoplanets is named The Ariel space telescope. I guess that the importance of those space project is very high. We need to keep on discovering new exoplanets and get some new information about them. www.skyrora.com...
edit on 9-7-2021 by james00 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join