It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repying to a post, then hitting back is fixed??!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I remember it used to be that if I was on page 1 of a thread, and replied to a post, and was led to my comment on say page 5, that hitting the back button would return me to where I was making my reply. I could scroll past it, and continue reading, but any other comment I made, kept my previous comment in the new comment box.

Seems this is fixed!!

Whoever is recoding ATS, thank you for that !!

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

There is a similar thing happening sometimes when I post it shows an empty site and way more page links at the top, than the thread has.

I could not figure a pattern yet but inform the staff when I do. Happens once a month, on a rough estimate.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain
I think this happens when a post is currently the last in the thread and also at the bottom of a page.
If you edit it, you get left at the top of the next page, which doesn't actually exist yet.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I think you're right, and that this happens only on long threads, as if the page counting algorithm gets confused with too many pages.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain
I think this happens when a post is currently the last in the thread and also at the bottom of a page.
If you edit it, you get left at the top of the next page, which doesn't actually exist yet.

Not that, I think I know what you mean, but I'm referring to when I comment, and my post appears in the last page, with other posts, rather than hit the page number I was on, or tediously try to find where I was, I hit the back button, and it used to take me back to the edit box with my comment in it. Happened every time I did it. Now, it doesn't.

I assumed as someone is actively fixing things here, they tidied up that bit of code.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Perhaps I spoke too soon, after replying to Disraeli, I hit the back button to test, and then I tried to quote ArMap. In the comment reply box is my reply to Disraeli, and hitting refresh doesn't make it go away. It doesn't seem to acknowledge that I hit reply/quote to a different post.

It's like something retains the data if I hit the back button.

Weird...

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

It's not that weird if the browser reloads the page from the cache instead of requesting it again from the server.

As the last state of the page had that text area filled with your post, when you go back it still has the same content.

What browser do you use?

top topics

join