It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How unethical is it for an airline to conspire with authorities to lie about a plane crash?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   
This is all purely hypothetical:

But let us say that a large 747 airliner has just crashed into Newark in New Jersey. The scene is carnage. Hundreds are feared dead.

Unbeknownst to you, the airline is attempting to conspire with the authorities to lie about the circumstances of the plane crash. The airline wishes for the authorities to conclude that the cause of the crash was as a result of a series of mechanical failures in conjunction with pilot error.

The truth is that the pilot locked the co-pilot out of the cockpit when he went to the loo and then hijacked his own plane and deliberately nosedived the jet into Newark. The suicidal pilot had apparently wanted to crash the plane into D.C. but opted for Newark, in New Jersey instead.

The airline really doesn't want that getting out. Imagine the horror of potential paying passengers if they hear the truth. It'd be absolutely awful for business - not just for this airline but for all airlines. "Depressed pilot deliberately crashes plane into major New Jersey city, kills hundreds of passengers including dozens on the ground and destroys half a dozen buildings, including a high-rise!"

Sounds horrific, huh?

So how unethical do you thinkt his would be?

(Also, what failsafes do you think should exist in such an event - however unlikely or improbable it is? Say, both the pilot and co-pilot want to use the plane as a flying missile. I've heard of a conspiracy theories about a secret room beneath some cockpits housing backup pilots for any eventuality - but that seems odd and unlikely and on any case, what if the backup pilot is somehow compromised as well or something? Also, remember, since 2001 and since 2015, cockpit doors have apparently been reinforced to prevent entry from the OUTSIDE, so don't go responding saying "oh we'll just force our way in and apprehend the compromised pilot")

NOTE: Let me be clear, I am not anti-aviation or a Luddite. I like aircraft and I think technology is great and I by no means want to make people afraid of flying or paranoid. This is all purely hypothetical. Remember, according to information in the public domain, this is extremely rare. The only latest incident we can remember is probably the Germanwings incident back in 2015. Again, it appears to beak extremely rare occurrence.
edit on 18-6-2021 by AT9S911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 05:37 AM
link   
That has happened before, the piloting and not the coverup, a couple of times. There are now regulations in place that stop any pilot from being alone in the cocpit. If one of the cocpit crew needs to relieve themself, there must be another member of the crew in the cocpit with the remaining pilot while that pilot is out.

Funny you should bring it up as an unethical coverup because there are TV shows about this that even name the airlines involved, 'Air Disasters'. Please do some research next time.
edit on 6 18 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Highly unethical. Airlines and Authorities have conspired in the past to shift the blame of a crash. 9/11 and MH17 are a couple of incidents that come to mind. These events come more under acts of war, where the rules are different. Truth is a common causality during times of war. When standing under the rules of engagement, deception is a common and accepted tactic.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

MH17 was a coverup? Where do you get this information? The airline and the investigation team were able to get all the information necessary to find the truth even though the local military were trying to suppress any evidence that it was their doing. Where is the conspiracy of cooperation of the airline and the government? Also, it was a shoot down and not a crash.

Not going to discuss the reason for 9/11 as too many have their opinions set in stone. But again, not a crash and not a coverup from the airline.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

I understand these are contentious issues. With MH17 and all I have seen about it, Russia has a strong case. It would be interesting to see this case resolved in an open and transparent court, televised live where each side can present their case.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AT9S911

... I've heard of a conspiracy theories about a secret room beneath some cockpits housing backup pilots for any eventuality - but that seems odd and unlikely and on any case, what if the backup pilot is somehow compromised as well or something? ...

Ummmm, yeah...no!!

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

This has happened in the alps in I think 2013 or 2014. Just went into a mountain by intent, locked the other pilot out and disabled the safety override outside the door.

It's very unethical to cover it up. Such things should not be hidden, because it costs life. Unfortunately on the other side of the equation, it would cost the airline lot's of money.

And that's the elephant in the room.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

... I've heard of a conspiracy theories about a secret room beneath some cockpits housing backup pilots for any eventuality - but that seems odd and unlikely and on any case, what if the backup pilot is somehow compromised as well or something? ...

Ummmm, yeah...no!!

Sorry, my fingers and thumbs are too big for my smartphone and I was typing on my smartphone and trying to edit (and it was pretty slow) so loads of typos and mistakes hahahaha.

But yeah, those conspiracy theories do seem absurd and lack sufficient evidence to back them up anyway, hence why I didn't go into detail...

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Just watched the 'Air Disasters' short version of the MH17 shoot down. The missle was Russian made Buk and used by the Russian backed forces. The only part still in question is who is leagally responsible for the shoot down. Who pays for pulling the trigger?

MH17 the only one shot down of 160 commercial aircraft in that airspace that day.

Where is the conspiricy involving the airline and the Dutch government that investigated this?

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Here is the Wiki page on Suicide by pilot. While some may dismiss Wiki information, it is a start for those wishing to investigate this. Where is the evidence of any of these incidents being covered up by any airline or government?

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

ATS has a heap of threads on this issue, this is one of the first main ones that kicked of the digging, debate and discussion about what really went on.

Malaysian 777 Passenger Airline Shot Down Over Eastern Ukraine

With Ukraine caught in a war zone, getting a clear picture of the facts has become highly politicized.

top topics

join