It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone here is smart enough to identify this building

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

That's not the point. The point was the corners (of the perforations) being rounded versus squared.

Whether the perforations themselves are square or rectangular is not what I was addressing, and frankly I didn't even look.

But whatever, probably arguing a moot point anyway.

35mm sprocket holes have rounded corners, as do 16mm. And they're both rectangles of roughly the same dimension, though not the same size. By telling people 35mm sprocket holes are not rounded was leading them astray. I mean, if we're going to say something on here, we should try to be accurate. The opposite of the MSM, which I think we can both agree isn't too accurate a lot of the times! It's just that I've shot and developed a lot of 35mm and 16mm film for 45 years it gets to be second nature with me. Other than that, I have absolutly no qualms about anything else I've seen you say on ATS. I think I could be friends with somebody like you.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind
ETA - The other operable question here is, why are the register perforations shown at all? Normally these would be cropped out. Generally this is done to be 'artsy' with a picture, to make it look more antique. Maybe it's just to date the picture without any other reference (unless you know period architecture, which most don't). Back in the day, these perforations would have been cropped. In fact, the fact that they show up at all is almost certain proof that the picture on the VM reel is actually a photograph of another negative or 'positive' (i.e. slide). Otherwise, you would not be able to see them...unless you put the negatives in a larger tray during the enlarging process and exposed the perforations while composing the print.

There are "register perforations" aka "sprocket holes" showing because negatives have sprocket holes. And the OP said this was a "negative."

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADAMandEVIL
1)First things first- the image is backwards.

Well, that explains quite a bit on why I couldn't get the perspective to work. Good catch.

edit on 18-6-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Do not answer … Its just a way that will possibly geographically mark you . After all ATS is far from fun unless you know there are real alphabet agents as members . You also have a heavy dose of paranoids with high IQ’s . So take this thread with caution. Lol
edit on 19-6-2021 by ThothHermes because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
First thing to realize is the photo was made from the back of the negative, so everything is backwards.
Remember it is backwards, reversed...first and foremost...
Go to one of the picture search sites and do a search for the picture. You will get about 35 pictures that are very similar.
Look at the copper (green) topped roof (top of the New York Marriott-East Side; Lexington & 49th). Aim along the copper roof into the distance. On the 'left' is the Met Life building (Park & 45th)...
Everything comes into perspective...but reversed...

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

I see buildings

Lots of buildings

No backwards buildings

Just buildings
edit on 20-6-2021 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Where does it say 'backwards buildings"? It doesn't it says 'everything is backward'.
GOOGLE MAP query 'New York Marriott-East Side'. See the copper top . Now look to the lower left and see the Met Life building...it says 'Met Life' on it.
Now look at the original 35mm photo..the Marriott is at the bottom and Met Life is above and to the right...we're looking through the back of the negative, or backwards...

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: daveinats

Dude you gotta admit that's a lot of buildings.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackArrow

I do not think egypt has such a developed city with such high rises...the egypt government is known to use such money on politicians rather than the development of cities or its citizens..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join