It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Warns Missouri Officials That The State Can't Ignore Federal Gun Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That's right, the DOJ has warned the states that they cannot ignore Federal gun laws but Federal Immigration laws... no problem.

This should pretty much tell anyone with half a brain that our Federal agencies are nothing more than the enforcement branch of the DNC as Federal laws only matter to the laws that the DNC wants to enforce or ignore.

Yeah, I guess the DOJ also forgot to tell the states that they have to enforce Federal law on pot as well. Funny how that works isn't it?

thehill.com...

In a letter obtained by the news service, DOJ officials said the U.S. Constitution’s Supremacy Clause outweighed a new state statute that prohibits police from enforcing gun laws.

The DOJ argued that the state doesn’t have the authority to prevent law enforcement from carrying out their duties and to shield citizens and businesses from facing consequences.

edit on 17-6-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Sure they can because it goes against the constitution. Doesn't matter if they reverse it, you can't reverse what the country was founded on. That was freedom, so as long as people stand up and reclaim "give me liberty, or give me death". They will never be able to change the constitution.

Speaking of which, make sure you get copies of the original constitution before it's banned.

But no, state or gov can tell a person they can or cannot have a gun. Protector or otherwise. So like I said they just need to stand up for themselves. Because criminals will ALWAYS have guns.
edit on 17-6-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Well, looks like the Supremes are going to be asked to uphold the constitution......soon!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I think that this can put to rest any doubt that Merrick Garland would have been an activist Justice.

I guess we did dodge a bullet there.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

the DOJ has warned the states that they cannot ignore Federal gun laws but Federal Immigration laws... no problem.

Their difference being, one is protecting the public from violent Right Wing gun owners and the other is when they pull the racist card.

They got a whole damn deck of those things.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Here they come !!!

The Democrat Fascist Feds will prosecute whether right or wrong and get the desired effects before any court orders are made 😃

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think that this can put to rest any doubt that Merrick Garland would have been an activist Justice.

Garland is a bitter jealous "get even" type.

He's going after anything that moves 😵‍💫

They've given him a "cart blanche" set of billy clubs☠️

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That guys ass sucks canal water.
F him and the chumps that cried over him.

On the bright side this will be his last government job.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I think that most Americans have no respect left for the gov't. It has come to exist for its own sake, not for the sake of the people whom is is meant to represent.

They have big guns. That's about it.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
I think that most Americans have no respect left for the gov't.

Respect is earned... I have yet to see any evidence that the federal government has earned anything it steals or demands from We the People, particularly respect.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   
That is very ironic, and very illegal! For him to do. That a "Federal Government" agent, should be telling "A State" that. .. (To quote this "symbolic president"). ..."Come on man"??!!? (Really)?

Haven't they read the C.O.T.U.S. or The B.O.R.?
You know?... That/This/The, "law"?

The C.O.T.U.S. made it pretty clear, that the "Federal Government" had/has, "enumerated" powers, and those "laws/agreements/limitations" are remembered by many of us. "Shall not be infringed".. Pretty much makes it not so much a "Federal jurisdiction". But a "State" and the "People" voter, problem.

The "Federal Government", "by law", as it is written? According to the 2nd amendment?. The Federal Government "has no legal standing". The 2nd. Amendment wasn't written to tell the "States" or "People", what they could, or couldn't do! It was written, (codified in "law") to tell the fed. gov. what it couldn't DO!... But yet?.. HERE WE ARE! They're doing it!
Any idiot that can read,.. "The cat ran. The cat ran fast"!.. Understands, right and wrong. It doesn't take a "legal scholar" to understand good and evil. "Shall not be infringed"? Apparently, requires over 200 years of "education" and " "legal precedent"...

Many have sworn an "actual/real, oath". That "they" too, will/must abide by "the law". Or "they" will also be considered "illegal" and "domestic terrorist"...

"Educated" people, believe they're given/granted, FREEDOM, because that's what they're "trained/educated" to believe. Because they think and believe, they're (one of the many).. "Democracy"!

It's going to suck for them, BIG TIME! When they get the/that, 3 AM "no knock warrant", before they get to answer the door, in their "bunny slippers and robe". ... "I love the State"!.. "I'm a good citizen"!.. ... "Why are you doing this to me?"!!...

Yeah?.. You probably should've armed yourself.

edit on 17-6-2021 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It is a little annoying to watch the government here pass the law telling the Feds to shove their anti-Constitutional laws and regulations and EOs on the one hand and hear our mayor whining that the Feds won't do it on the other.
edit on 17-6-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
That's right, the DOJ has warned the states that they cannot ignore Federal gun laws but Federal Immigration laws... no problem.

The DOJ argued that the state doesn’t have the authority to prevent law enforcement from carrying out their duties and to shield citizens and businesses from facing consequences.

So that means that San Francisco must go back to supporting law enforcement for ALL crimes, including shoplifting, right ?.....

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's almost like "they" themselves, don't even believe "themselves"?...
I can see how that would be "annoying".
But honestly?... You don't have to listen to "them".
I'm pretty sure a local "Mayor" can be "shown the light", quicker than a "fed".

We "The People", just need to re-learn, how to do things right.
Then when we're called for "jury duty"? Apply the "law", as it was intended, without fear.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

It's annoying in the sense that it's entirely predictable. The same mayor would still have us locked down for COVID too if he had his way. He's always been unhappy that the governor never required lockdowns statewide and made him wear the pants on that one.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Lady Liberty is not only blind, now she is deaf, dumb, and stupid. What happened to justice for all?

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

This should pretty much tell anyone with half a brain that our Federal agencies are nothing more than the enforcement branch of the DNC as Federal laws only matter to the laws that the DNC wants to enforce or ignore.

Yep, the politicization of the Federal government is appaling. That's why its so important the States actively resist the Feds at every turn

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Every time he flaps his gums I say thank you Mitch for bring a partisan douche.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I think Harry Reid broke Cocaine Mitch.

Also, the state of Missouri has reponded to Lord Garland of the DoJ by simply saying that they are currently not aware of any Federal gun laws that would be illegal in the state of Missouri to create a problem with this new law.
edit on 18-6-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join