It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whiskey…..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Never seen that over here, but will definitely have a look at one of our, ahem, supermarkets lol

a reply to: network dude

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: DISRAELI

You forgot two.

Whiskey (Canadian) nasty sh!t.

Whiskey (bourbon) Which is the best IMO. Irish whiskey being second. Scotch is just too harsh for my taste buds.

To the OP. Unfortunately, when dealing with whiskeys, you get what you pay for. Very difficult to find a decent one for under $20 a fifth.

Woodford Reserve and Makers Mark are my go to’s.

Obviously you don't have any idea what you're talking about. You can spend more if your ego demands it but Antient Age bourbon is as better than any high priced crap. Rich and Rare Canadian whiskey is mighty fine too.
Judge a liquor by taste and how it makes you feel in the morning, not by the price tag or what you are told by hipster swine.
I learned whiskey from my late Grandfather who would be about 110yrs if he were still here. He was very Southern and very wealthy ( invented and developed Astro-Turf) and very cognizant of the differences between #e and shinola.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is very interesting…..2 very different opinions on whiskey…….just like my 2 friends…..

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Bourbon (whisky)
Scotch
Rye
Irish
Canadian (which isn't really it's own, but blended)

Which were you drinking?

And were the two different tastes different types of whiskey's? (Your OP doesn't say)

There's a HUGE difference between all of these!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Akaspeedy

One person can LOVE bourbon, and absolutely vomit if they drink Scotch! Personally, I love Scotch, but it's nothing like Rye. And, if I took a sip of Scotch, and someone handed me a glass of Rye (without telling me it was Rye, or Bourbon, or Irish, and not letting me smell it first), I'd probably gag. But if I knew it was Rye, or other, I'd be ready for it.

The tastes are completely different.

Bourbon is very sweet (in a manner of speaking)
Scotch is very earthy
Rye is very dry
Irish is very mellow, but neither sweet, nor earthy, nor dry.
edit on 6/16/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TechnoAssassin1

Jack Daniels is the best whiskey on the planet. If you want to water it down do it with Coca Cola. Match made in heaven.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Stick with single malt scotches.

It's like being punched in the throat with a velvet glove that will hand-pleasure you later.

Only if it's aged 13 years or longer

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   

For me the single malt Irish whiskeys are the best.

Unfortunately when I drink whiskey my brain and my mouth go their separate ways.

It can be quite exhilarating listening to yourself talk crap in the wrong crowd and not be able to do a damn thing about it but your brain is still going no no no no no.

Jamesons is good.

Grant's is cheap entry level scotch that wraps its legs around you like a Bond villainess.

You only think it's going to end well.

Bourbon is proof that people will drink anything and like it simply because they don't know any better.

I haven't tried the Canadian stuff but I'm pretty sure it can go stand at the back of the line.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Yeah I like Jameson, good stuff.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Never a truer word spoken DBC.

I do like a single malt.

I recommend a wee dram of Talisker.

Plus for anyone interested below is a documentary on Jack Daniels but does cover Scots and Irish distilling as well.

Chasing Whisky
edit on 17-6-2021 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

When this thread slows down maybe you can get some more insights from the couple of pages of my older thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-6-2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I've had many friends tell me that some is better then others... s'all nasty to me...

I've yet to try a whiskey i would drink

I'll stick to me beers and cider thanks

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Nothing worse than tasting something you weren't prepared for...

Reminds me of a party I went to one night, after drinking bourbon all night, someone hands me a shot of tequila without telling me. Little bit of gagging for that one.

Bulleit Bourbon has been a go to for me for a while. Nice and smooth, decent price, nice frontier style.

Chivas Regal is a scotch I recently had gotten into.

There is definitely a time and place for sipping and for shots.

I'm still fairly young and new to the world of whiskeys however. Always trying new things.

Fistful of Bourbon wasn't too bad, fairly cheap too.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AnnihilateThisI

Don't feel bad; I was at a party once eons ago. We were drinking tequila in Solo cups. Had a keg of ice cold beer too, and life was good. I was whooping it up (in my youth) and asked for a shot, and someone handed me one. I thought it was tequila so I knocked it back...only to find out it was Yeager!!!!!

Think you're going to get shot of some nice iced down tequila to go with my cold beer, and then get a solid shot of WARM, crotch temperature, Vicks 404 (Yeager)! After my addled mind realized what had happened I tried to breathe and be cool, but i couldn't...instant technicolor sidewalk pizza, KACK, asphalt quesadilla, barking at the ants stuff!! In a moment I was on my knees unswallowing everything I'd eaten for about 4 days, hurling Kalamazoo corndogs and snomitting Bombay omelets with a steamy clam shake as my food encore!

I think I slept in a hedge that night! Yeah, like actual BUSHES!

edit on 6/17/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

The Scots may love their Whisky but aren't afraid to mess about with it.

Big Clive re-distills all sorts but a Laphroaig? ;(

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Too funny!
Well posted

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I enjoy a nice irish whisky. But not enough to buy a bottle. I also enjoy a little rum and vodka from time to time...but again, i don't buy a bottle of them.

Bourbon though...i've been a fan for many years. Well...not really, because until the last few years bourbon has just sucked. Jim and Jack suck. Makers Mark tastes like dill pickle turpentine.

I enjoy a sweeter bourbon. Texas Ranger is my preferred, but TX Blended is good. Knob Creek isn't too bad. 9Bands is fantastic. The TX Bourbon sucks, but their Blended and that special higher priced bottle is pretty good.

I think i wrote a drunken post on bourbon here not too long ago.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Tried BrothersBond? I haven't, but it's new and I'd like to. It's Ian Sommerhalder and Paul Wesley's product; I worked with them and they're good people.

I'm not a big bourbon guy, but some of the celebrity connoisseurs have created decent products. Clooney's Casamigos (anejo) is surprisingly good sipping tequila for the price, as is Dwayne Johnson's tequila that my sister had me try.

I honestly don't get the obsession with the name brands, Jim, Jack and MM.

As far as rum, Brugal anejo is a Dominican rum that, for the price, is mind blowingly smooth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join