It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a $110 Million Helmet Unlock the Secrets of the Mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Over the next few weeks, a company called Kernel will begin sending dozens of customers across the U.S. a $50,000 helmet that can, crudely speaking, read their mind. Weighing a couple of pounds each, the helmets contain nests of sensors and other electronics that measure and analyze a brain’s electrical impulses and blood flow at the speed of thought, providing a window into how the organ responds to the world. The basic technology has been around for years, but it’s usually found in room-size machines that can cost millions of dollars and require patients to sit still in a clinical setting.

The promise of a leagues-more-affordable technology that anyone can wear and walk around with is, well, mind-bending. Excited researchers anticipate using the helmets to gain insight into brain aging, mental disorders, concussions, strokes, and the mechanics behind previously metaphysical experiences such as meditation and psychedelic trips. “To make progress on all the fronts that we need to as a society, we have to bring the brain online,” says Bryan Johnson, who’s spent more than five years and raised about $110 million—half of it his own money—to develop the helmets.

www.msn.com...

This seems to be where tech is headed. You look at this and Elon Musk's Neuralink and the idea is to bring the brain online and reduce bandwidth between the mind and actions that the mind takes. So you could read your email with your mind instead of having to click the mail icon then click on which mail you want to open.

This will open up some serious privacy issues. Will people want their mind online? Will hackers eventually be able to influence your thoughts and actions?
edit on 16-6-2021 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Will I have to shave my head to get a more accurate reading? Doc tried this in 1955 and thought Marty was there from the Coast Guard Youth Auxiliary. It didn't work then, I don't see it working now.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2019

For fifty grand I'll tell them exactly what I'm thinking.

No helmet required and my head is already shaved.

I'm not too worried about the tech to find out my thoughts but I'd be worried that they may one day be able to make me think thoughts that aren't my own.
This sort of thing will be open to all kinds of abuse as time goes on.

Creepy stuff.

edit on 1662021 by Tulpa because: Correction

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
No thank you.

I think about doing lots of stuff. Just like a lot of people. Stuff I would NEVER act upon.

I sure don't need a machine ratting me out.

This is how you get the thought police kids.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Matrix.... Here I come.

Seems to me they're slowly introducing us to the hive mind. Like they're doing with a cashless society. And social scoring. And invasion of privacy.

I'll pass. Just give me a N64, some ones, fives, and tens, and leave me and my baditude alone.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2019

Apparently I'll be a perfect candidate for this. I don't think they'll be able to unsee my thoughts though.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Does bring to mind China's 'emotional surveillance program' back in 2018:

Mind Reading no more a fiction: Chinese Government upgrading Industrial helmets with “Brainwave Monitors”

In China, a new kind of sophisticated equipment is incorporated for telecommunication and other industrial sectors.

But there’s one big difference – the workers wear caps to monitor their brainwaves, data then analyzed to enhance the pace of production and redesign workflows, according to the company.

The company explains this “monitoring” process,by manipulating the frequency through the electronic input via helmet, elevates the gross efficiency of the workers.This method is further processed to schedule adequate period of leaves and break times.

” Hangzhou Zhongheng Electric is simply one among the large-scale utilization of cerebral surveillance to monitor worker’s emotions and “mental activities” “-says scientists and companies with ties in the government-backed projects.

These lightweight helmets and seemingly uniform hats are intricated with wireless sensors.These sensors constantly imbibe wearer’s brainwaves and upload the data into computers.These computers are “armed’ with artificial intelligence algorithms which detect emotional spikes namely depression, anxiety and rage..

link

As for Elon Musk and the agendas behind the invasive insertion of electrodes and chips inside people's brains there's a relevant vid below.

Apparently the operation will be performed by a robot and the chip will be wirelessly connected to a phone app.

What could possibly go wrong?

link

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

but I'd be worried that they may one day be able to make me think thoughts that aren't my own.

Mate there's a video here from the wackjobs at the WEF where DARPA are already boasting they can do that.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If a man can be considered guilty for what goes on in his mind, then give me the electric chair for all my future crimes.

Prince

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   

""Will people want their mind online?""

UMMM-- HARD NO!

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2019

Will I have to shave my head to get a more accurate reading? Doc tried this in 1955 and thought Marty was there from the Coast Guard Youth Auxiliary. It didn't work then, I don't see it working now.

Was this that time that Doc was trying to get ahead of the whole "Auto-Erotic Asphyxiation" thing? Yeah that really messed him up. Poor guy even thought he invented a way to travel in time, but instead just created a "Y".

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I've seen this guy on Lex, he sounds a little...off when you listen to his history and motivations.

He basically stated his motivations after being raised in a religious home, he disregarded all religions after further study and he has no hope for an after life, so as a sales person he figured he would devote his life to transferring his consciousness into some other medium...he also seemed to elude he would live for hundreds of years and was playing the "long game" in terms of his diet and what not.

I've no doubt he is smart and knows how to leverage the things around him...I'm sure he will get those things to some degree...but...yea, a little bit off. I can see why Musk got rid of him.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Interesting.
Lt. Col Corso said that the aliens in UFO's, used a crown type of apparatus to control their craft.
And yes, DARPA has had something like this for the last decade.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Reminds me of that movie BrainStorm.

Looks like fiction is becoming fact.

top topics

join