It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid Lifting of Restrictions for State of California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just as I expected, the government is lifting the restrictions for face masks in California, but nothing at all is going to change and nobody wants to change! The ABC news said that a full 70% of the pubic will still be wearing face masks while walking down the street, even though the law has lifted the guidelines. The news broadcasters were shocked, the public really wants to keep things the same??

Is that because 70% of the people have low self esteem for how good looking their face is?

Or is it because people love to fear more than they love their neighbors?

Or, is it because covid is still a real threat and these people will truly be protected from dying? (I do not feel in my gut that this is the true answer)

I may be completely wrong, but it was hard for me to believe in these 100,000 people who died everywhere around me because I haven't seen anyone sick for the whole epidemic, nor have I seen or heard anyone in any local hospitals that were sick and dying from covid, nor have I heard any groups set up prayer services or other events to show love to the victims in public, as they do for other events of chaos. However people with already health problems did have very much serious trouble from the epidemic - I am saying your average Joe on the street - I did not see anyone sick. I also know that the government is a liar, they have been from the start, and however does not believe that seriously needs to start Reading more in their life. So with that evidence combined - why in the world would I have anything to fear unless I fear every other lie people try to manipulate me with?

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It is possible mask wearing has become a political symbol (virtue signal); to not allow themselves to be confused with an "anti-masker".

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MatterIsLight

I live in Florida. We have had restrictions lifted for about a month.

I found out yesterday that, here, it depends on the area.

I live live in a rural areal and it looked strange to me to see a person with a mask on. I had to laugh because in such a short time, wearing a mask went back to looking strange, to me.

Yesterday I had to go into a part of town that is considered the home of the elite. Almost everyone I ran into had on a mask.

What a difference a few miles makes.

It almost told me that people truly are influenced by their surroundings. I stood out like a sore thumb without a mask, and will admit, I felt very uncomfortable. No one seemed to be concerned about the fact that I was the only one without a mask, and they seemed to be on about their business, so the discomfort was self instilled.

I actually thought about returning to my car to get a mask, but the heat, the distance, and my knees won out.

The whole trip was uneventful. Everyone was pleasant. And once again, I was the odd one out.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Oregon has about 100,000 vaccinations to go before we have a full reopening. I'm already not wearing a mask unless I have to

edit on 16 6 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MatterIsLight

……..

I may be completely wrong, but it was hard for me to believe in these 100,000 people who died everywhere around me because I haven't seen anyone sick for the whole epidemic, nor have I seen or heard anyone in any local hospitals that were sick and dying from covid…..

I’m not sure where you got that 100,000 number; probably you just made it up. The official CDC number is approximately 600,000. If you assume for the sake of argument that the real number is 600,000 that is about 1 person out of every 550 people, averaged over the population. Most people don’t know 550 people we’ll enough to know when they’re in the hospital or dead. No surprise that you don’t know anyone. If you think the “real” number is 100,000, then you would have to know about 3,300 people to know someone who got sick or died.

This is one reason why anecdotal reports like yours are useless for understanding what’s really going on.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If you get a dog used to wearing a collar then take it off, often the dog will become anxious and try to get it's collar back on.

Same idea, just the sheeple being good little pets.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I love in socal. It's most likely people don't want to be looked down on by their mask wearing peers. Social pressure.. heard insanity

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

The official CDC number is approximately 600,000.

Your overlords thank you for believing their propaganda.

I know people that “died” from Covid. Oh yeah, did I mention they were all morbidly obese, diabetics, multiple serious pre-existing health conditions and 70+ year olds?

Did they die of Covid? I think not. They were on their way out anyways.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: MatterIsLight

……..

I may be completely wrong, but it was hard for me to believe in these 100,000 people who died everywhere around me because I haven't seen anyone sick for the whole epidemic, nor have I seen or heard anyone in any local hospitals that were sick and dying from covid…..

I’m not sure where you got that 100,000 number; probably you just made it up. The official CDC number is approximately 600,000. If you assume for the sake of argument that the real number is 600,000 that is about 1 person out of every 550 people, averaged over the population. Most people don’t know 550 people we’ll enough to know when they’re in the hospital or dead. No surprise that you don’t know anyone. If you think the “real” number is 100,000, then you would have to know about 3,300 people to know someone who got sick or died.

This is one reason why anecdotal reports like yours are useless for understanding what’s really going on.

And yet many of us know someone dead or ill after the "vax".

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MatterIsLight I am from there originally, and heading there for much of July to see family. CA lockdowns and policies the last year have been absurd and disproportionate, replete with CA political leaders violating their own covid restrictions.

As to lots of people being cautious still, ranging from masks to staying home, they were deluged with fear and doom for the past year. It wasn't more than 1-2 months ago the media and leaders were still saying we had to wear masks indefinitely.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
All, thank you for your welcoming discussion. I have been wanting to communicate, however things have been happening lately in many areas just like the many areas of discussion in this site.

Yes, a political symbol. A public symbol, it reminds me when historical statues were getting masked.

Yes the 100,000 number wasn't only made up but it was an exaggeration, less or more. Why did you think I was putting any emphasis on knowing anyone? Can you quote me on anything as to say why you thought my post has anything to do with knowing people? The post is about how there are no public or media acknowledgments from the families of victims, I compared when the social media was filled with the families of less than 3,000 people who died. Again, when teens were dying from opiates all the time we had the same outlets. But I could not find one, that was my experience - in this case all I found was the news throwing out outrageous numbers - and their metrics are misleading. So stop trying to make up a point that I did not say just to argue your made up point because that reality means you are not arguing with me, but some imaginary person.

I agree fully with the rest.

Here is what I saw which is similar to NightSkyeB4Dawn. When I went to one store, everybody had on masks but me and about ten other people, this was Costco. Then I went to a Sporting Goods store and nobody had any masks on. So that was strange. It was almost like people didn't want to take off their masks the first day because they wanted to see what everyone else would do, lol. Infinitis is right.

new topics

top topics

join