It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good news on Ivermectin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Jimy718

Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance.

Any chance of cherry picking with those particular 18 trials? I notice that this retracted study is prominent in the meta-analysis, so 17 trials maybe? Maybe reason to be concerned about other trials cited?
www.nature.com...

Kory's paper was rejected earlier this year by another journal, btw:

Upon further scrutiny by our Research Integrity team about the objectivity of this paper during the provisional acceptance phase, it was revealed that the article made a series of strong, unsupported claims based on studies with insufficient statistical significance, and at times, without the use of control groups. Further, the authors promoted their own specific ivermectin-based treatment which is inappropriate for a review article and against our editorial policies.
blog.frontiersin.org...

We note that last week the authors offered a revised version of their paper for consideration, based on the concerns discussed with the Handling Editor.
Apparently the authors didn't follow through because someone else accepted it.

This is from the NIH
It is from American Journal of Therapeutics. PubMed, is a "library." You can find it in other libraries as well.

edit on 8/30/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Ivermectin is the only difference between those countries?

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ivermectin is the only difference between those countries?

It's another straw on the camels back. If these big pharma guys don't get it that there are effective and safe treatments available by now and would rather go with protecting their income stream I don't expect much to change anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I try to not allow any "Data prejudices", or differences in philosophy to interfere with my analyses.

I disagree very much with how the CDC has setup their VAERS data base/set; I don't like to "normalize", they did. Oh well, I'll just have to code around their 'stupidity', no big deal.

You should learn just what data is, and learn to respect it.

BTW: your objections to the paper I linked; mostly opinion, not true fact.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join