It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some People Should Be Culled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Two groups.

1. Those who came up with the advertising campaign.

2. Those who ok'd that PR.

I won't give the asses at the company the PR by naming them, but I will say this.

"Only pay for what you need"------are you frakking kidding me? In four decades of driving, I've never felt the need to pay for more than I needed and never have.

Then, there's the freaking emu. Really? A frakking EMU?

Seriously, are we that stupid that THAT ad campaign is actually working? They are making money, obviously, as the commercials don't stop.

Wet teddy bears? That's not funny and is so supremely revolting. I hate you for that.

Have we, as a society, gotten that stupid to accept the idiocy of these ads?

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Whatever you do, DO NOT look up 'wet teddy bear' on urban dictionary. You might not like it and I don't know how they got away with that commercial.

Not to say there is anything wrong with that but it should not be in a public commercial.

I also do not agree with culling, that is letting them off too easy. They should be subject to 24 hour Slim Witman album commercials for the rest of their life.
edit on 6 16 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 12:55 AM
link   

OMG Mr. Archer, my favorite rant topic. Being truthful here, I find the gd emu crazy funny espeically the couple with the emu wife and that real cute woman wife. But wet teddy bear bit makes me cringe it's so stupid. So freekin stupid.

Then there is that one with that big guy from citcoms taking about when he gets ''knocked out of his zone''. I don't want to hear about your frikken zone buddy.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I can't stand those commercials. Idiot and his stupid bird. I wouldn't buy anything from that company after that series of rubbish. He reminds me of a 50's aluminum siding salesman. And the company tried awful hard to find the most ignorant mascot of them all. Fire the entire marketing department!

I feel the same way!

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Fire the entire marketing department!

Well sure, except for one thing. It's working huh? They wouldn't spend millions and millions to produce them and pay to get them on the air if they didn't work, right? Same goes for that other bunch of idiots selling another auto home insurance. But there they are, years and years of the same moronic sales reps. It must be making money for them cuz they are still there.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I'm happy i don't have the slightest #ing clue what this threads about...

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I hate advertising period.

If a product is worth buying then I'll find out from someone who bought it.

The TV will tell you anything.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Then you have achieved true freedom.

And I salute you.

And also envy you.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I'm happy i don't have the slightest #ing clue what this threads about...

See his previous thread.

Not everyone lives in the US of A.

P

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Most people should be.

We're a disease to this beautiful planet.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what kind of animal it is, or what any person in the commercial is saying, nor does it matter how much the commercial pisses you off...

All that matters is that you remember the name of the company.
(and that applies to any/every company/commercial)

Now with that↑ being said, what really pisses me off about those commercials is the end when they repeat the company name 4 times. I don't actually know why but there's just something about the way they say it that really gets under my skin.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

" I don't actually know why"

Because it's an unfortunate earworm that gets stuck in your head. At least that's how I see it, but repetition also tends to make things more memorable so from a marketing standpoint I'm sure that's why they do it. However, it does not make it any less annoying or cringy. I personally hate all these commercials as well, and my dad has often gone on many rants about them too, especially when he's trying to watch a youtube video and it gets interrupted.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles
a reply to: Katatonik

Their logic is flawed, what company did the emu and husky arse/crap/jizz eating gay men for sale commerical? Cause I tend to tune it out with the nonstop gay pride stuff. Maybe it's time for straight people to line the beach and freedom # the gay "woe is me" conformists back into submission cause I am seriously tired of having sexuality rubbed in my face.

No one gives a # if gay people hold hands. No one needs a guide on how to stick their dick in someone's ass. Keep it to yourselves, and stop forcing sex on 5year olds #ing pervs.

I have no issue with gay people. But my god, show some dignity. Real gay people "before it was cool" will straight up call all of this crap bull# and demeaning. Stating the only thing they wanted was to be recognized in the hospitals, and by law in cases of death... when they were married/partnered. (Which they weren't even allowed to be there if their partner was injured, or had a stroke.). They wanted those equal rights, not to be paraded around like freak show attention whores.

People these days.. it's super easy to tune this crap out cause it's all over. The commerical is more memorable then the 20x they say the company name, because of how sickening they are.. Maybe if they actually did something catchy or worth while, or actually funny... people will remember the name of the actual company.

And for real, no idea what company did those stupid commericals... XD not just making a point. I literally have.. no idea..
edit on 16-6-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackArrow

I've seen the wet teddy bear commercial many times, but not once did I ever think it was a reference to gay men until I read this thread. Actually, I still don't think it is.

I have no clue what this↓ is referring to. I apparently have not yet seen that commercial.

No one needs a guide on how to stick their dick in someone's ass. Keep it to yourselves, and stop forcing sex on 5year olds #ing pervs.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Heck, that's nothing compared to the mind numbing endless stream of drug commercials with their...

..."Common side effects may include swelling, anal rash, or difficulty sleeping and constant screaming. Other side effects include difficulty breathing, complete liver failure, or other major organ failure, including death, testicular implosions in men, insanity, the desire to murder yourself and your family, inappropriate outbursts of swear words, public masturbation, uncontrollable flatulence, molestation of small furry mammals, cheating on your taxes, maniacal killing sprees, bank robbery and stabbery, the desire to dump sardines in your neighbor's defroster, your spleen to shoot out of your nose, the overwhelming desire to take a belt-sander to your groin, repeated attempts to fly, monkeys to shoot out of your ass, you to be un-liked on fail-book and instagram.

Notify your doctor if you've murdered six (6) or more complete strangers in the past week for no apparent reason, or if you suddenly insist on writing a check in the 15 items or less checkout line, or if you intentionally stay stopped at green lights just to piss off the traffic behind you.

Fuk-i-tol is not for everyone. Ask your doctor if Fuk-i-tol is right for you."

edit on 6/16/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I have discussed the idea that commercials are some kind of social programming tool more than any kind of sales tool. There was one poster, here at ATS I believe, that stressed the idea that with the effort, time, knowledge and experience of the advertising agencies, they are producing ads the work, that boost sales and increases their market share. That is the logical deduction, they wouldn't waste the time and money to produce commercials that don't sell their product or service, or worse, portrays it in a bad light.

However, some commercials are so incredibly stupid, nonsensical and do nothing to sell their products and services (at least for me), that I ask myself, "Who the hell came up with this lame ass commercial and actually got it approved and produced?" I also think about how many stupid people contributed to these stupid commercials like the writers, producers, directors, actors, advertising personnel, etc., until it is broadcast on the networks and remains there regardless of how it performs in regards to sales numbers.

Few commercials get my attention unless they are really humorous are incredibly bad.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
If they have to advertise it, then its not worth buying....EVER.

How am I as the customer suppose to believe I`m getting the best value for my money when the company obviously blows it on stupid repetitive commercials?

Just like the other relentless insurance ads they are saturating the airwaves with their crap so when an idiot decides to buy an insurance policy then said company is the only one they can think of. At this point is legalized extortion with the gubmints help, the perfect money making scheme.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   

why does everyone go for the bird and forget Doug?

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

That's exactly why you don't buy insurance from ANY of those companies who advertise like that!

I know I don't. As a matter of fact, I don't buy just about any advertised product for exactly this reason.

Plus, when it comes to insurance in particular, we shop around every couple of years. Loyalty is BS with insurance companies; they're all lazy and greedy, and they all creep your rates up over time. What we insure is very attractive policy wise, so insurance companies will go out of their way to take our business away from one of their competitors, and this saves us thousands.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Personally, I can't stand commercials period, but I am very sick and tired of those commercials most of all. It's gotten to the point where if I ever saw the actor on the streets I think I'd want to just punch him in his face repeatedly, y'know, so he knows how much I appreciate his constant harassment.

Since our phones tend to spy on us, whenever commercials I can't stand play I put my mouth near my mic and quite clearly say I will never purchase a product from that particular company. I can't tell if it works or not, some commercials stop period, but others just won't ever go away..........like the ones in the topic.

edit on 16-6-2021 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join