It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone likes Legos - Lego Masters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This fake reality show is way cool.

Build things out of Legos, who wouldn't want to do that?

Last episode, it was blowing something up, action hero style. Tonight, it's build an earthquake proof Lego building.

I just started this episode, so only know the premise, but I'm hoping someone takes a clue from that building in San Francisco that is supposedly earthquake proof, some multinational corp. building. I forget the name but I've seen it up close and I sorta get the idea of how it's earthquake proof. The diagonal foundation, I get it. Or, a freaking pyramid.

Yeah, this is fun. Just watch it.
edit on 6/16/2021 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Sounds interesting but I think or feel (I dunno these days) that you may have left off the linky poo.

Could we please have the linky poo please.

P

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Dammit, it's a tv show. On fox. Frak, why is this so hard? I get it, I didn't explicitly say it was a tv show, but I certainly implied that.

Is every thread I start going to be this difficult? I tell peeps it's a tv show and they want links?

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Binged this recently.

Like being a kid again

Plus the "stars" do have some l33t Lego Skills, a shame they are all so strange though.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 01:46 AM
link   

It would have been nice to tell us some details, it is called making a good thread.

I live in another country, I don't get your networks or your cable ... because I live too far away.

So ... yes, it does matter.

I was looking forward to your thread because I love Lego.

Hate the company though.

P

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Lego Masters (imdb)

Just one of many negative reviews ...

Hope they read these reviews
jonadbell17 February 2020
I LOVE LEGO! I was so excited when I heard about this show. One of the greatest things about LEGO is seeing how people build different things with them. Unfortunately this is not what we are getting in the first episodes. Instead of focusing on creativity and the amazing build process the producers are focused entirely on the weird cast and playing up their eccentricities and emotions. I think LEGO fans would rather watch builders figuring out how to make stuff than watch them sniveling about the time constraints and the possibility of letting down their partner.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Thank you! I will give it a miss. Series two will have hissy fits and all.

P

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   

The actual builds are phenomenal.
Its just a shame the contestants are chosen to represent every sterotype in one show.
Dude in a dress playing with Lego???
Wouldn't have happened in my day

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   

For the record, there is no such thing as earthquake "proof".

There are things like seismic reinforcement, dynamic seismic resistance and earthquake mitigation, but nothing can ever be made earthquake "proof". A large enough earthquake will take down anything.

It's like "waterproof" watches; there is no such thing, only "water resistant".

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The plural of Lego is either Lego or Lego bricks. Billund suggests we use the latter.

That is all.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

It wasn't like that on the original Lego Masters, a few years ago on Channel 4.

The (networking genius) wife and the youngest child met the producers by accident in the Leicester Square Lego Shop a couple of years ago. She's kept in touch and I'm wondering what she's up to...
edit on 16-6-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I don't like Legos.
My feet hurt at the mere mention of them.
My youngest child, a son, is fifteen now.
He has outgrown Legos, thank goodness.

I won't miss buying them, I won't miss picking them up off the floor, and I certainly won't miss stepping on them at night in my bare feet!

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Tonight's episode was based upon one floating brick that everything had to be structured around. My thought was Yes Fragile album cover. A floating island in space, that would have been so cool.

new topics

top topics

join