It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting picture from Belgium

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

One of the weapons appears to be the DroneGun Tactical. It uses an RF interference system to cause the drone to either immediately land, or return to its origin point. It only works against manually controlled drones, but will also immediately interrupt video signals from the drone.

DroneGun Tactical by Droneshield

This↑ got me thinking, I wonder if it's possible to create a barrier that a drone can't fly through. If not now, I bet there will be at some point. Some sort of electronic wall that can completely surround an entire property, and extends upwards a few hundred feet. Kinda similar to those electronic dog collars, but obviously much more powerful. Not necessarily something that would damage the drone, but that just would not allow it to pass through.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Strange photo. It looks like the girl has a watch on here right wrist but a pull finger from the left. Also, the big guy looks like he has photos in this cargo packet. a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

lol me too. I know how annoying that can be. I recently got a neighbor in his late 20s, wife, newborn and he doesn't work ever. Because of my wife's hospital shift one of us is pretty much always home. This guy has the complete setup his phone turns into goggles and he fly's his super loud and modified drone at least 3-4 hours a day. And all he does is laps around the neighborhood. So when I'm out back grilling, smoking, doing whatever. Every 30-40 seconds I hear it going right over me. Ontop of that it has a camera and he can see what everyone is doing. He has zero situational awareness. I've almost hit it with my car because of him flying low in the street. The icing on the cake was one day I was driving home and he was standing in the street flying while his wife was trying to hold the baby and carry in handfuls of grocery bags, was thinking what a douchebag.

Been thinking about getting one of those powerful air rifles and take some shots at it. I wouldn't risk lobbing .22 rounds in the air as they have to come back down. Guy drives me nuts. I respect his right to own and operate the drone, just wish my house wasn't included in his "circuit"

I can't believe those are real guns. When I first saw the pics I thought CGI. Pretty wild, they look lightweight for their sizes. I would love to have either one
edit on 6/16/2021 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

The DroneGun, with two batteries, is about 16 pounds. The Skywall is heavier, at 26 pounds. Personally, I want the Skywall Auto though.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: Zaphod58

One of the weapons appears to be the DroneGun Tactical. It uses an RF interference system to cause the drone to either immediately land, or return to its origin point. It only works against manually controlled drones, but will also immediately interrupt video signals from the drone.

DroneGun Tactical by Droneshield

This↑ got me thinking, I wonder if it's possible to create a barrier that a drone can't fly through. If not now, I bet there will be at some point. Some sort of electronic wall that can completely surround an entire property, and extends upwards a few hundred feet. Kinda similar to those electronic dog collars, but obviously much more powerful. Not necessarily something that would damage the drone, but that just would not allow it to pass through.

That's a thing
, a system has been installed around our sister Islands prison:

Pioneering anti-drone system installed at Guernsey prison

A Channel Island prison is deploying an innovative new system designed to prevent the delivery by drone of drugs, weapons and other contraband over prison perimeter walls.

Les Nicolles Prison on Guernsey has installed ‘Sky Fence’, which creates a 600-metre virtual shield around the prison that detects remote-controlled drones. Thus detected, rogue drones are then forced to retreat from the vicinity when sensors – dubbed ‘disruptors’ – block its frequency and control protocols.

...Drone Defence founder and CEO Richard Gill said: “It disrupts the control network between the flyer and the drone. The drone then activates return to home mode and it will then fly back to the position where it had signal with its flyer.

IFSEC Global

That's from a few years back

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I need one, I have an asshole neighbor who likes to rip around with his annoying RC car while I’m trying to sleep, I’d love to fry his stuff with one of those bad boys.

A 12 gauge is much cheaper.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

And does a hell of a lot more damage to things like the neighbors, the neighbors house, the neighbors pets, etc.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: Zaphod58

Happiness is a megawatt laser rifle. Pew, pew, pew...

I prefer my phased plasma in 40 mw range thank you very much.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

Look up the song by dennis leery about a holes.

As to the drone. if he flys it low...go to lowes. get a LONG 2 by 4 board.16 feet prolly. wait till moron comes around, then accidentally smack it as it flys by. When you hit it.have a project requiring wood on hand so you can claim accident.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Yeah, but a bit hot to handle and it distorts the atmosphere around the beam, making it far to difficult to maintain aim while firing. Sometimes subtlety has its advantages.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Yeah, but a bit hot to handle and it distorts the atmosphere around the beam, making it far to difficult to maintain aim while firing. Sometimes subtlety has its advantages.

True. its like literally firing light sabers and if you dont have a flame suit on you get scorched as well.I remember the question on because science one time about how hot is a lightsaber beam.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   

useless against high tech and drone swarms... yeh it does look like it’s for low end drones. Just shows how stupid governments are, by showing off their cheap toys.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Wasnt there a Drone that got knocked down near Woomera,Australia when they were testing something?

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

useless against high tech and drone swarms... yeh it does look like it’s for low end drones. Just shows how stupid governments are, by showing off their cheap toys.

Microwave emitters can fry drone swarms. so can EMP rounds. or we can use the one million bullet system steel rain i believe the name was?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join