It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Black Women killed by LE since 2015... more to this story

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
In the minds of the authoritarians' useful idiots, no use of force is ever justified regardless of how heinous and wanton the actions of the bad guy (or gal) was. This is made clear by Insider's recent article lambasting law enforcement, a purported lack of judicial scrutiny and what seems at first glance to be surprising.

However, by the site's own admissions, these all appear to be justifiable shootings. This is why there has not been any significant scrutiny. These shootings were 100% justified, lawful and neccesary.

www.insider.com...

Here are just a few excerpts, by their own admission, showing the reasons behind these officers being cleared.

Synopsis: Police officers fatally shot Crystalline Barnes, an honors student at Jackson State University and mother of two, in January 2018. After a patrol car pulled Barnes over, she began to drive away and then drove backward toward an officer, who opened fire, the police said. Another officer shot at her from the front as she started to drive forward, the police said.

Synopsis: India Beaty confronted officers who saw her arguing with a man in a shopping center in Norfolk, Virginia, in March 2016. Beaty pulled out what turned out to be a toy gun, and after making what the police described as a "threatening motion" toward the man, two officers opened fire and killed Beaty.

Synopsis: A police officer in Missouri City, Texas, fatally shot Dereshia Blackwell, who had been accused of killing her neighbor, in September 2018. Officers found Blackwell outside her neighbor’s apartment with a gun and a knife, the police said. They said Blackwell did not comply with orders to drop her weapons, so they tased her. Neighbors told local news outlets they heard gunshots.

Synopsis: In March 2015, Mya Hall was behind the wheel of a stolen car with a passenger when she took a wrong exit that landed them near the entrance of the National Security Agency's headquarters, authorities said. Hall sped into a police cruiser, and the police shot at the car, court documents said, killing Hall and injuring the passenger.

Synopsis: In July 2017, two officers in Norfolk, Virginia, questioned India Nelson, a naval nuclear technician, after she crashed her car into her husband's during a disagreement, the police said. While she was speaking with Officer David Dreyer, Nelson pulled out a semiautomatic handgun and shot her husband. Dreyer then fired at Nelson six times, striking her three times and killing her. The officer's bodycam footage was later released.

Synopsis: Police officers shot Tameka LaShay Simpson during a confrontation in a gas-station parking lot in Calhoun, Georgia, in December 2018. The officers, Joe Yother and Jeremy Thompson, said they had walked up to the car because they smelled marijuana. Simpson, who was in the passenger seat, fired, striking Yother, the police said. The officers returned fire, killing Simpson.

None of the other incidents reveal any malice on part of LEOs. It is clear each person was engaged in wanton criminal misconduct, armed/acted as if they were armed and are totally and completely responsible for their own deaths. At any point, during any single one of these incidents, the suspect could have averted the outcome.

These criminal morons do not deserve an article, a second look or an ounce of compassion. They are solely and exclusively responsible for their respective outcomes.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I still think "Comply, don't die" carries a lot of weight when dealing with law enforcement.

Who on their right mind thinks that fighting or resisting or running is a smart move?

All the episodes of Cops I have watched over the years shows the same thing, you don't win in the street. Take it to a judge if you're innocent.

I wonder how many people have been killed by cops in the last three decades, all colors, both sexes. And how many were not justified...then break it down by x and y and z.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

It would seem to me if you are going to start a gunfight with a trained individual...it would be best if you had training and practice yourself. They never do though and generally those who take the time to aren't criminals. Funny how that works huh...

Hoodrats be doing hoodrat things!

If you ever have a police encounter you are always best served to be polite and respectful and 9/10 times you will get a warning or at the very least much better treatment.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: EdisonintheFM

I still think "Comply, don't die" carries a lot of weight when dealing with law enforcement.

Who on their right mind thinks that fighting or resisting or running is a smart move?

All the episodes of Cops I have watched over the years shows the same thing, you don't win in the street. Take it to a judge if you're innocent.

I wonder how many people have been killed by cops in the last three decades, all colors, both sexes. And how many were not justified...then break it down by x and y and z.

Thanks for the thread.

the opposition will never discuss that aspect of this. Data and raw facts make the argument idiotic, so the solution is to just ignore that aspect of all that. Facts. And it's working. No, really.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
We all know the narrative by now. It doesn't matter if the person of color is shooting at a cop and the cop shoots back in self defense. The BLM crowd, with their media echo chamber will say that a racist cop "murdered" an innocent victim.
The criminal is then portrayed as an innocent, loving, church-going family man. Even when the criminal is a violent psychopath with 20 prior arrests, they'll say some b.s. like "He was turning his life around", etc, etc.

It's laughable at this point.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think that even if a black mass murderer was gunned down by the cops, the BLM cult would still have a problem.
They would say he deserved his 3 squares a day in prison.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

How very true
It is good words to live by. I rarely get stopped, but even when I do, I never make assumptions. Hands are always at the 2 and 10 position on the wheel, light on and visible. My wallet, docs and retiree ID is ready to go. I inform them I am carrying HR-218 retired status, if they want to disarm me that is their perogative. If they want to say "relax" that is their choice as well. Butbeing honest and cooperative is key

If only more folks would watch shows like this, or watch a dang You Tube Video even

Would be interesting to see that! I will check UCR and other sources

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm just going to say that this case is stupid:

Charleena Lyles

Age at death: 30

Date of incident: Jun. 18, 2017

Synopsis: Two Seattle police officers fatally shot Charleena Lyles, who was pregnant, in her apartment in June 2017. The police said she had threatened them with knives before they shot her seven times. Court documents said Lyles had a record of mental-health issues and had previously called the police about issues including domestic violence. Her killing sparked a wave of protests in the city. Hundreds of people gathered to mark the third anniversary of her death.

Officer outcome: Steven McNew and Jason Anderson were not fired, charged, or convicted. A lawsuit filed by the family is pending.

She was planning on killing the two police officers in front of her kid in order to; "Show him how to deal with pigs." Yet the cops were painted as the bad guys in this event because it's racist to question why a black person got themselves shot.

The local media is partly to blame on this event as well, since they were pushed by sponsors to show the police in a negative light. The media should have stood up to their sponsors and just reported the facts like the reporters wanted too. Instead what happened was that Lyles was painted as a victim of the system and that she was murdered in front of her kid. When court evidence was released that showed the public how Lyles treated the law (a court room tape that showed a Judge offering her treatment instead of jail time, and her bad mouthing the Judge and refusing the offer) the media was pressed not to show or discuss it.

I wonder what it would look like if this outlet did a story on how many White Women get shot by the police as well. I bet the number is more than 50 during that same time frame.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

Of a population of like 310m I'd say that's pretty damn good!

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Sounds to me like they're all in a Darwin award competition.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   

In the minds of the authoritarians' useful idiots

Calling the people who oppose out of control agents of the state “authoritarian”. I bet you have a Gadsden flag sticker next to a blue line sticker on your truck.

Never mind, I forgot you’re an actual cop.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Solid advice RickyD

Their actions are from a place other than logic, reason or sound tactical decision making. Sadly even an untrained fool will get lucky, all the plates and shields in the world wont stop a wildcard hit unfortunately

In the mean time, those of us who take the time to train properly and stay proficient with our weapons (many on here) will enjoy a significant advantage over these psychotic ragers

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

How true network dude

It is a shame some fall for this, I blame low quality public education and the continued corruption of society, of morality and the failure to engender common sense (ie..those who present ideas contrary to common sense as fact, 50 genders, etc)

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

6355 fewer psychopaths with zero impulse control to threaten armed citizens, police officers and others who respect the law, respect society and actually want this country to succeed.*

Im sure 1 or 2 were unjustified
edit on 6/15/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Well at least they weren't all at once. We'd never hear the end of that.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

What is out of control about any circumstances shown in the OP underwerks? Only thing I can see is the psychopaths trying to or actively engaging in the use of deadly force against trained professionals and innocent bystanders alike.

Funny because the authoritarians say only professional law enforcement should have guns, yet claim they are out of control agents of the state. One of many contradictions. Which one is it?

What they really mean is that out of control violent psychopaths should have free run to do whatever they want to the rest of us, and you want police to be unable or unwilling to act in our defense

I dont put stickers on my truck and the only blue line gear I have is gifts from friends and family. I don't see a contradiction there, you realize somewhere like 90%+ law enforcement considers SJW nonsense to be a joke right? They know they are not oppressing anyone. They know they are not killers. We are the good guys and gals. Brothers and Sisters standing together against the onslaught of violent criminals, liars, haters and outright bad people who seek to harm our communities. If we don't get them off the streets then armed citizens have to deal with them at their doorstep.

BTW I am happily retired. 30 good years the best years of my life. Now I am dedicated to my family, my friends and neighbors and my precious USA. BTW I was never any sort of agent of the state. I was a deputy to sheriffs duly elected by folks in our county, and initiated criminal complaints the same way John Q Citizen does. My oath was to the Constitution and laws of our state, not to any government or individual
edit on 6/15/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

How true

Never mind the number of folks of other races killed in OIS incidents, the race is their way of determining justification not the actions I guess

What hellscape have we found ourselves in?

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

In the minds of the authoritarians' useful idiots

Calling the people who oppose out of control agents of the state “authoritarian”. I bet you have a Gadsden flag sticker next to a blue line sticker on your truck.

Never mind, I forgot you’re an actual cop.

You check a lot of boxes, don’t you.
Antifa supporter
BLM supporter
Defund the police supporter
Democrat supporter

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
When I hit the age that I would be out late, my dad took me aside and said it doesnt matter how right you are when dealing with the police remember the odds of them having a bad day is high, they have a gun, and a club and authority to use both.

Always stuck with me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join