It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-government chief for UFO investigations: US considering extraterrestrial hypothesis

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Here's a sneak preview, courtesy of the Black Vault, I hope you're sitting down for this:

See that one and raise you this one.

link

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

" an Earth-based intelligence entirely unknown to our human society"

That idea has been kicking around for a while and there's a free E-book here about it.

edit on 16-6-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
Heads Up!

“ Washington(CNN) Members of the House Intelligence Committee will receive a classified briefing on Wednesday morning on one of the most controversial topics circulating in Washington today: UFOs.

The briefing, which was confirmed to CNN by two sources familiar with the committee's plans, comes just weeks before the US intelligence community is scheduled to deliver an unclassified report on the matter for Congress. According to one committee source, Wednesday's briefing will be conducted by the Navy and FBI.”

Government UFO report is the product of years of military infighting over whether to take sightings seriously

Source: CNN news.google.com... d=US%3Aen

What! No Air Force ancillary input???

Interesting... why wouldn't the air foce be involved when FBI is? And regular army has nothing to report?
I take it FBI will be adressing public sightings?

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 03:22 AM
link   
What annoys me just finding out... he is actually saying nothing new compared to what he said in the media in December 2017.

One thing is letting the people in office digest, another is dragging out.

Which makes it even more important that the June 25th report shows more than "njyahhh.... we are kinda almost not totally sure about this maybe being either russians or aliens."

Don't whip up a cream, if you are just going to toss it in the trash.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
New article by Tom Rogan in the Washington Examiner

Elizondo pushed back against that report's purported assertion, as first reported by the New York Times, that the government has no evidence to indicate an "extraterrestrial" origin for these UFOs. Elizondo told the Washington Examiner that the government has evidence to indicate that the most extraordinary UFOs are not "human-made machines

Elizondo says it is a credible line of government inquiry that these UFOs are "extraterrestrial, extra-dimensional," or the creation of an Earth-based intelligence entirely unknown to our human society.

Lue is trying to get out ahead of the government report in case it's as vague as some think it might be.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

I really don't get why ETH isn't the default explanation. Hundreds of people have seen landed craft with flesh and blood crew, some have even spoken to them.

Any other explanation is born from a lack of research on the topic.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Actually the complete opposite is the case.

There have been several studies that show that statistically the idea of these sightings being of ETH craft are nonsensical, as is the interaction reported with these supposed flesh and blood crew.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: chunder

Actually the complete opposite is the case.

There have been several studies that show that statistically the idea of these sightings being of ETH craft are nonsensical, as is the interaction reported with these supposed flesh and blood crew.

Exactly. Could be anything, you already have a bias if you assume you know what they are

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
See that one and raise you this one.

link
Yes, I remember Friedman liked to show that which makes it obvious that they are hiding something, but what? It does not follow logically that because they are hiding something, it must be aliens. Could be I suppose, but there are plenty of other likely explanations.

The CIA has lots of spies and they would want to keep information from those sources secret, because to do otherwise would expose the spy network. I met a guy once, he was an engineer who reported to an engineering manager who reported to me, was the last person you would expect to be a spy. While he wouldn't give me any details, he used to be employed at an unspecified location in the middle east and would somehow inform the CIA of what was going on there. Declassifying those reports would mean that the place where he was spying could see enough details in the report to know they were being spied on, and might even expose the spy once they figured there was only a short list of people who had such knowledge. So that's the first thing I think of when I see lots of redactions in CIA documents, not so much aliens.

I really don't get why ETH isn't the default explanation. Hundreds of people have seen landed craft with flesh and blood crew, some have even spoken to them.
Correction, many people CLAIM to have seen landed craft with flesh and blood crew, some CLAIM to have spoken to them. A claim is not extraordinary evidence, and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Your post suggests to me that you have not been researching all the topics you need to research to gain understanding, your view is far too narrow if you take such accounts at face value.

The alien pancakes story is interesting for several reasons, because it's one of the few cases of these alien encounters where some evidence was provided. What also makes the story interesting is that the eyewitness was able to convince Dr. Hynek that he really believes the encounter happened. And, we don't really know if it did or not, the case is listed as unexplained, but this case or a thousand other cases like it doesn't provide any sort of proof.

Man claims aliens gave him pancakes after UFO 'landed in his back garden'

Chicken farmer Joe Simonton said he was visited by aliens at his farm in Eagle River, Wisconsin, US, and that they offered him a parting gift of a stack of four pancakes

In a book which investigates the incident called The W-Files: True Reports of Wisconsin's Unexplained Phenomena by Jay Rath, the author writes: "It was rumored, however, that the wheat in the pancake was of an unknown type."

Dr Hynek wrote in his report: "There is no question that Mr Simonton felt that his contact had been a real experience."

The official Air Force verdict for the Simonton Pancake Incident labelled it as "Unexplained".

Now if he and several of his neighbors had all made videos of the ship landing, the encounter with the aliens, and the ship taking off again, it would be a lot more interesting, and would be a lot closer to the "extraordinary evidence" that might support an extraordinary claim. If these visits are happening, why we don't have videos like that going viral on youtube? Or you could make the unlikely claim that as soon as people had smartphones to record everything they see everywhere, the alien visits stopped happening. There are more likely explanations than that.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Love how most people in this thread are just assuming all we have to do is tell the president and then let him deliver the message to the people and boom!!!! Disclosure!!

My god people are stupid...this is such a nuanced and complex situation given the implications of the announcement (if we actually get one) that you cant just throw out there with zero thought. Please for gods sake people think about what disclosure means on more than simpleton level.

edit on 16-6-2021 by gnarkill1529 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gnarkill1529
Please for gods sake people think about what disclosure means on more than simpleton level.

Even the weakest, most boring, unimaginative disclosure (which I consider to be confirmation of the existence of physical alien creatures interacting with Earth in solid, nuts and bolts craft from another planet) it will literally mean the end of the world as we know it. Nearly everything humanity has learned up to this point about our place in the universe and how it works will be put into question. Religion, science, mathematics, philosophy. It will all be up for grabs.

That kind of instability in our fundamental social and economic systems might be difficult to deal with.
edit on 16-6-2021 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Personally I think it would be good for us. Get out of our rut and have at least a tenuous understanding of the big picture.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde

Personally I think it would be good for us. Get out of our rut and have at least a tenuous understanding of the big picture.

Depends on what the big picture really is. I like to play with the idea of an alien species who through means we are incapable of have figured out what existence really is and what it's all about. They're completely right, have the facts, and can prove them absolutely. And it turns out that our true natures are fashioned of coherent energy patterns that intermingle with and are filled with actual perpetual joy by being a part of the grandness of the universe. The catch is, however, that through some quirk we're stuck in these horribly weak, pain-riddled physical bodies with no awareness of the real truth. What if the aliens are the kindest, most loving beings in the universe who only want to free us to become our true natures, and therefore lean very heavily on vaporizing us in droves. They consider it a holy mission.

There we'd be, fighting like hell to stay alive even though the aliens are trying to do us the ultimate favor by slaughtering us wholesale. Even though we would finally know "the Truth," I don't know if that would be a happy ending.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
If these visits are happening, why we don't have videos like that going viral on youtube? Or you could make the unlikely claim that as soon as people had smartphones to record everything they see everywhere, the alien visits stopped happening. There are more likely explanations than that.

Be interested in what you think is a more likely explanation ?

Maybe it's just my perception but you don't seem to hear of any contactee cases lately like some of those from the last century - which for the most part were in remote situations but where some did occur in populated areas (which would now probably be captured by CCTV aside from personal devices).

For me its not too much of a stretch to believe that if whatever is behind the phenomenon has the ability to fully control the situation that control includes the ability to ensure not filmed.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Yep no mention of aliens in those two documents.

When it comes to pinpointing the evolution of official hypotheses then thought Bruce Maccabee gave a relevant presentation below.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Yep no mention of aliens in those two documents.

Perhaps you can imply Aliens in the mentioning of “UFO” of the first doc posted….

edit on 17-6-2021 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Yeah I completely agree. Although it sounds like some in this thread think its as easy as a tweet and life just goes. That actually may be the case but I doubt. Everything is up in the air if this all turns out real.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Yeah I completely agree. Although it sounds like some in this thread think its as easy as a tweet and life just goes on. That actually may be the case but I doubt. Everything is up in the air if this all turns out real.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Yeah I completely agree. Although it sounds like some in this thread think its as easy as a tweet and life just goes. That actually may be the case but I doubt. Everything is up in the air if this all turns out real.

I'm a bit concerned about the people who might actively try to overthrow the various governments of the world and give themselves up to the aliens because they'll think they're somehow "better" than us. There have always been a number of humanity-hating individuals around who think we're awful and need controlled like babies. You see them all the time in UFO groups. "Yeah, aliens stay secret because we're horrible, aggressive creatures prone to war and destroying ourselves and the environment." Screw those people.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Its all about context.Back then UFO,s werent the threat.The USSR was enemy number 1 and the 3 letter agencies were more concerned about UFO or Aliens being part of the threat against the USA..Maybe today history repeats itself.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The tic-tac's and Radar tracks of little UFO's buzzing military ships are a side story compared to some of the more enigmatic happenings in the last 60 or so years. Like... what of the hundreds of Moon surface images that have blotted and smeared out objects and areas in them?

What were they and why are they smeared out?

I would rather witness those being answered before we even get into the newer stuff.

The actual list of unexplained anomalies under the governments watch.... The inquiries will never cease, no matter what they come out and tell us, if anything.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
What were they and why are they smeared out?
You didn't give an example, so I don't know what you are referring to specifically, have you got an example? If it's older imagery, since 2009 we have been able to get higher resolution imagery from the LRO, Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

Without seeing your example, if I had to guess, I've seen some clueless people make an issue out of what they find on Google moon. That's not a good source of imagery. You have to go to the original images, where often you don't see the same things as on Google Moon, which can distort the images with the algorithm that stitches them together.

Those stitching algorithms have caused some strange stuff in Earth imagery too, but the Earth doesn't really look like this and it's not what the original images show:

That should look more like this:

edit on 2021617 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join