It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question on Masks from the folks who claim to know

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There have been quite a few discussions on the Mask aspect of the scamdemic, but one thing I have yet to see is the study that shows how effective masks are. Sure we have seen the graphic about how being pissed on is exactly the same as wearing a mask, but the study (the science) is elusive.

It's entirely possible I missed it, and will be set straight. I'm fine with that. But what it seems we know from the one's in charge are that masks aren't capable of filtering the virus. If that is incorrect, then we will have to revisit Fauchi's email stating that fact, and the SG's claim early on that masks would do no good at all.

We can't undo the damage that was done due to this massive over-reaction, but we may be able to learn from it, so we don't have to repeat the same mistakes again the next time.

If the study exists, please link it and we can all learn something.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

A post of mine from last year.

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: infolurker

Simple Respiratory Protection—Evaluation of the Filtration Performance of Cloth Masks and Common Fabric Materials Against 20–1000 nm Size Particles

COVID-19 is about 0.12 microns in diameter for reference.

Polydisperse aerosol penetrations Average penetration levels for the three different cloth masks were between 74 and 90%, while N95 filter media controls showed 0.12% at 5.5 cm s−1 face velocity (Fig. 1). The penetration levels increased significantly for the N95 control filter media but remained 86% at 5.5 cm s−1 with no significant increase at 16.5 cm s−1 (Fig. 2b). Average penetration levels for the three different model towels and scarves were in the 60–66% and 73–89% ranges, respectively, with no significant increase at 16.5 cm s−1 (Fig. 3a,b). Table 1 shows airflow resistance (in millimeter water) at 5.5 cm s−1 face velocity. In general, the resistance levels were less than or comparable to N95 filter material employed in the study (9.8 ± 0.2 cm water gauge; 1 cm water gauge = 1.33 kPa). A cotton towel model (Pinzon) and a scarf material (Today's Gentleman) showed slightly higher resistance levels than the other fabric materials. Slightly higher airflow resistance levels were obtained at 16.5 cm s−1.

Your masks are useless.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Would the mask manufacturers be considered expert opinion on the mask's effectiveness?

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
All I know is it's 100Foutside and I can't breathe in a face diaper.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
There have been quite a few discussions on the Mask aspect of the scamdemic, but one thing I have yet to see is the study that shows how effective masks are. Sure we have seen the graphic about how being pissed on is exactly the same as wearing a mask, but the study (the science) is elusive.

It's entirely possible I missed it, and will be set straight. I'm fine with that. But what it seems we know from the one's in charge are that masks aren't capable of filtering the virus. If that is incorrect, then we will have to revisit Fauchi's email stating that fact, and the SG's claim early on that masks would do no good at all.

We can't undo the damage that was done due to this massive over-reaction, but we may be able to learn from it, so we don't have to repeat the same mistakes again the next time.

List of studies included in link.

jamanetwork.com...

However let's be honest if you are saying 'scandemic' in your opening sentence you aren't really interested.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Would the mask manufacturers be considered expert opinion on the mask's effectiveness?

They're not supposed to protect AGAINST it, and you know this.

As to the OP, here you go. It is such a simple concept that we shouldn't even be talking about it a year later.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
As long as you are not breathing hard or yelling, the virus will be attracted to the material and be held by the charge on the mask. It may be possible to make specialized masks that would repel the virus if you knew the exact charge it has. All things have a charge to them. Look how cat hair sticks to your clothes. If you use a specialized roller that has a better charge, it will stick to that and attract the hair or lint off onto the roller.

I have not seen any masks that incorporate technology that utilizes this kind of technique but some materials actually could have properties that will bind certain charges that the virus has. When you put something sticky onto something, it is actually potentiating a charge that attracts things. focusing that charge on a particular substance can be done, some things stick to one thing but not to another.

I know how it works, but I have no equipment or specific knowledge to test what would specialize in attracting microbes like viruses to the material better. Just because a mask is expensive does not mean it is any better either.
edit on 14-6-2021 by rickymouse because: I have to quit going back and changing part of something without proofreading the change made, there was a part that made no sense at all that was created.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Shooting flaming ether into people's faces never looked more fun.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to: network dude

Well, there is an email from Lord Dr Science Fauci himself where he states the masks are virtually useless as the virus particles are so small they will pass right through. He also states it would really only make sense for the infected to wear a mask.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If one person's feelings can be saved, it was worth it.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Isn’t obvious by Now ! Slave Masks, meanwhile everyone fighting over Who the Real Slaves are !

usslave.blogspot.com...

edit on 14-6-2021 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

The coronaviruses generally aren’t floating around in the air individually. They are entrained in fluid droplets which are about a hundred times or more larger in diameter than the viruses. So the mask doesn’t have to filter anything as small as an individual virus, it only has to filter the droplets.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
FWIW, world-renowned cardiac surgeon Steven Gundry says the typical surgical masks are totally useless. He makes a common- sense argument that microscopic particles can easily go through the mask and around the edges of the mask. I don't know... draw your own conclusion.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

You

They're not supposed to protect AGAINST it, and you know this.

I worked in industry where my life and health depended on a respiratory. If the respiratory doesn’t seal, it doesn’t do jack $hit.

Now. Why are you not supposed to wear an N-95 mask with an exit valve. Because it doesn’t protect the people around you, is that false.

So. A cheap a$$ general purpose medical mask that has no means to create a seal completely around the face, not made with a matrix to hold snot and slobbers for hours, not made to wear during an activity like stocking shelves, and becomes completely useless if wetted with snot, slobber, and / or sweat is not doing crap.

Then add in the fact there as no waste stream to handle used masks. Think about on the used masks in the back of a trash truck if one over drives spewing dust and sludge everywhere.

edit on 14-6-2021 by neutronflux because: Added in and fixed

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'll go with this:
"Two weeks wearing masks to flatten the curve!"

We all know how that worked.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Think about on the used masks in the back of a trash truck

Not to mention all the used masks you see on the street and in parking lots.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I'll go with "Incomprehensibly STOOPID Guinea Pigs and Lemmings" for $1000, Alex.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If this where a actual pandemic where we had a 50% survival rate you think medical experts would trust you having some home made pice of cloth to protect them

The mask thing seems to me are more of a show of compliance and fell good bs

Now its to show who's been vaccinated

The irony its also showing everyone in a very real way the majority are not getting the vaccine

This is why I still have a mask on in public nothing is really forcing me but I'm showing I refuse to take it without having to be outspoken about it

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

A mask also acts as a diffuser, creating the small droplets that they are supposed to trap.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

edit on 14-6-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join