It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new normal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Good vs evil, us and them, pirates vs ninjas, shirts vs skins.

We’ve all been forced to pick a side and stick with it. Information about pandemic safety is politically derived, and there is no discussion with people who may disagree with you- only conflict. It’s no wonder things continue to divide and folks turn increasingly to a smaller and smaller network for help.

I saw 2016 with trumps election as a hope to escape the traditional role of Washington of helping the fat cats and leaving the rest to fend for themselves. More political bickering than I ever witnessed with Russiagate, imigration gate, impeachment and ice cream scoops... it was easy to see the other side was wrong. But 2020 seemed to break that. Trump seemed to lose interest in running for or keeping office, and served to instigate and continue the divide, with the MSM gleefully stoking the flames. The trump admin pushed “vaccines” masks lockdowns and sent as all home from work.

Trump fooled us, the msm fooled us, the dems fooled us... and here we are forever in the “new normal”

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
We have fooled ourselves. We have been selecting people in this country to represent us who are only out for themselves. The constituency they supposedly represent are merely pawns to advance their self interests. ie, personal wealth fulfillment.
We the people of the United States have the government we deserve by our lackadaisical attitude.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Neobucket

Only the biggest uninformed fool believes that the two parties are any different than each other, they both want control, big government and spend like there is no tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BlankUsername

Pretending to be bigger than the fray seems a fools solution to expect much to improve on its own. We are all a part of this, own your share.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Based upon what I observe in the US a large portion of the electorate are uninformed fools!

Why is that??

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: americanbuffalo1

You remind me of the George Carlin bit he does about politicians and voting. He says we all complain about how crappy politicians are and says they don't come from somewhere else the politicians are us, they come from the general population and we vote them in. That is why I don't vote. I will leave you with a few astute observations on voting:

If you have selfish ignorant citizens, you’re going to get selfish ignorant leaders. And term-limits ain’t going to do you any good. You’re just going to wind up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So maybe… maybe… MAYBE, it’s not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here like: “THE PUBLIC”. on election-day, I-STAY-HOME. I don’t vote. # ’em. # THEM. I don’t vote. Two reasons. Two reasons I don’t vote: first of all, it’s meaningless. This country was bought and sold and paid for a long time ago. The # they shuffle around every four years doesn’t mean a #in’ thing. And secondly, I don’t vote ’cause I believe if you vote, you have no right to complain. People like to twist that around. I know, they say, they say: “well if you don’t vote you have no right to complain”. But where’s the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent people, and they get into office and screw everything up, well you are responsible for what they have done, YOU caused the problem, you voted them in, you have no right to complain. I on the other hand, who did not vote, WHO DID NOT VOTE. Who in fact did not even leave the house on election-day, am in no way responsible for what these people have done, and have every RIGHT to complain as loud as I want, about the mess YOU created, that I had nothing to do with. So I know that a little later on this year, you’re going to have another one of those really swell presidential elections that you like so much. You enjoy yourselves. It will be a lot of fun. I’m sure as soon as the election is over, your country will “improve” immediately. As for me, I’ll be home on that day, doing essentially the same thing as you, the only difference is, when I get finished masturbating, I’m going to have a little something to show for it folks.------ GEORGE CARLIN

‘If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It’---Mark Twain

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”
― Winston S. Churchill

“I have never voted in my life... I have always known and understood that the idiots are in a majority so it's certain they will win.”
― Louis-Ferdinand Céline

“Presidents are selected, not elected.”
― Franklin Delano Roosevelt

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: americanbuffalo1

Because of the U.S. indoctrination (education) system. It has intentionally created a dumbed down populace, they want workers that are just smart enough to work and do what they are told but not smart enough to think for themselves.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

No, it is being aware and awake enough to recognize a rigged system when you see it.
edit on 13-6-2021 by BlankUsername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlankUsername

No, it is being aware and awake enough to recognize a rigged system when you see it.
Everybody wants to rule the world. Even in the context of a conversation. A kingdom needs to conquer and we are always at arms while they rule.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

If all the kids want the same toy you'll let them have turns with it...

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It's so surprising there hasn't been more threads like this one were people admit they were fooled by controlled opposition Puppet Trump. It seems every Trump supporter who is still in the illusion that Trump was "The Chosen One" and on the side of us peasants NEVER acknowledges the fact that he and his admin intiated Operation Warpseed and called the jabs "a miracle" and "100% safe."

Of course, he didn't actually do anything but he was the puppet that was going to push the agendas of the Overlords. Puppet Biden and his admin are now doing the same thing.

Red flags should have gone off in everyone's head when both the wings agreed on vaccinating the whole world. When have they ever agreed on something so universally? Both wings are on the same rotten bird and 2020 should have been the year where everyone realized this but instead it was the year where people were under either wing more than before.

All voting does is put another puppet in office and that's IF voting is even real. Politicians are most likely selected, not elected but The Powers That Shouldn't Be throw us a bone and let us believe we actually have some sort of say.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This website sucks now.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Imagine how great this country would be if we had really woken up back in the 90s and elected Perot and then elected Ron Paul and then elected Gary Johnson.

But no. We’re idiots.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
We don’t get to pick our elected officials. That has become obvious to me over the many elections I’ve experienced.
This is why I’m behind any audits they want to do. Not because I believe Trump will be reinstated, I doubt that, but because I want the rest of the US to see how our elections are a pay to play scheme and both Republicans and Democrats politicians are in on it.
We blame the election outcome on each other saying the other side is stupid for doing it, but I really don’t think any of us have a choice, they just tell us we do.

edit on 13-6-2021 by TheLieWeLive because: Reasons

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

If all the kids want the same toy you'll let them have turns with it...
If we’re the kids who’s in charge?

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Ding ding ding! That's a bingo!

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neobucket
I saw 2016 with trumps election as a hope to escape the traditional role of Washington of helping the fat cats and leaving the rest to fend for themselves.

Yeah, you guys really did get hoodwinked on that one, his the biggest fat cat of them all... lol.

At the same time though, you have only got yourselves to blame. It takes an extremely delusional mind to actually believe a person like Trump would ever go in fighting for anyone else but himself, let alone the minions of have nots.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1

Based upon what I observe in the US a large portion of the electorate are uninformed fools!

Why is that??

Especially the one's that voted for the other side....think how the losers must feel!!

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Neobucket
I saw 2016 with trumps election as a hope to escape the traditional role of Washington of helping the fat cats and leaving the rest to fend for themselves.

Yeah, you guys really did get hoodwinked on that one, his the biggest fat cat of them all... lol.

At the same time though, you have only got yourselves to blame. It takes an extremely delusional mind to actually believe a person like Trump would ever go in fighting for anyone else but himself, let alone the minions of have nots.

So you prefer the two party system? Or rather you prefer a one party system? Don’t you think your flaming a bit hard? You’re also playing right back into team mentality and hyper focusing on the thing you don’t like in trump (which was his role to provide for some).

You’re still being played if you want to keep harping on your trump issues.
edit on 13-6-2021 by Neobucket because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join