It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would a culture possibly MILLIONS of years more advanced than ours have to say to US?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlankUsername
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

We have translators because we know the other languages. There can not be a universal translator for alien languages when there has been no study of or exposure to those languages, so if aliens are here for the first time they would not be able to translate our language until they studied it

I suppose they have been around long enough to observe and study our languages from all the radio signals that we transmit everyday....and so a translation of earths humans can be established and become part of their languages database.......they’ve mastered Rosetta Stoning...imo.
edit on 13-6-2021 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
I remember that Saturn rings message. "You people must curb your Earthly impulses". A message pretty clearly meant to tell humans to grow up.

Then the messages of those nuclear missile silo fly overs and deactivations of missiles meaning stop fooling around with these dangerous planet killing devices.

Just two that I remember.

Don't forget the Southern Television Broadcast Interruption of 1977 (it wasn't me, I was only 4 months old)

This is the voice of Vrillon, a representative of the Ashtar Galactic Command, speaking to you.

For many years you have seen us as lights in the skies. We speak to you now in peace and wisdom as we have done to your brothers and sisters all over this, your planet Earth. We come to warn you of the destiny of your race and your world so that you may communicate to your fellow beings the course you must take to avoid the disaster which threatens your world, and the beings on our worlds around you. This is in order that you may share in the great awakening, as the planet passes into the New Age of Aquarius. The New Age can be a time of great peace and evolution for your race, but only if your rulers are made aware of the evil forces that can overshadow their judgments.

Be still now and listen, for your chance may not come again. All your weapons of evil must be removed. The time for conflict is now past and the race of which you are a part may proceed to the higher stages of its evolution if you show yourselves worthy to do this. You have but a short time to learn to live together in peace and goodwill. Small groups all over the planet are learning this, and exist to pass on the light of the dawning New Age to you all.

You are free to accept or reject their teachings, but only those who learn to live in peace will pass to the higher realms of spiritual evolution.

Hear now the voice of Vrillon, a representative of the Ashtar Galactic Command, speaking to you. Be aware also that there are many false prophets and guides at present operating on your world. They will suck your energy from you – the energy you call money and will put it to evil ends and give you worthless dross in return. Your inner divine self will protect you from this. You must learn to be sensitive to the voice within that can tell you what is truth, and what is confusion, chaos and untruth. Learn to listen to the voice of truth which is within you and you will lead yourselves onto the path of evolution.

This is our message to our dear friends. We have watched you growing for many years as you too have watched our lights in your skies. You know now that we are here, and that there are more beings on and around your Earth than your scientists admit. We are deeply concerned about you and your path towards the light and will do all we can to help you. Have no fear, seek only to know yourselves, and live in harmony with the ways of your planet Earth. We here at the Ashtar Galactic Command thank you for your attention. We are now leaving the planes of your existence. May you be blessed by the supreme love and truth of the cosmos.

edit on 13/6/21 by djz3ro because: ETA Spacing in my quote

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

a reply to: alldaylong

Dafuq was that, you don't believe that is real do you?

A lot of law enforcement attempted to figure out who did that and how they did it, but they couldn't figure it out or even understand how it was done, at the time it happened.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   

a reply to: openminded2011

It would be like us trying to communicate to a neanderthal our technology. So even if aliens had been here and wanted to talk to us they could not effectively communicate with us probably. But I am one those that absolutely believes there is life all throughout this universe I think it is science fiction to think any of them have been to earth, the distances involved are simply too vast for anyone to traverse it.

Which should be a clue as to how infantile we are as a species. We take our own limited understanding and project it on the universe as if we are the final word on what's possible and what isn't.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Maybe they think of us as we think of endangered gorillas on a mountain in Africa.
We build fences around the gorillas area and try to protect them against poachers. But we dont interact with them much. We know that they wouldnt understand us very well if we tried to talk to them.

edit on 13-6-2021 by tjocksteffe because: clarifying

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
I have been giving this a lot of thought as of late. With all the UFO videos and talk on the MSM, I started to think. Maybe the aliens ARE here, for whatever reason, but WE are not the reason. Maybe this is just a base out in the boondocks of the galaxy and we are just a very primitive, uninteresting, possibly BORING species they have little or no interest in. They may like our planet, but us, not so much. We may be as interesting to talk to as a squirrel, maybe even less so. Think of the technological change we have seen in the past 25 years. Now think of the amount of change occurring in an advanced society over a MILLION years and you start to get the picture. If they ARE here, they may have seen a decent portion of the galaxy already, and as species go, maybe we are just not all that interesting or useful. Talking to us, might be like talking to a chimpanzee, maybe you could figure out a way to make it work, but what would you really have to talk about? Its our own arrogance that drives the notion that advanced aliens would even want to try to communicate with us. Ok, that's my thought, wondering what anyone else thinks of this.

I think you greatly under-estimate the world of knowledge that would open up to us if we were able to understand and communicate with squirrels, chimpanzees, and other animals. The jump in our knowledge of the planet we live on could push our sciences ahead by a "MILLION years".

I would think any intelligent species alien to this planet would be just as interested in communicating with us as we would be with them, no matter how advanced they are in comparison.
edit on 6/13/2021 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
My mother once said in humor, "We, are the Aliens". There is no doubt we are a species with amnesia. So, If we don't know where we came from, we can not know, where we go. Or for that matter, who or what we really are... I believe my mother was right..

It seems we are stuck in a loop. Technology to biology. Biology, to Technology. We find ourselves living out our minimal lives on a planet, that I am quite certain started out as a barren uninhabitable worthless speck. But with the advent of the technological wonder called DNA and the genome, all sorts of wondrous things started to happen.

All kinds of DNA expressions started to transform this barren stench ridden speck, into a garden filled with all sorts of animate creations, all having simple tasks to perform.

As time progressed these Biological extensions started to create their own biological forms to do even more tasks. Biology, to Technology. The two are actually very very similar and steps to a accomplishment.

The very first technology, was bio based. The electric eel producing electricity, Fish navigating via crystals in their brains, Whales communicating thousands of miles, etc, etc, etc. Millions of years, adapting, modifying, and even cases of extermination. One such event 10,000 years ago called the "Great Flood".

Prior to the flood the very disjointed and maligned history tells us much biological experimentation had occurred with the merging of species, half human, half bull etc. Imagination was the limit when it came to the DNA's ability. You can see that happening today with experimentation in reproducing body parts using mice, sheep, etc. Rumors of Super Solders are spreading. Biological units producing technology, to produce, biology.......

It is as if the earth is a DNA canvas that creates biology to some degree, extent, then after a time, the canvas is washed clean, to start the creative process, all over again... And it appears this washing process has occurred multiple times, in the past.

At this point, it isn't important what "They" might say to us. What is important, is what ""WE"", say to them!

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

First off, I think you're making the mistake of thinking that any one culture would survive for millions of years.

That presupposes that an alien species develops a single culture and that culture never varies for all of its existence. That is unprecedented stability.

Look at the human and race and understand the myriad of cultures that humanity has come up with in its brief existence on the planet. A culture that lasts thousands of years is more likely.

Perhaps you meant a species that is millions of years old?

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
I suppose they have been around long enough to observe and study our languages from all the radio signals that we transmit everyday....and so a translation of earths humans can be established and become part of their languages database.......they’ve mastered Rosetta Stoning...imo.

Remember we couldn't decipher the hieroglyphs, an ancient language from our own species, without the Rosetta Stone. Surely people thousands of years in the future should have had no problem?

An advanced culture's language might not be that different from ours; objects are still objects and "hey you do this" can be expressed only so many ways. But if hopping galaxies requires knowledge from a dozen space-time dimensions to be part of the language then we have no possible hope. They'd have to Rosetta Stone for us, without losing everything in translation.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

That one was a real show stopper literally. Sadly the message wasn't heeded by world leaders.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
NO! Don't Touch!

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

What would a culture possibly MILLIONS of years more advanced than ours have to say to US?

we come for your sh@@, and if you resist we'll kill you.

just because they are more advanced, doesn't mean their not hostile or wouldn't steal resources.

It is very unlikely that a hostile civilization would survive long enough to develop the technology required to traverse interstellar space. More likely that the energies required to propel such a journey would first be used as weapons, and those weapons would be turned against rival factions within the hostile civilization, leading to its annihilation.

Furthermore, any civilization capable of developing the technology necessary to travel interstellar space at anything less than instantaneously, would not be able to sustain such travel if it was dependent upon resources it could not manufacture on its own. The problem with your concern that aliens might be motivated to "steal" our resources is based on the misconception that there would be resources here that would be of any value to aliens.

It is a foolish captain who sets sail on an uncharted, unexplored, and vast ocean without all the provisions his crew might require, based on the mere expectation that those provisions will be available, for the taking, should they wash up on some shore, somewhere, at sometime.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BlankUsername

Maybe the "aliens" listened to our radio and television
broadcasting and learned our different languages.Maybe
the "aliens" are telepathic and listen to our brain waves.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I had just posted the same idea before I read your post.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
They would probably tell us they were gods and if they played their cards right they would use some tech they perfected a million years ago to convince us and get us to do things they don’t want to anymore.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Depends on which one it is. I don't they would all be the same, or think the same, or have the same intentions. I don't just mean different species, but even different individual Aliens of the same species.

I think that just like us, various individuals would be unique, with differing characteristics, and would likely have different intentions, and varying moods.

Also, regardless of what their original intentions may have been, all of that may change once they get here. It probably would have been a very long and boring journey. By the time they get here, they may just want to get the hell away from each other, after being trapped together for such a long time.

It does make sense that they would probably just want to observe for quite some time, before even considering interacting with us. I'm sure our actions would be confusing, amusing, and entertaining.(possibly frightening)

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Fifteen minutes could save you 15% or more on car insurance

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
In terms of an “Advanced” species....how is it that we don’t consider ourselves an advanced species?

Entertain the following......

Our galaxy, our solar system, is within the expansion of the universe from the point of the Big Bang (or let there be light).Where we are in that expansion? I don’t know. As we have expand out, other galaxies with solar systems might have spiraled out way before we have. You would expect that since they are ahead of us, their evolution also advanced further than us....hence advanced civilization’s that would have advanced space travel means.

In reciprocal, our own galaxy and solar systems has advanced beyond the galaxies and solar systems behind us which are still closer to the point of the Big Bang. Without proof, I will hypothesis that there are galaxies and solar systems just now in their earliest stages of their evolutions. To them, if we were to travel towards the point of the Big Bang, those early civilizations would see us as an “Advanced” species.

What makes an Advanced species to us? The common denominator of space travel. We have, ourselves, advanced to a rudimentary “Advanced” civilization in our point (or position) of the Big Bang expansion and evolution with the beginnings of our own space travel!.........imo.

Side bar...just like there are not so smart humans, I’m willing to bet there are not so smart aliens in this universe.

Don’t sell us short! We are “Advanced” to younger galaxies and solar systems.

edit on 13-6-2021 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If ants started doing nuclear testing and developed a space program I think we would take notice

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

This is a question that requires a reply of context. Millions of years of advancement (of us) is not something easily imagined. We can only speculate through the human lens, and I would posit that if our species were to progress through millions of years, we would most certainly be a lot different then from what we are now.

The only common factor that would make us 'interesting' enough for them to take any notice of us, let alone interact with us, is the faculty of intelligence, and of course, ours would seem somewhat rudimentary to theirs. A case of similarity, but only by degree.

In the film 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' (with Keanu Reeves), the visitor is asked..."What do you look like?", and he replies..."It would only frighten you." I think with an intelligence millions of years ahead of us, would provide a very similar context. They would only frighten us if we were to perceive their form. An organic intelligence that had made millions of years of advancement would have done away with the need for organic bodies, and would have developed a means to use organics merely as an embryonic stage. What do I mean by this?

Without pertaining to any form of religious or spiritual beliefs, let us suppose that earth life is an embryonic phase. It allows for a complex and modular organic body to come together, be born, and grow through stages towards full maturity. As the organic body goes through this development, something else emerges, something more central and to the core of the meaning of being alive. That something is best described as an 'entity', and that entity equally, symbiotically, and simultaneously goes through the same stages of development as the organic body towards a maturity. However, the entity (which is 'you') only matures in vitality to a certain age, but its capacity for learning and assimilating new experiences continues, only to be slowed down by an aging and decaying organic modular system, which eventually reaches a point where it can no longer sustain the entity within its organic environment, and it dies. Aging and getting old is nature's way of saying 'let go'.

What if, we are that millions of years advanced race, and we have colonised planets of suitability in order to allow our species to reproduce (on this planet as a human form) to grow new entities, and whereupon at death, the entity is uploaded to a new environment and structural form to continue its existence with others of it kind?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join