It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden to make Pulse Nightclub a national monument

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   
www.msn.com...

"Biden to sign bill designating Pulse nightclub a national memorial"

So I put this in mud pit because I know how this topic can go.

This is an insult how do you put this on par with Pearl Harbor, 9/11, etcetera? To make this a national memorial is a joke, what next make the site of George Floyd's death a national memorial?
edit on 12-6-2021 by BlankUsername because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2021 by BlankUsername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BlankUsername

National memorial, not monument.

There is a distinct difference.

But I’m sure you knew that.

(post by Chadwickus removed for a manners violation)
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I do know the difference and I stand by what I said,, do you know the difference?

Pearl Harbor National Memorial (U.S. National Park Service)

www.911memorial.org...

"Homepage | National September 11 Memorial & Museum"

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   
never let a good disaster go to waste, when it can help your leftist political agenda.

maybe they should stop all the repairs and such from all the years of BLM terrorism, and make it all a memorial to remember their racist hate and violence.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlankUsername

I do know the difference and I stand by what I said,, do you know the difference?

Pearl Harbor National Memorial (U.S. National Park Service)

www.911memorial.org...

"Homepage | National September 11 Memorial & Museum"

You called it a monument.

The article calls it a memorial.

Do you know the difference?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   

" National Memorial "

A Memorial for What > ? A Junkie Criminal Dumb enough to Die under his Own Abuse of his Body , then being Used as a Political Propraganda Symbol ? An Insult to All Rational People CHAD...........

edit on 12-6-2021 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I accidentally typed monument I have since corrected it. Yes I know the difference and stand by what I said , Are we really going to do this back and forth crap.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Pretty sure it’s for the 49 people that got murdered there…

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   

My Bad , I thought it was about George Floyd..........
edit on 12-6-2021 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Joe Biden's priorities are all ass-backwards.

After being sworn-in, he found out a project was being implemented to honor heroes and icons uniquely special to American culture.

Our illegitimate traitor in the White House CANCELLED the Project.

Thread on the subject: www.abovetopsecret.com...

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

It should not be a national memorial, so we should do national memorials anywhere people die? Should there be a national memorial in Vegas where all those people were killed ? Should all of Chicago be a national memorial because more people get killed there every week then how many were killed at pulse? Should any of the schools that have shootings be made national memorials? What constitutes when something should be a national memorial?

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If I lived in the US, I'd have voted Trump, but as a gay man, I can give Biden the thumbs up for this one.

That was pure homophobia, and I believe the shooter was ISIS (radical Islam)

Later they tried to make him out as a self-loathing homosexual (a narrative that disturbingly suited both the far left and right).

Whatever was going on in his head, there was never any evidence that he was sexually confused.

It was within the range of Islamic extremism.

Not that it matters, because these were just folks having fun at a night-club.

They weren't trying to impose their LGBTQI+ "lifestyles" on anybody else.
In a sense they were celebrating "America" and equal rights.
Yip, working class people.
It could have been me (if I ever came to visit the US).

I mean that degree of homophobia that you can just go to a "queer bar" and shoot people should be condemned.
And yeah, I think it should have a memorial.

And nope, I'm not pro-Antifa and BLM - tear down our history (no matter how painful to some).
I'm for creating new spaces, to remember and mourn.

edit on 12-6-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Got it so if it were straight people no memorial, gay people =memorial? I am not saying it was a tragedy but does not rise to the level of national memorial in my opinion

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   

By the next century, every day of the year will be dedicated to some "event" remembrance, and a "memorial" of some kind will be in every neighborhood of every town.

U.S. Flags will be perpetually flown at 1/4 staff, and share the pole with BLM, LGTQ, and CHINA flags above the U.S. Flag.

We are headed in that direction RIGHT NOW.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   

OK, I'm gay so that's kind of a "queer" global community for me (oh and many memorials we should have in SA).
No doubt the "queers" were targeted as a community as a hate crime.
But yeah sure, other shootings should have memorials too.
Not saying only us.
Sadly, it's not an exclusivity contest - local communities must decide.
I happen to support this one, for what it's worth.

edit on 12-6-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlankUsername

It should not be a national memorial, so we should do national memorials anywhere people die? Should there be a national memorial in Vegas where all those people were killed ? Should all of Chicago be a national memorial because more people get killed there every week then how many were killed at pulse? Should any of the schools that have shootings be made national memorials? What constitutes when something should be a national memorial?

easy question to answer. when it fits with and helps their agendas. and they can use this for several of their agendas. black criminal gangs killing in Chicago? doesn't really help. far too easy for people to realize it's criminals using illegal guns for the most part. and while schools would give them some momentum, "save the children", that really hasn't helped them. and is only really one agenda it works for. but pulse? just look at all the agendas it can help with. their lgbt etc agenda they are pushing. their racism agenda, because it was apparently a special night for one of their racist groupings they love to use to create racism and division. of course a gun was used. so that helps their anti gun agenda. and the can even frame it as a right wing extremist. which of course helps their agenda of labeling everyone who doesn't buy into their crap as a likely right wing extremist. there are jut so many ways this one incident can help further their agendas.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Unrelated question but since you used the word queer I have a question about it, how come if someone were to call a gay person queer in the past that was offensive but now it is ok to use the word queer?

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   

As far I understand it (and I'm also just a little fishy in a big LBTQI+ sea) "queer" was once pejorative, but is now a means of self-identification.

Essentially it means that you're kind of bisexual, but mainly gay, and you have a political awareness about this.

You know, I'm not just getting off, I'm all snooty and making the revolution.

Although many allies of queer people do use the term ironically, it hasn't really lost its insulting potential either.

Thus you can be straight and use the term "queer" (depending which queers you're with), but in public it could still be an insult.
So my advice is - don't.

Not everyone's a reconstructed post-modernist, my dear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join