It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UEFA Questions From A Noob

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ok, from a punk/sharp skin from upstate ny...

I just got into soccer(footbal) when the US Women's team won their last World Cup. I was very impreesed by the skill and sportsmanship i saw from all the teams...i did root for the US of course. So i decided to give Premiere League a try...tuned into a random match. Thses guys came into the stadium with bubbles in the air, dressed sharply in blue and claret, with most of the stadium singing a song. I was hooked.

WEST HAM UNITED!

So at the end of this record breaking season, they qualify for European League. Is that UEFA? How does it work? How did they qualify? What rules are different?

I know these questions may sound ignorant to many, but i do want to learn.

Aside...if any East London punk girl wants to fly a yank across the pond and take him to his first Irons game at London Sradium, PM me.....🤣
edit on 12-6-2021 by theatreboy because: I can't spell.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I wouldn't say it's "complicated" to write here how Premiere League teams qualify for UEFA, but it also is...

Here's a breakdown .

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
UEFA is just the association / club that unites European football clubs under one roof. It's United European Football Association. The UEFA is holding different leagues with different qualifications.

So there's no "UEFA" as in a single league, but normally it's the UEFa champions league that is reffered to when someone tells you their team made it to "UEFA".

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Europa league explained:

bleacherreport.com...

Glasgow Rangers fan myself although less and less interested in football as the years go on i still watch some games with family etc. My little lad loves going to Ibrox, very few places in the world that generate such a good atmosphere or give you that feeling of community.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

So at the end of this record breaking season, they qualify for European League. Is that UEFA? How does it work? How did they qualify? What rules are different?

They qualified for the Europa League due to their finishing position in the Premier league , the Europa League brings them more money through participation and broadcasting revenue and another chance to win a trophy.

Good news for West Ham is David Moyes has agreed a new contract.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: Atsbhct

Glasgow Rangers fan myself.

I knew you weren't all bad.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I'm a Liverpool fan, but in reality, I'm a Jurgen Klopp fan. I can't wait to get a chance to get back to England and watch a game and get all caught up in singing You'll Never Walk Alone with everyone else.

We have a small start up league where I am, the "Canadian Premiere League", and the Halifax Wanderers are our team. It's fun to cheer for them, but being a fan of the big leagies, the play isn't quite as exciting. Not yet anyways.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

First off... well done for choosing West Ham!

Very good Season last Season considering where they were the previous 2 and where they've been for many years actually... battling against relegation.

Moyes has turned it around and hopefully West Ham can go far in the Europa league, however they will need to get some players in, in order to compete in the Premier League again, otherwise it could be a nervy relegation battle again coz of all the games they will need to play.

Anyways, top 6 finish usually brings European football... possibly 7th, depends on other cup competitions.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Are you asking because you're interested in the European Cup Finals?

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Man U fan here...finally getting our club sorted again after a few poor seasons. See you guy in Europe!

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 01:11 AM
link   
And here I was thinking this was about my favorite sport :
RUGBY

Outta here.

top topics

join