It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those That Doubted The Jonah Story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Man swallowed whole by a humpback whale

That's right a man was just swallowed whole by a wale and lived to tell about it because the whale spit him out.

Jonah 1:17 & Jonah 2:10

Yahweh prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah, and Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights......
Yahweh spoke to the fish, and it vomited out Jonah on the dry land.

edit on 12-6-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
That guy will never have to pay for another beer for the rest of his life!

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Maybe it was real but without scuba gear what would you breath for 3 days and nights?

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

For Those That Doubted The Jonah Story

That Jonah was said to have been swallowed by a whale is not the unbelievable part of the story.

That guy will never have to pay for another beer for the rest of his life!

I'd buy him a beer to hear the story firsthand.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Nah, everyone knows Jonah’s ‘whale’ was really a USO.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

"USO"

Unidentified Submergible Object?

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Nah, everyone knows Jonah’s ‘whale’ was really a USO.

I thought it was his wife.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: KKLOCO

"USO"

Unidentified Submergible Object?

Winner winner chicken dinner.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Still don't believe the jonah story

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well that is a whale of a tale.

And this is a tail of a whale.

Yet the OP video does not prove anything about how a human can be swallowed by a humpback whale. A better explanation is that the whale got something in its mouth it didn’t like and spat it out. It just happened to be a diver that got cought this time.

I don’t think a humpback whale could even swollow anything as big as a human because it is a filter feeder. It uses baleen to filter out small fish and plankton from the water to eat. Gulp in food and water, squeeze out the water, then swollow what is still in its mouth.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I wouldn't even go back to work after his encounter with that whale.

I bet that whale won't ever try to eat a human again, the whale is now only eating organically grown food. That food grown on junk food tastes terrible.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just for context

What do humpback whales eat?
Like many other large whales, the prey of humpback whales are microscopic compared to their own bulking mass. Feasting on plankton, tiny crustaceans like krill and other small schooling fish, they gulp enormous mouthfuls of their prey and seawater. Using their baleen plates, they then filter out the water. As you can imagine, due to their size humpback whales need to eat a lot of prey to survive. In fact, an adult humpback whale can consume up to 1360kg of food each day.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Happened before,except it was intentional by a sperm whale.Whalers boat was capsized and one of the crew was swallowed.The whale was killed and cut open.The guy was alive but skin bleached by stomach acid and was insane.Dont recall if the story told if he regained sanity or how long he lived.Guess anyone would have went crazy after a experience like that.This guy was lucky it was a humpback and spit him out.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Maybe it was real but without scuba gear what would you breath for 3 days and nights?

So what you're saying here is, man made technology was the true savior of this unfortunate soul? Not a relationship with Jesus or any other god? He survived because we are clever apes and designed competent scuba equipment? Interesting.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Actually that is part of the unbelievable part. Baleen whales like humpbacks are supposed to have throats too small to pose a serious threat to large prey like humans. I think the Blue Whale has a throat no bigger than a grape fruit if I recall correctly.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Jonah is OT, not NT. There was no Jesus to have a relationship with at that point. It would be faith in God.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   

20 seconds isn't exactly 3 days.

So Nineveh was not destroyed in 612 B.C. ?

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

20 seconds isn't exactly 3 days.

So Nineveh was not destroyed in 612 B.C. ?

That specific generation with it's monarch repented and was saved, but their descendants slipped back into the old ways and so yes Nineveh got wiped out later on.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Actually that is part of the unbelievable part. Baleen whales like humpbacks are supposed to have throats too small to pose a serious threat to large prey like humans. I think the Blue Whale has a throat no bigger than a grape fruit if I recall correctly.

I try to learn something new every day. You just made my quota and did it with finesse.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I am a serious animal junkie (playing Planet Zoo on PC atm), and that is one of the cooler little factoids about the great whales.

I used to live for Thursday night on PBS when they used to show nature documentaries for 3 hours straight as a kid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join