It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euro Championships : Denmark's Christian Eriksen collapsed on pitch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The game between Denmark and Finland has been brought to a halt after Christian Eriksen collapsed on pitch , medical teams have been giving treatment and a screen has been erected , TV coverage has now been ended , I fear the worst.

After watching Wales scrape a draw against Switzerland I was looking forward to this clash but now my only thought are with Christian Eriksen and his family.

Christian Eriksen has collapsed on the pitch during Denmark’s Euro 2020 match against Finland.

The Inter Milan midfielder stumbled forward in the 43rd minute and then fell to the turf as Thomas Delaney looked to throw the ball towards him to restart play.

English referee Anthony Taylor, alongside Danish players Delaney and Martin Braithwaite, among others, immediately waived towards the medical team to rush onto the pitch to assist the 29-year-old.
www.independent.co.uk...

Very sad.
edit on 12-6-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yeah, caught it, least on the positive side he collapsed in the right place, he wouldn't have got the quick treatment otherwise

There's also a picture flying about on Twitter which shows he did regain consciousness, although it's not conclusive what condition he's in.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Some good news posted 2min ago. He has been stabilized however no update on exactly what afflicted him.

UEFA Twitter

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The latest from UEFA.

Following the medical emergency involving Denmark’s player Christian Eriksen, a crisis meeting has taken place with both teams and match officials and further information will be communicated at 19:45 CET.

The player has been transferred to the hospital and has been stabilised.
twitter.com...

The word "stabilised" is encouraging.

ETA
According to BBC Christian Eriksen is awake and improving.

edit on 12-6-2021 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I wonder if his collapse could be Covid/vaccine related.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
very shocking to watch live. didn't look good at all for him. i felt sorry for his wife crying on the touchline

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

The fact they not only zoomed the cameras in on him while he was receiving CPR but also getting shots of this crying wife is quite disgusting. You would think they would have a little common decency in a time like that not to expose his wife and what could have quite possibly been his death on international TV.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Who knows...they also play 3 games a week for quite a few months of the year so it could be related to being over stressed too.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
sky news reporting that eriksen is 'awake and will have further tests' - i am pleased and surprised

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Agreed.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

The fact they not only zoomed the cameras in on him while he was receiving CPR but also getting shots of this crying wife is quite disgusting. You would think they would have a little common decency in a time like that not to expose his wife and what could have quite possibly been his death on international TV.

Man, you should've been watching when Ayrton Senna died, thought the Eriksen live coverage was quite tame tbh, although appreciate how it could've shocked some.

Encouraging news on his condition though

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Not so much that its shocking as disrespectful. I remember seeing a compound fracture live on American Gladiator as a kid...that was pretty shocking with his leg bone sticking a full 6 inches out of his leg. Its more about showing respect in a time like that and not airing it as a spectacle for the world to watch...

Edit:
It should have been painfully obvious to the technical director and camera operators when the team had to try and form a screen around him.
edit on 12-6-2021 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
On a subsidiary issue, I'm also shocked that the Independent doesn't know the difference between "waved" and "waived".

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Denmark vs Finland will resume at 7.30 UK.

Following the request made by players of both teams, UEFA has agreed to restart the match between Denmark and Finland tonight at 20:30 CET (TBC).

The last four minutes of the first half will be played, there will then be a 5-minute half-time break followed by the second half.
twitter.com...

edit on 12-6-2021 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Not everything is covid related. It has been couple of weeks hot in Scandinavia and as a ex soccer player i remember what it is like to be on stadium playing soccer in hot weather.. it is really afwul no shades around and you run a lot.
It might be hot weather not enough hydrated or overhydration which both can cause heart failure.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Game continues in 20 minutes as both teams wish to continue. Eriksen is awake in hospital.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

oh u beat me

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
he was fully vaxxed. im sure this is because of it. This is just the start people, i bet we see a lot more of this type of thing happening over the next 18 months.
It's terrible that this has happened and hope he recovers but this is exactly what we have been warning about.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Oh dear... fainting on soccer field is not unusual, happens time to time, trust me it also happened prior vaccinations.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

They had to give him CPR and shocks pitch side ,he didn't faint.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join