It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Termination Event

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Yeah, lets make the world get dependent on electric cars with no way to charge them or solar panels with micro electronics in them that can burn out easily. Remember all the coal fired plants they tore down, they could probably weather a solar storm better than a solar grid system could. The new gas fired plants and electronic meters have so much electronics they will burn out with a little surge shutting everything down. I think I will boost my gas store up to thirty gallons in rotation and maybe I will once again expand the garden. Thirty gallons of gas will keep my freezers cold for about two months. In the winter I can put the freezers out in the garage with the windows open and stuff will stay frozen. You only have to keep the freezer on for an hour every twenty four hours to keep them froze solid if it is in a cold area, my freezers all can be brought into areas that are above five degrees and will still work, they were more expensive freezers for cold location use. Done that before during outages, that little generator will do two freezers at a time. It takes about a half gallon of gas a day. If it is really cold in the room, I only need to run them once every other day or maybe not at all if the temp is below five degrees F.

I don't think that we will have a major event, but I can forsee we could have two week long events. I guess I should get another three singles of wood cut and maybe order maybe five face chords for the following year.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   
"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."

From "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: enament

*Looks both ways*

I’ll be back!

(I am late! But it is both relevant and funny!! I hope…)

ETA: After my dumb@as comments, this is an “let’s keep our eyes on this”. Makes me wonder why that observatory shut down!! How do people know what the future state of something like the son will be in three- four- years??
edit on 11-6-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: I need to respond to the thread at some point

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Electronic devices are not affected by geomagnetic storms unless they happen to be plugged into the power grid.

If they are plugged in behind a very good surge protector, they have a better chance of surviving.

Look for a 1000+ joules rated surge protector or a Hospital-Grade 6-Outlet Surge Protector,

the best i have found.
www.tripplite.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   

"I almost look forward to a Carrington Event, the reason why I say this is because technology is no longer benefiting man-unkind its now destroying us as it begins to enslave us."

It all started with the TV remote. The moment man became too lazy to get off the couch and walk across the living room to change the channel was the beginning of the fall of mankind.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
If we even have a name for it, The Termination Event, why aren't we taking immediate steps to prepare for the next time Sol sends a nasty wet belch our way?

At minimum, the large generators and transformers need to be protected; the stuff that takes years to replace in good times much less after a global disaster. Mainline breakers and current arresters need to be everywhere if they aren't in place already.

We know what can happen, and it's quite madness to NOT be ready. For the trillions our dear leaders have thrown at the economy (and still want to throw), surely there's room for some fuses and grounding wire.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   

"Could this wind up causing another Carrington Event"

No, you've just pulled that out of your ass because of the words "Termination Event".

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

I bet I spend more time studying the sun than you do. The Carington event happened and its long over due to happen again in case you didn't know and it doesn't take a genius to figure out its possible the Terminaion event could be very well the trigger for it to happen again. It was nothing more than speculation but a smart person would realize that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join