It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter explodes at CNN's Jeffrey Toobin comeback following Zoom masturbation scandal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

originally posted by: Tundra
If you count cnn as politics, I think you need help.

My mistake, this forum being The Political Mud Pit I just assumed the threads had a political angle. I’d thought CNN = Left and posts here have lampooned Toobin’s non-sacking as being by left wing CNN. I’m in the U.K. so forgive me if I got this wrong. Is this not not the case? Honest question from overseas.

Hahaaa! I'll give you that one!
I didn't realize this is the pit. I have a habit of not reading the handles (until) and categories of threads. I answer accordingly.

And I will give you this as well, I forgive you, you have it right, cnn = "left" big time. All of the 24 hour "news" networks have become political platforms and they are designed to divide. It has worked wonders in the U.S. Im sure the bbc has your best interest in mind.

Back to the matter at hand, no pun intended. I think there is an issue with someone with no self control. Wait until the end of the meeting. If this was a "right-winger," it would be world wide and people would be calling for blood.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Just going to throw this out there....

But if you ever find yourself defending masturbation in public, you might be on the wrong end of the arguement...

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   

If you count cnn as politics, I think you need help.

My mistake, this forum being The Political Mud Pit I just assumed the threads had a political angle. I’d thought CNN = Left and posts here have lampooned Toobin’s non-sacking as being by left wing CNN. I’m in the U.K. so forgive me if I got this wrong. Is this not not the case? Honest question from overseas.

Hahaaa! I'll give you that one!
I didn't realize this is the pit. I have a habit of not reading the handles (until) and categories of threads. I answer accordingly.

And I will give you this as well, I forgive you, you have it right, cnn = "left" big time. All of the 24 hour "news" networks have become political platforms and they are designed to divide. It has worked wonders in the U.S. Im sure the bbc has your best interest in mind.

Back to the matter at hand, no pun intended. I think there is an issue with someone with no self control. Wait until the end of the meeting. If this was a "right-winger," it would be world wide and people would be calling for blood.

Thanks, I appreciate the fair minded response.

Indeed, the press and media are just as politically bias in the U.K. The BBC used to be an impartial institution. But since it fell foul of Blair’s government over the WMDs in Iraq lies in his fabricated dossier the beeb have been under constant threat of having their public funding removed. Henceforth they’ve been the mouth piece of the government de jour - now resembling more Orwell’s ministry of truth than the jewel in our ‘democracy’ it once was

I digress… The matter at hand. It’s the calls for blood on Twitter and some posts here that disturb me. By submitting to this popularism it feeds that tyrannical platform. So I’m pleased CNN, whatever their motive, are not complying with the vocal minority. I’m sure as you say if it were a right winger twitter’s witchfinder generals would be even more vocal and when that happens I hope the corp or institution under attack also give that horde the finger and show common sense and moderation.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

If that’s directed at me, then please read my posts. At no point have defended that. I’ve said repeatedly that doing it in the privacy of their own home under the assumption they can’t be seen is significantly different.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
is this why biden isnt allowed to do interviews, perhaps???a reply to: Vasa Croe

edit on 12-6-2021 by cappie because: first timer, having issues,....thats all, cannot get my text to size 4

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

Good advice!

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
CNN is very sad. They made a big mistake. a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I digress… The matter at hand. It’s the calls for blood on Twitter and some posts here that disturb me. By submitting to this popularism it feeds that tyrannical platform. So I’m pleased CNN, whatever their motive, are not complying with the vocal minority.....

Personally, I think this is something we never should have even heard about in the first place. If it wasn't for people crying about it now, I would have never knew it happened, and I would have been perfectly fine with that.

I think the whole idea of 'privacy' is practically extinct in this day and age. Or at least damn near extinction.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

That’s a good angle! Why do we need to know this?

I wonder, if Twitter were anonymous would people like McCain bother to tweet about this, or about anything at all?

Social media is more about people selling their own brand to the world, than it is about the the people or principles that have triggered them.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I knew nothing of this story so I just looked it up and found this statement:

"According to two sources, Toobin was seen masturbating during what was supposed to be a 10-minute "strategy session" among the various role-playing groups. However, the sources told Vice that it "seemed like Toobin was on a second video call.

The sources said that when the groups returned from their breakout rooms, Toobin lowered the camera," Vice reported. "The people on the call said they could see Toobin touching his penis. Toobin then left the call. Moments later, he called back in, seemingly unaware of what his colleagues had been able to see, and the simulation continued."

(My emphasis)

So he’s having fun with someone else on zoom or whatever, thinking he was muted on the work call… Sounds like the guy made a pretty embarrassing mistake and as such any witch-hunt, or cancel culture bandits jumping on his re-hiring seems unwarranted to me. If he didn’t intend to do this then give him a break, I say and I applaud CNN for not relenting to this sick cancel culture.

And for those saying it’d be different if it was a woman. Yeah, it would - she’d be on talk shows to tell her story of how the misogynistic workplace pressured her into doing it and everything women do that might be interpreted as wrong is is because Men, of course. Before long there’d be an HBO movie about her struggle against the evil men.

If what I quoted above is true I feel bad for the poor sucker, it’s embarrassing but that’s all and the bitter cancel vampire can put their fangs away.

Are you an idiot? People actually defending this....... Jesus H. Christ.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: cd5love96

I knew nothing of this story so I just looked it up and found this statement:

"According to two sources, Toobin was seen masturbating during what was supposed to be a 10-minute "strategy session" among the various role-playing groups. However, the sources told Vice that it "seemed like Toobin was on a second video call.

The sources said that when the groups returned from their breakout rooms, Toobin lowered the camera," Vice reported. "The people on the call said they could see Toobin touching his penis. Toobin then left the call. Moments later, he called back in, seemingly unaware of what his colleagues had been able to see, and the simulation continued."

(My emphasis)

So he’s having fun with someone else on zoom or whatever, thinking he was muted on the work call… Sounds like the guy made a pretty embarrassing mistake and as such any witch-hunt, or cancel culture bandits jumping on his re-hiring seems unwarranted to me. If he didn’t intend to do this then give him a break, I say and I applaud CNN for not relenting to this sick cancel culture.

And for those saying it’d be different if it was a woman. Yeah, it would - she’d be on talk shows to tell her story of how the misogynistic workplace pressured her into doing it and everything women do that might be interpreted as wrong is is because Men, of course. Before long there’d be an HBO movie about her struggle against the evil men.

If what I quoted above is true I feel bad for the poor sucker, it’s embarrassing but that’s all and the bitter cancel vampire can put their fangs away.

Are you an idiot? People actually defending this....... Jesus H. Christ.

Jesus would!

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: cd5love96

Tell me, oh wise one, what is it I’m defending?

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

a reply to: CrawlingChaos

If that’s directed at me, then please read my posts. At no point have defended that. I’ve said repeatedly that doing it in the privacy of their own home under the assumption they can’t be seen is significantly different.

Youre in a meeting, with co-workers. Where and what you think doesnt matter. Its disgusting, its rather socially deviant, and extremly disrepectful. Not to mention, how can you possibly be paying attention and participating if youre jerking your chicken while it occurs.

Also, it was to anyone defending public masturbation. If you feel that applies to you, then maybe you are /shrug.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The optics are not good on this...again!!

Pretty pathetic.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty
Husband works for a German company. You better believe they'd fire him for this.

There is a real difference between private work on your own and a group meeting where others are present if only remotely.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No doubt! It’s not something I’d personally choose to do as I suck at multi tasking, so it wouldn’t give me any pleasure. I guess he, or the person he was having virtual fun with got a thrill out of it - maybe the danger of being caught. I once knew a girl that often wanted to get frisky in inappropriate situations; when I’d play along it was nerve racking, but a lot of fun. Would I have let her talk me into having fun with her while a zoom meeting was on mute? I’d like to think not, but she could be very persuasive and whenever it did concede I was always happy I did. I wouldn’t change any of the crazy things we did.

Now I don’t know the details of the toobin encounter so I’m not defending or condemning him. I not a fan of the puritanical tone and partisan schadenfreude. There’s a world of difference between something that’s intentional and something that’s accidental.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos it was to anyone defending public masturbation. If you feel that applies to you, then maybe you are /shrug.

Thanks for clarifying! Certainly wasn’t defending people intentionally jerking in public. Just saying there’s a difference between that and someone doing it in private, unaware they could be seen. The ethics of multi tasking in this way was also not something I attempting to define. Apologies for being triggered - you were obviously directing that post at other people rather than me

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join