It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trueman got NMN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Researching, researching and researching all the time and looking for any new weapons against my several health conditions. I don't rely in doctors 100%, and now less than ever.

A week ago I had a conversation with an old friend and he told me about a supplement. I went online and researched it. So expensive, I can't afford it. So I checked what ingredients it has. That thing has like 5 vitamins plus minerals. I already have most of them separately.

But there was one ingredient that I not even knew exists. They call it NMN - NAD+ Support, I guess because is very difficult to pronounce the whole name, "Nicotinamide Mononucleotide".

Nicotinamide mononucleotide ("NMN" and "β-NMN") is a nucleotide derived from ribose and nicotinamide.[1] Like nicotinamide riboside, NMN is a derivative of niacin, and humans have enzymes that can use NMN to generate nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NADH).[1] In mice, NMN enters cells via the small intestines within 10 minutes converting to NAD+ through the Slc12a8 NMN transporter.[2]

NAD+, or nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, is a critical coenzyme found in every cell in your body, and it’s involved in hundreds of metabolic processes. But NAD+ levels decline with age.

I'm sure we have gurus in this matter who can explain better what it is and how it works. This thing is incredibly fast, I read comments from other people saying that too. It starts working since the first day.

According with my research, it restores your DNA, helps to lose weight, increase your energy and some other stuff. I'm sleeping better and my body aches are way less now. Just 2 days taking it. I wake up about midnight, one single capsule (500mg) with water and back to bed.

I won't tell you what brand I bought, but I want to share this information with all of your my good friends.

www.elysiumhealth.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-6-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

The first link is literally an ad to buy pills and from what i can tell reading the second link, and from info here(pdf) taking niacin and vitamin B3 should be sufficient at boosting NAD+ levels. According to the wiki article you linked, NMN needs to be converted to NR before your body can absorb it anyway.

www.lifespan.io...

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I forgot to make clear, the one I'm taking is not the one my friend told me. It's affordable and there are several brands of NMN you can buy online. The one I bought is less than 30 bucks for 60 capsules.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

The first link is literally an ad to buy pills and from what i can tell reading the second link, and from info here(pdf) taking niacin and vitamin B3 should be sufficient at boosting NAD+ levels. According to the wiki article you linked, NMN needs to be converted to NR before your body can absorb it anyway.

www.lifespan.io...

Sorry if those links are not too informative. Just google it and I'm sure you'll find all the information you may need.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have read about that form of supplement but have not tried it yet. I do take nicotinamide in my B complex, but not that version. I also have Nicotinic acid supplements that can have some specialized actions. This type of niacin is most likely an animal derived form of niacine, the ide at the end usually indicates that. If it helps you it probably means that you are deficient in an enzyme to make this out of other niacin chemistries. We can make that usually, but some food chemistries deactivate special enzymes needed to produce specific forms of enzymes.

If you are blocked out of producing a B3 vitamin, sometimes a large dose can kickstart that metabolism and things work properly. Some of the metabolics we make to convert niacine compounds to an active form don't do well if you are severely deficient. I did a fairly good size dose of niacin for a few weeks and it did restore the ability to take niacin compounds out of plant based nicotinic acid sources....which caused me to go a little too high in niacin for a while till I saw how the change changed things. Got the Niacin flush for that five days quite often...still here though.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
... taking niacin and vitamin B3 should be sufficient at boosting NAD+ levels.

Correct, except, B3 is niacin.

So, just taking Niacin will work wonders. But you have to take enough, and many people don't because they're afraid of/dislike the 'flushing' effect. The problem is, the flushing effect is part and parcel of the benefits of niacin. I actually like it.

I generally take 4 or 5 500mg caps per day (spaced out every few hours).
edit on 13-7-2021 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join