It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inflation 5% in May, most since 2008

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Sure it is, tell me how you can not include two of the biggest expenditures for people in inflation? They take those out so you don't see how high inflation really is

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You can't dump trillions into any economy and not see inflation.

Our country should have never shut down.

We should have used common sense, protect the elderly and susceptible and gotten on with our lives.

But politicians of all stripes saw this as an opportunity to grow government, increase their power and control.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: HONROC
a reply to: ScepticScot

Sure it is, tell me how you can not include two of the biggest expenditures for people in inflation? They take those out so you don't see how high inflation really is

Because they don't not include those things. They are components of CPI, the main measure of inflation.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
You can't dump trillions into any economy and not see inflation.

Our country should have never shut down.

We should have used common sense, protect the elderly and susceptible and gotten on with our lives.

But politicians of all stripes saw this as an opportunity to grow government, increase their power and control.

Someone posted a pretty good post the other day, had something to do with the recent gov repos. There was a good link as well. I’m no means an economist but reading between the lines I’m a bit concerned for what the not so far future holds.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Oh we're well and truely f#cked.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Neither has he. His words are based on a different type of gas, as in he's talking out his ass to get a rise.

Right.

It was in the $1.80's in March of last year and was in the $1.50's in April and May a couple towns over from me.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Fact its we got paid for more for our oil than we pay for what we import...

That's nice.

Let me know what happens if we stop importing Saudi light crude being that you think we're 'oil independent' like the other poster.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Don't see why anyone is surprized, we all said this would happen but 937 trillion people voted in the mostest fairest, awesome election ever in the galaxy.

Think this number is exaggerated? It's not when you count
every dead person who ever lived.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I stand corrected...

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   
BiDen administration: failure.

Makes President Trump’s administration look pretty golden huh?

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   

We don't refine a lot of light oil my dude we sell it and refine heavy oil we retooled our refineries under trump actually...your link even says that.

Edit: 7% of our oil comes from SA...
Just stop...
edit on 10-6-2021 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2021 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I stand corrected...

Believe me, it was a short lived anomaly. It's 3 something now.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Edit: 7% of our oil comes from SA...

Exactly. Which means we are DEPENDENT on someone else's oil.

See how that worked?

When it's zero then we can talk.

edit on 11-6-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   

The US can go full isolationist. It would be very rough transitioning. Gas may even be $10-$15 a gallon for a bit until we got our “sea legs” but the US is still the only country that can go full isolation.

The absolute worst part of the transition would be textiles. I don’t know of any industrial level looms in the US making and dying fabric of any sort. So you might need to be happy with the clothes on your back for a few years. But think of the small business opportunities for tailors and seamstresses once we start making and selling fabric again.

Quality furniture instead of flat pack IKEA crap?

Might even have local “manufacturers” making products to sell exclusively in a local “general mercantile” store...making the economy local unless you make the trip to buy...a handmade knife or a whistling elm fishing pole?

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

The US can go full isolationist. It would be very rough transitioning. Gas may even be $10-$15 a gallon for a bit until we got our “sea legs” but the US is still the only country that can go full isolation.

The absolute worst part of the transition would be textiles. I don’t know of any industrial level looms in the US making and dying fabric of any sort. So you might need to be happy with the clothes on your back for a few years. But think of the small business opportunities for tailors and seamstresses once we start making and selling fabric again.

Quality furniture instead of flat pack IKEA crap?

Might even have local “manufacturers” making products to sell exclusively in a local “general mercantile” store...making the economy local unless you make the trip to buy...a handmade knife or a whistling elm fishing pole?

The US could go full isolationist and is one of possibly the only country that could do so.

It would however be much much poorer by doing so.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I have no issue with Made in USA products, I make a very conscious effort to not purchasing anything from China but in some cases you have no options. Most of what I have is American or European made products.

The issue with gas, which you obviously seem to get, is that we don't have the refining capacity or capability to process all the crude we produce nor do I think we ever will due to politics.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
a reply to: wheresthebody

They are pushing their great reset hard.

But this is Biden’s Mis-management here.

He just canceled trumps orders keeping insulin and bee-sting epi injections low so those prices are/will skyrocket too.

The idiot cancelled ALL of Trumps orders out of spite.

Even the ones that helped people and were good.

That is how much Democrats hate/loathe/ not only Trump
but despise each and every person who voted for him -
and don't even give a rats behind about the people who voted for them -
just spite and revenge for the elite Democratic Party politicians
Cancelling keeping critical drug prices low proves it!

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
NY Post

Inflation continued to surge in May, with consumer prices accelerating at the fastest pace in more than 12 years as the economy emerges from the pandemic, the feds said Thursday. The Labor Department’s Consumer Price Index, which measures a basket of goods and services as well as energy and food costs, jumped 5 percent in May from a year earlier.

I don’t know how they get these numbers but it seems low to me.

Gas is up 1-2$ per gallon from a year ago.

Lumber has skyrocketed.

Beef is unmentionably high.

Guess money printer Go brrrrrrrr Joe Biden is not to blame though. I’m sure the MSM will be pointing out how it’s all orange man bad’s fault.

Marxist policies always cause the value of the currency to crash. But at least there was no tax on the poor!!!

All you that voted for this crap, I hope your happy.

No more mean tweets is worth this, right???

Im no fan of Biden , but Trump wanted to give even more stimulus ( for votes ) than what Biden did first round . We are in WW3 as we speak

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Petroleum...nope. Cant drill and can’t refine according to one side of the aisle. Can’t expand or do it cheaper by the other side. Can’t go full alternative because then they can’t pick winners and losers as easily. 150 years later and it is still pretty much the same big oil companies with name changes, like BP instead of Standard Oil. Fun fact: Standard Oil of Ohio was called SOHIO and used the same logos as Standard, Bonded, Boron and one other company that I forget now...35 some years and that I never stopped at one tends to do that. And BP used to have a maple leaf.

Shopping local would really catch on because of the petroleum problem because no one is shipping the picked way too early California Strawberries from the Driscoll farm because despite how the stores promote it...there is not a Driscoll Strawberry as a type of strawberry. Kinda like a Delmonico Steak. Go watch Gunsmoke if you want to know where they come from.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join