It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Gohmert asks can we alter the orbit of the Earth and moon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Mr. Gohmert has served the people of Texas for over 15 years. Over and over he has been elected to serve in the US House of Representatives.

I"m at a loss here. Is this real, or is it deep fake?
Is he serious or is he just having us on.
If he is serious, well I just don't know. If he is having us on, it sure is a good one.
edit on 30America/ChicagoWed, 09 Jun 2021 21:16:30 -0500Wed, 09 Jun 2021 21:16:30 -050021062021-06-09T21:16:30-05:00900000016 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Let me call the Forest Service real quick and see if they can alter the orbit of the planet...

Edit: They need more rakes.
edit on 9-6-2021 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

He was obviously making a point and that is there is more to climate change than what we can do to alter its natural course. So he asked the sarcastic question basically of " can nasa and blm alter the orbit of the earth and moon " to make a point that there are thing that are beyond our control causing this.

link   

Superman did it in the 80's to save Lois, or spun the Earth in the other direction. Either way, this is as silly as wondering out loud if Guam can tip over.

Maybe with enough rockets pulling Earth the other way we could do it.

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Let me call the Forest Service real quick and see if they can alter the orbit of the planet...

Edit: They need more rakes.

Ahahahha, good one!

Wait, that's exactly what he asks in this video!

What the flying heck?

The Bureau of Land Management or the Forest Service?

WTF!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: HONROC

I sure hope you are right.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Thanks for clarifying that, I couldn't watch the video and OP didn't add much detail.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I sure hope you are right.

Damn.

You know he was right, brother. It's obvious.

2/10 weak troll attempt.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
His argument makes sense in context. I don't know if his opinion is correct that solar flares are a primary cause of climate change; but he believes it and so his argument makes sense. BLM can not change the orbit of the earth so it can not combat climate change according to Gohmert.

But this is a great example of news media sensationalizing the headline of a web article in order to harvest page impressions. Its crazy how the blogosfera has made traditional news media race it to the bottom so quickly.
edit on 9-6-2021 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The OP was however, supplied with a link for those who could not view the video.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
www.theguardian.com...

Mr. Gohmert has served the people of Texas for over 15 years. Over and over he has been elected to serve in the US House of Representatives.

I"m at a loss here. Is this real, or is it deep fake?
Is he serious or is he just having us on.
If he is serious, well I just don't know. If he is having us on, it sure is a good one.

It's called trolling....if you get it, you get it. If not...well.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   

it's called a joke...

he hits homers now and then, but with his low energy this attempt failed so miserably that some folks are questioning if he MEANT IT...

LMAO

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I can do it. Hold my beer and watch this.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   

It would tip Guam over if we did that.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Now, that would take some strange fruit to do something as catastrophic as that...

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have know Congressman Gohmert for over 30 years. Worked with him when he was a District Judge. He has one of the most finely honed smart asses of anyone I know. He’s mega-trolling this lady into admitting she’s helpless to effect the changing climate.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Exactly

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Now, that would take some strange fruit to do something as catastrophic as that...

You just need to switch very quickly between CERN and HAARP on full power for about twenty minutes.

Remember to cover the plate first to prevent splashes.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   
His words seem to have been taken out of context and used to mock him by people whom are obviously below his level of intelligence.

What he is talking about is the simple fact that Climate Change is not solely down to human activity, the sun goes through cycles and the earths orbit itself may be somewhat variable over great period of time.

The sun itself goes through hot and cold cycles as the sun is a slightly variable G2 mid sequence (half way through it's projected life span so it is approaching middle age fast) star also known as a yellow dwarf.

The sun is also getting steadily hotter though those cold and warm cycles are still present and the rate of temperature increase is so slow humans would not notice it even if we lived for millions of years.

The earth itself outputs MORE CO2 than all human activity and in fact CO2 is not and never has been the problem as long as we have healthy sea's and healthy forests that are not being over harvested or having fertilizers and pesticides washed into them killing off the microbial life that is so essential to all life on earth.

The man made a point and his point has been turned around to make a mockery of him, it was a comparison about how these organizations are powerless, NASA can not as best we know - yet - alter the orbit of the earth or the moon in any way detectable BUT if someone is sitting on anti gravity and gravity screening technology then in fact THEY whom are sitting on that technology are sitting on the very mean's by which we COULD.

IF that technology is even possible there may be rogue planets in the universe warmed by artificial means and travelling like giant space craft between galaxy's or moving to orbit small but almost deathless (Because they can live thousands or even millions of times longer than our sun will) red dwarfs, while far smaller than our sun with the mean's to protect against the increase in other forms of radiation from them they do still have a goldilocks' zone in which a planet could receive enough warmth to allow liquid water and be cool enough not to bake to death, who knows some of these long lived small stars may even have Dyson spheres around them and any civilization that reaches that level of science probably COULD move planets since in fact there constructions would be far larger than the world that once gave birth to there distant ancestors.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So the orbit of the earth and moon is changing according to nasa?
Is this the reason for the 2 year clown show the govs have been putting on?
Massively underrated and scary af op
S&F
Nice

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join