It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First 2 B-21's Complete

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

It was launched from an F-15. They got as far as shooting down a defunct US satellite, then congress declared it a violation of the weapons in space treaty and killed it.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sounds like it could be a useful tool, is there any video of it doing that or is it all still classified? I’d love to see that.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   

There are pictures of it mounted on the aircraft, and one of it as it launched, but I've never seen video.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for posting that, that’s awesome, now I want one.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Got to love the F-15, just makes a driveway sexy....

And because she could break the sound barrier in the vertical, a perfect platform for an ASAT missile. IIRC the "Streak Eagle" still holds the world record in time to climb.

Sorry for the derail, until they roll the Raider out I gots nothing to contribute towards it. I suppose one by one the B-2s will be decommissioned like the battleships and SR-71`s of yesterday.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HONROC
a reply to: Tempter

I can't wait until our military rolls out the tic tac and says, "umm, yeah, it was ours all along"

twitter.com...

The short url is no longer valid. Here's the PDF if you're curious, titled: The CIA and the U-2 Program 1954-1974

"Aerial view of U.S. Air Force's 100-ton Northrop Flying Wing YB-49 jet bomber in flight. Northrop Aircraft Inc., Hawthorne, California."

Source & larger image: Flying Wing: 1948

As others have already said about the Aerodynamics, it's the technology INSIDE making a stealthy world of difference.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: HONROC

This is one of the few artist's renderings of the B-21 Raider:

edit on 1062021 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Speaking of taking down satellites,has anyone ever developed a laser capable of doing that,and could one be small enough to mount on a B21? reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: HONROC

Drastically?

Formula 1: Front wing, rear wing, centre seat, rear engine
Sedan: 4 doors, trunk, bonnet spare wheel in the trunk

if I could be bothered to post pictures, I would suggest the most drastic changes are beneath the skin, safety, crumple zones, chassis and suspension....

He a bit like the aircraft, main difference in the last 40 years is beneath the skin with some tweeting of aerodynamics.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner
Range would be too great for a Laser.B21 isnt really designed for super high flight.Get a Laser on a U2 it might be possible.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: HONROC
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Actually , if you look at the history of motorsports the cars have changed shape drastically, not sure what you are talking about

Nope. You missed the point.

F1 cars are developed in the civilian world and are updated every year with the latest tech.

The USAF are doing the exact same thing but unfortunately, aircraft take a lot longer to develop.

The basic concept of an F1 car has never really changed. Much like the flying wing.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

The Soviets had at least one laser capable of blinding satellites many years ago. You don't have to destroy them, just like other military systems, only remove their capabilities.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It really does amaze me every time a new F something or B something when your country is going tits up. The 2022 "defence" budget is running at $715 billion. Now what I'd like you to consider is what part of defence is this new aircraft gonna fit. IT AINT.
It's a BOMBER and that gentlemen is an OFFENSIVE weapon, now do a couple of backward somersaults and change that about. Now tell where are they gonna use it? Oh, to bomb other countries.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

There is also the concept of deterrence.

If you think someone is prepared to kick your ass, you are less likely to mess with them in the first place.

If you want to pick a fight with me, and I show you a pistol in my hand, even without using the pistol, you are less likely to continue picking a fight with me. Just having the pistol can stop a fight in its tracks.

I once stopped a potential fight just by reaching into my jacket. My adversary, knowing I was reaching for a firearm, immediately apologized and left. No fight ensued and I never actually had to draw my weapon. But by merely having that weapon, I was able to stop the situation and have everyone return to civilized behavior.

Walk softly, but carry a big stick. - Theodore Roosevelt.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Pretty much what I thought.A U2 or SR72 with a powerful laser wouldn't be a surprise if we could see a black projects lista reply to: Blackfinger

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join