It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soon, the UK will confirm that COVID-19 vaccines are either successful or an eternal hindrance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
After a crazy 16 months, in a few weeks the UK will finally confirm if vaccines WORK against a formidable variant. Since February 2020, I’ve been more confused than my user-name. My initial thoughts were “**** it, let the virus cascade across the UK without lockdowns whilst protecting the vulnerable” - a thought mirrored by our own brain-fuddled Prime Minister, which should have been an alarm call for me!

The starched expression of the science expert stood beside him is a classic moment. We know what transpired next, just as we’re aware of the catastrophe inflicted by our own Kent variant across the world in January/February/March this year. There was no way we could ever expect the vulnerable and associated care staff to shield successfully, especially not with Government advice allowing Covid hospital patients to enter care homes without a speck of thought.

Nevertheless, we were the first in the world to roll out the first vaccine (Pfizer) on 8th December 2020, despite the global bemusement at our perceived ‘rush’ to be Number One in that regard. Ironically, by March we had the dubious honour of being Number One for deaths-per-head-of-pop in the entire world. Some medical bods and MPs suspected that the vaccines themselves were actually the cause of the massive death toll, based on suspicions that the Kent variant defeated the vaccines and entered our bodies more ‘purely’. But that question was thrown out of Parliament. After all, Astra Zeneca, which began rolling out in January 2021, was partially BRITISH, so how could it possibly fail, right? (1783 may answer that question for American readers).

So, we gave the Kent variant to the world, but now, as the UK finds itself waking up from the ‘holiday’ period between that wave and the start of a massive Indian/Delta wave which is spreading across the UK at an incredible rate, we also find ourselves the centre of attention (for anyone playing attention). We have the most compliant population on the planet when it comes to unapproved vaccines; we have opened up considerably from lockdown since 17th May; and we also have another dubious honour of being the country most infected with the Indian/Delta variant (thanks to a broken government allowing copious visitors from India until recently, despite the loud warning signs… yet again).

The UK finds itself with a massive increase in infections today (7500+... which is 37500+ in USA 'money'), more than double the figure 7 days ago. Deaths remain low at present, but they will increase due to the lag between infections and hospitalisation. However, hospitalisations have jumped upwards, prompting a huge question not addressed by the media - could high hospitalisations and FEWER deaths (potentially due to the vaccines) during a massive wave actually cause our hospitals to completely collapse compared to January? If patients fester in their beds rather than regularly bowing out into their respective Undiscovered Countries in ‘convenient’ numbers, how will our nurses and doctors cope?

And will the vaccines prove effective against this variant in any case? We will know the answer in about three weeks. Hell, the UK will provide everything we (as in the world) need to know regarding vaccine efficacy. Countries such as Chile, Peru and Israel have provided hints - the two former countries seem to point to vaccine ineffectiveness despite some UK commentators cheaply deriding them for either using the ‘wrong’ vaccine or desperately trying to prove that it’s their younger populations at fault. Meanwhile, Israel, which has successfully protected itself against variants, has provided reports indicating that Pfizer is weak against variants in clinical experiments. Naturally, the UK government ignored that and pointed at Qatar labs who provided the opposite conclusions.

But all that is p#ssing in the wind - NOW is the moment of truth. We shall see what happens in the UK as the delta variant swarms across the land from the North West.

Will the vaccines prove to be a valiant General Patton against the Delta variant... or a miserable Custer Of The West?

The clock is ticking...

edit on 9-6-2021 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Media stunt, they just want to confirm to the sheep that it works.

ETA: I do believe vaccines have a certain level of effectiveness and people that could die of the flu should get it.
edit on 9-6-2021 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I’m still confused….with a close to 99 percent survival rate….is a vaccine necessary for those that aren’t ‘vulnerable’??

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechnoAssassin1
I’m still confused….with a close to 99 percent survival rate….is a vaccine necessary for those that aren’t ‘vulnerable’??

Oh yes. Terribly necessary. The less vulnerable the more vaccines they should have.
Jolly good and all that gumpf cobber.
Tally ho, I see the new normal is just abaft the jack horner!

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   

More to the point, is an "unapproved" vaccine necessary, especially for those under 40? (Which does not involve AZ of course, since those pharma bozos finally admitted that the benefits do NOT outweigh the risks for that age group, at least in the UK.)

Speaking of which, Germany finally identified the root of the serious problem that is causing rare blood clots and deaths for those taking Astra Zeneca or J&J shots:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Many months far too late for those either still suffering or already six-feet-under. And that is the tragedy of Emergency rollouts in a nutshell, some 18 months before official approval.

Does anyone read the actual safety leaflets provided with each vaccine? Or their own government websites? The risks are set out in black and white - no need to read wacky conspiracy sites [sic] to make a reasoned decision amidst all the general panic and noise.

However, six months after the first ever jab, people like me who are hesitating/waiting (rather than refusing; taking the same precautions as last year until I DO take the jab), are considered to be prime Nutters and Anti-social.

With that kind of mindless, ludicrous sentiment pervading the UK, I can think of no better time than now to be ANTI-social.

Funny 'ole world, innit. Actually, strike that - it's a borderline paranoid/psychotic world.

Sutherlands are everywhere...

"BURN HIM!!! HE REFUSES TO COMPLY WITH UNAPPROVED SERUMS!!!!"

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax

Oh yes. Terribly necessary. The less vulnerable the more vaccines they should have.
Jolly good and all that gumpf cobber.
Tally ho, I see the new normal is just abaft the jack horner!

My boss asked me if I’d had the ‘shot’…..I said no not yet, I’ll wait to see if, in a couple of years I wake up one day and body parts are falling off people in the streets….i know I’ve made the right decision…he chuckled lol

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I made a chart from the official government data that is available here.

The title of the chart maybe a little long.

And as for the compliance you mention, well it's actually been one of the largest psyops ever undertaken.

Dystopian ‘unelected psychocrats’ have cynically manipulated the British people by weaponising fear to ensure compliance with lockdowns,

Stinky smelly fish source

Your government is now the actual enemy of the people ..... just sayin.

edit on 9 6 2021 by myselfaswell because: spelligh misstaken

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   
They always have been

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
But if you stand together, your A nutcase

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Even the most vulnerable have a 99+% chance with effective treatment (Ivermectib, high dose IV vitamin C, etc)...

So... no, no need for an untested gene therapy jab.
edit on 9-6-2021 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Honestly though Tanstaafl, how are they going to get out of the bottomless pit they've dug themselves? It's a question I've really been pondering the past few weeks after the "emails". A cornered animal is the most dangerous animal and you can tell the tension is riding extremely high right now. Even the shills on this site seem to be giving up, you'll get a couple sentences attacking the person or the source.

This Covid vaccine issue has even ripped my family in two so I've seen it first hand. It's a sad state of affairs.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well I've got the G7 in my part of town as of tomorrow.
Super spreader event incoming.
Should be fun. Let's hope sniffy Joe keeps his mask on.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
a reply to: tanstaafl

Honestly though Tanstaafl, how are they going to get out of the bottomless pit they've dug themselves? It's a question I've really been pondering the past few weeks after the "emails". A cornered animal is the most dangerous animal and you can tell the tension is riding extremely high right now. Even the shills on this site seem to be giving up, you'll get a couple sentences attacking the person or the source.

This Covid vaccine issue has even ripped my family in two so I've seen it first hand. It's a sad state of affairs.

I honestly don't know the answer to that.

But its the same as anything else really. I've never understood how people can be so blind. All of the so-called 'anti-cancer' non profits actually have a vested interest in NOT finding a cure for cancer. That is why there have literally been dozens of real, actual cures that have been suppressed by the med/pharm industrial complex (aided and abetted by their government regulatory agency partners in crime)... not one of them really actually wants to find a cure.

ETA: I feel for you... there are a lot of families in the same boat from both sides...
edit on 9-6-2021 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   

It sounds like you believe every little thing your government and media tell you.

You don’t see the millionth coincidence of your country about to be opened back up again in two weeks, but now there is yet another super scary super deadly strain headed your way?

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
You're a wee bit spiky these days, KG - hope you're okay. I'm bored stiff of ufology at present, so on with the Covid show...

originally posted by: KansasGirl

It sounds like you believe every little thing your government and media tell you.

I certainly do NOT, luv!

I started my OP off by stating the government began dealing with this whole pandemic in the worst way possible - which was in line with your POV about the best course of action early last year. I agreed with you back then, too, but I was wrong.

I disagreed vehemently with the lockdowns. I was wrong (at least as far as the UK is concerned; your State/mileage may vary).

I wholeheartedly disagreed with you about the vaccination rollout a few months ago. In fact, I was cheering them on, but I was wrong - at least on a personal level, since taking the jab is more of a personal choice that weighs up whether the benefits outweigh the risks of an unapproved vaccine, mRNA or otherwise. In that situation, I initially DID accept everything the government was telling me. I was wrong to do so, IMO. I'm content to take the jab when I'm confident about its safety and its interaction with potent variants; until then, I won't be putting myself or others at risk.

I have a best friend who went to hospital for a second time this week, seven weeks after suffering continuous debilitating side-effects from his Pfizer jab - he regrets ever going near them. Does his condition colour my opinion? Admittedly, it certainly doesn't help. He felt very alone in his worries due his 'misfortune' but there is a reliable, agenda-free forum online that allows thousands of fellow sufferers to share their experiences (both in the USA and UK):

vestibular.org...

Hopefully any ATS members who feel similarly 'ignored' can seek some solace there.

In any case, KG, what's important is what's actually happening on the ground...

You don’t see the millionth coincidence of your country about to be opened back up again in two weeks, but now there is yet another super scary super deadly strain headed your way?

So you're saying there isn't a new strain spreading like wildfire across the North West of England at the moment, causing hospitalisations to increase 7% day on day in the last week?

If you'd like to enlighten me as to WHAT is causing them, I'm all ears!

Sky News reported the huge spike in UK infections today in their Twitter feed:

twitter.com...

The replies are a carnival of horrors and blind ignorance as to how a pandemic works, despite 16 months of previous experience. But one reply stood out:

I know someone who caught covid last year, had both vaccinations then caught the delta variant and had it badly. It's not going away if we think we are already out of the water. Let's just hope it doesn't mutate into something worse.

Let's hope we don't hear any more anecdotes like that.

edit on 9-6-2021 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Your a good writer and clearly intelligent, but like many people your logic seems faulty. Your waiting to see how things pan out before you take the jab, yet you know someone who has suffered side effects most likely linked to it. A jab that is, for a virus which is virtually harmless for the vast majority..

Now your worried about a variant which is supposedly putting people in hospital but not killing them, and it’s unknown wether the gene therapy jab will work against the variant until enough people have caught the variant having had the jab. What about those that have had the variant without a jab? What about those asymtomatic carriers that don’t know they had it yet tested positive like my friend, or what about the faulty pcr tests?

I know people who have had the jab and they are fine for now, who knows wether their body’s will go into an auto immune disorder the next time they contract a cold or flu though? That’s what concerns me.

Of course all that’s needed is for the MSM to stop crying wolf and the whole thing goes away, the gov can say the jabs worked, the lockdowns worked and pat themselves on the back. Then ask the tax payer to cough up and pay for the madness, or perhaps inflation will do that? Either way you will have a digital ID linked to your jab passport and coming social credits or you won’t be able to participate in society like used to.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I get it's a personal choice but it blows my mind people are still planning on getting the jab when they're not in the vulnerable group at all, they are just waiting for FDA approval. Whether it's FDA approved or not, most healthy people DO NOT need a vaccine for something so survivable.
In an article I recently read, they claimed that the virus was only circulating around the unvaccinated. Why can't we just go the old fashioned herd immunity route like we do with the flu? People forget that is no longer the definition of herd immunity, now it's through vaccines only.
Not to mention all of the agendas this jab has furthered. Taking the jab is taking part in their agendas so I just don't get why a lot of skeptical people will still get it. If its FDA approved, it must be good. They totally wouldn't lie...

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Great OP with which, as an equally confused and disturbed Brit couldn’t agree more with.

For my money Boris is attempting to walk a tightrope of plausible deniability with his sacrificial goat, Hancock held before him as a shield when the rigged enquiry finally comes. The longer he can stay on that tightrope and keep the Covid fires burning the longer he retains his apparent virtual omnipotence via the vagueness of his emergency powers.

Covid seems to be allowing him to sweep institutional changes such as the protest bill, but god knows what else he’s keeping under radar, through Parliament with very little, if any debate. When Covid’s in the rear view mirror and Parliament fully returns to normal this window of opportunity for the fascists and the greedy will have closed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Covid numbers continue to simmer until the health passport is fully established and in use by everyone and will continue to be long after covid.

RE. Why does everyone need be vaccinated if only certain groups are vulnerable…? If for arguments sake we believe the science that suggests those vaccinated have a decreased chance of being infected and therefore reducing the R number - as well as Covid being less transmissible from the vaccinated who do get infected - then it makes absolute sense to vaccinate as many as possible… But only if you believe the science and even then it’s far from proven (as you said, the U.K. will probably provide the answer to this in the coming weeks and months).

The moral conundrum in the vaccinate all debate is the question of vaccinating the very young. If, as it appears, the very young are at little risk from Covid, then how do we justify vaccinating them with novel vaccines that themselves will be detrimental to some in order to protect everyone else?

Imo it’s too risky and selfish to do that. We should not vaccinate the very young. Currently they seem to have decided, again with virtually no debate, to vaccinate as young as 12. I find that abhorrent. It’s no exaggeration to call the U.K.’s current regime ‘evil’, considering the unnecessary deaths caused by the ambitions and greed of its leader and shadowy sponsors, whomever they be.

edit on 10-6-2021 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
So... no, no need for an untested gene therapy jab.

And thankfully, that’s what none of the Covid vaccines actually do. None of them alter your DNA or genes.
edit on 10-6-2021 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
originally posted by: tanstaafl
"So... no, no need for an untested gene therapy jab."

And thankfully, that’s what none of the Covid vaccines actually do. None of them alter your DNA or genes.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join