It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips on how to flush out an escaped corn snake?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Here are some things you can try.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Do you have a dog?

My dogs will find a snake in a second! We get bullsnakes and rattlers in the house fairly often (no idea how they get in). The bullsnakes get in the ductwork. The rattlers are generally in the basement along walls. All I have to do is tell the dogs to find the snake and they'll find it. The know not to try to catch them (because rattlers look almost identical to bullsnakes unless you know them), but they will alert on them and identify where they are.

Snakes give off a very potent pheromone which dogs can easily pick up on even if they're not tracking dogs. Just let the dog smell the terrarium and tell it to find the snake. Even untrained dogs can do it easily.
edit on 6/9/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I am pretty sure we have two escaped ball pythons somewhere in our house. I say pretty sure, because my daughter told me about the one being missing, but then she bought another one... and I haven’t seen it for a couple of months... and she hasn’t bought any rats to feed it for that amount of time too.

It's a club everyone joins at some point, I guess. I did expect an escape at some point, but I figured a year or two, not next season, lol

Anyway, to update on this -- she's still loose. And DEFINITELY in the bedroom and hiding somewhere in there we cannot find. Kid did a good job building lure traps all over her room (including putting out her bathing dish, snake takes a regular quick dip)

She's keen enough to wait until the kid falls asleep or leaves the room before she runs out for a drink or bath. We've been finding slither marks on the plastic bag noise spots we laid out, a wet bathing dish exterior & water trails on the towel under the bathing dish to different directions each time.

We did put out a pinky, but she didn't fall for it.

Tonight, the Battle of Wits begins anew.

This would be so much easier if she was a full-grown adult, an escaped 4-5 foot long snake would be soooooo much easier to deal with than a damn foot and a half long skinny little smart-ass baby danger noodle.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You consider getting one of those horns the Indian snake charmers use?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join