It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no escape!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: incoserv

If you want to avoid this, you'll have to ditch the digital tether completely. But who's gonna do that?

[ raises hand ] Me. I leave mine at home most of the time. I think that those of us who are a bit older [ I'll be 57 in a couple months ] or at least a good percentage, are not as dependent on them. We don't live our lives online. I made it from 1964 to 2005 without a cell phone, so it's no big deal if I don't have it with me.

I've made it 60 years without a cell phone. We don't really need a cell phone if we have a telephone hanging on the wall at home. Anything else a cell phone can do, is old, established technology, which I already have and have employed for years around my house. Texting? Ha. That went out in the 1800s when the telegraph got superceded by telephones.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
Me as well. I've got an old flip phone. It don't take pictures, it don't film, it doesn't play games etc. etc. It actually lives in the car dashboard for emergencies only.
As for Enemy of the State, that was 1998 and I remember a programme in the 1970s of them bragging that they could read a newspaper headlines from space. Listening / An old one "Echelon", I don't know what the new ones called.
Any way in Australia it's Pine Gap aint it.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Kinda makes me wonder...

A major bank here was hacked, and a heck of a lot more that just where we work was stolen, and sold to who-knows-who.

What if it's all on purpose ?

So here's the question : are we being set-up for a society where we have zero privacy, we own nothing, and we are supposedly happy ?

Is that not what they told us ?
So why assume that we were just going to give it away ?

If they asked : we would say no.
So maybe they have to take it from us.
And sometimes 'accidents' can be fortuitous, towards achieving one's goals, n'est-ce pas ?

Remember all of the 'accidents' and 'errors' that supposedly let 9/11 happen ?
Remember how all of the changes post 9/11 : somehow oddly filled-out TPTB™'s bingo-card ?

What a coincidence !!
Nobody could have foreseen all of that !!

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I used to think co-incidents happen, though now I don’t believe they happen. In my humble opinion, events are planned.

I remember once privacy was a tightly held belief by everyone, and you wouldn’t even discuss income with your best mate. Now people due to social media are broadcasting their purchases and flaunting it.

Privacy seems to have no value anymore, I recently received an email from the bank i am with direct to my personal email address, from a sales person. I replied back to the officer, and asked for his reason accessing my personal banking information.

His response was it’s what he does to see if he can assist with investments etc. I have a tidy amount in my accounts, and am a lucrative customer.

Then he had the nerve to ask why if took me a year to reply to his email, I was pissed as he had no right to access my account details, I have never spoken to this bank officer.

I have not been into that branch in over 7 years.

Skinny my opinion he was fishing for business and said to himself, he has money, I’ll contact him.

Though he took offence as I asked why he accessed my account information, with no valid reason.

I have lodged a privacy breach complaint with the bank and asked for compensation.

, a reply to: Nothin

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   
We have pine gap here, though who knows what else is out here in the desert.

Humanity used to think that compact discs were wizz bang technology, though look st what we have now.

Apple I tunes where you have a lifetime lease in music you licence, though you don’t own it.

a reply to: crayzeed

edit on 10-6-2021 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

I thought i would pop this here Rob, may your day be enlightened.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I never saw a need for me to have a cell phone, I never go anywhere alone, I have a handicap.
I do not like to chat, or play games digital type. So there is no problem for me.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: justdust

Cool

Thanks for letting us know

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
You have to ask if we can truly trust our own military.

Until recently I would have said yes. But now, I am not so sure. All the military in Victoria are following the mask requirements like the rats in Pied Piper.

The one group that could walk around mask less, following military protocols could have put a stop to this nonsense months ago.

Who do our military work for ... the Government ... or ... the people?

P

..... and now we have the Australian Army involved in this farce,

P

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join