It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My disturbing new healthful habit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Our bodies need acetic acid to acetylize cysteine, carnatine, and other much needed necessities in the body. If you have the right microbes in your body, they can help, but most of the foods these days kill microbes that make acetic acid. A part of our blood is also made of acetyl acetate...which is a combination of vinegar mixed with baking soda. It is a part of some IVs in the hospitals given to sick people for certain symptoms after a blood test is done at the ER. It is a base of the albumin.

I drink pickle juice, but avoid the pickles that have alum in them because the aluminum can cause problems if you drink the juice. Alum is a neuro-excitant...it triggers your body to fight things and is not good for people who have autoimmune issues like I do. It also can cause symptoms like asthma when the body is stressed. The dill is not a problem for most people in pickles, but I do have to watch not to over drink juice from dills, I have a mild intolerance to Eugenol which is in dill and celery seeds, it does kill pain by messing with the nervous system, but it also can cause bad things if you do too much pickle juice if you are a poor detoxer of eugenol. So I tend to just drink it when I feel I need a boost...I have actually been testing when to drink it, I get a feeling and that feeling is hard to explain, two tablespoons is all I need.

The alum in pickle juice will hyperactivate the immune system though, if you want extra immunity, a little could be a medicine. We always have some hamburger dills that contain alum in the fridge and we also have sweet Gerkins which have it too. Just in case the wife or I need it.

You drank all that pickle juice for a reason, I just cannot tell you what the reason was, there are a half a dozen chemistries in the juice that could treat different conditions...based on if they are dill or sweet pickles, alum or not, and another thing is that cucumbers are high in Salicylates..so the vinegar for the pickles acetylate the Salicylates to aspirin.

You do not need a willow tree to make aspirin...and if you do have problems with aspirin, pickles might actually trigger side effects if you consume too much.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingDepth

Apparently, the American obsession with pickles is something people in other countries can't understand about us.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I have a neighbor who is all about pickling.
I think that's how he makes his money.
I called him Mr. Pickles and narrowly avoided a punch to the face.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

It's been used over the years by baseball pitchers for blisters, although I don't think there's any scientific basis for that, just superstitious baseball players.

And on the off chance your bartender forgets you don't like whisky (I'm a vodka guy) a shot of that will kill that nasty whisky flavor.

My flavor is Vlasic zesty dill spears juice. Mmmm, so good. While were on the subject of pickles, don't try Famous Dave's spicy pickles, neither spicy nor famous as they taste like ass.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

oh hey dude

One of my Mexican co-workers turned me on to pickled jalepenos. Try drinking that pickle juice

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Never thought about it but I've got plenty of that around as I love spicy food. I'll let you know what I think.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join