It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't kill the rooster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
How much would you pay for this painting??

Am helping an artist friend.

What do you think....$20 bucks,$15 bucks or 5000 tonsamillion dollars??

Its a rooster.

edit on 8-6-2021 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I made this thread because judging art is weird.
One man's Picasso is another man's firestarter or firewood.

How do you judge things like this?
I am surrounded by these types and have no answers...so I thought I would post someone's painting and try to get a better world view.

I could vomit on my own junk and someone would think that it is a profound piece while I would think it was just me puking after a long night out.

What makes a piece of art good and how much would you pay for the painting in the OP?

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Looks like the bird is trying to flip the bird.

$24.99

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Looks like the bird is trying to flip the bird.

I think that is worth an extra 10 bucks on the overall price.

I'd pay a lot of money to have a bird fly by giving me the finger.....thats a kodak moment.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   

If your friend has a decent collection of paintings, as nice as this one, I would say between $200 to $350.

I personally would pay up to $250 if I could afford it. There's something familiar about it, can't quite put my finger on it, but it's the red shades that keep grabbing my eyes.

Anyway, tell him it's a truly great piece of art.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   

To your second post, indeed, what some consider blah others consider valuable.

True story: I've never been one to hang art on walls, here and there I put one up whenever I move. I once found a cheap, I mean cheap picture, like almost ripped out of a mag, and it was in a plastic fake gold frame, maybe a 16×9, but it was a poppy field, red, red poppies with a purplish sunset. $1.75 at the thrift store. Had it on my wall for a few years, and literally everyone commented on it who visited my apartment.

I moved, and it was in a spare room at a friends and it got stolen, along with a blue glass ashtray with a pot leaf in the ashtray, painted on, from Amsterdam. Kept the price tag on the bottom as proof it came from Amsterdam.

Anyway, I think about that picture from time to time. And right now, I'd pay as much as $500 for it if I had the chance.

Art....is in a class by itself. I don't consider music art. Or poetry. Or dance. Art is an inanimate object made by human hands, and some art is valuable, some not so much, but there's always a buyer out there, with the cash.

I talk too much, I know.

Great painting.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hard to say, difficult to put a price on a cock that hangs on the wall. The perspective is odd too I wonder why the tail feathers are in front of its head while it’s pose suggests the head should be in front of the tail feathers. Personally I’m not a big fan of such opaque styles of painting I like thinner layer by layer but for this guy it works for him.

new topics

top topics

join