It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If an E.T. Craft crashes on United States soil, who does it belong to?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Good point the people of Aurora gave there alien pilot a good Christian burial and perhaps that is the only thing we can really do to respect sentient being's.

Of course perhaps in a sealed container since we are aware of potential alien pathogens that they were not aware of.

And today of course they would be taken away, dissected and studied down to the chemical and atomic composition of there body's not only looking at comparative biology, weakness and strength but also at how there DNA may be used to enhance our own, who need's aliens messing with humans when we have out own Frankenstein's and eugenics nut jobs out there, after all it's better than trying to create a half human half ape super soldier and after all the other thing they would want to find out is how intelligent a child with these genetic codes for neural development could actually become.

Personally I would respect the dead and give them a Christian burial, if they are sentient beings they probably have a soul just like ours.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   
right off hand, I'd say it belongs to E.T.

Has anyone considered the notion that E.T. might not be terribly appreciative of humans stealing, and that's what it is, their property?

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Ophiuchus1 Personally I would respect the dead and give them a Christian burial, if they are sentient beings they probably have a soul just like ours.

Out of decency and dignity, I too would give the alien being a burial, but I wouldn’t religionize it to any specific religion. I wouldn’t give a Buddhist a Christian burial for example.

I would commend his body to the creator of the universe. The name would just be “Creator”, generic enough that all sentient life in the universe may also relate to. I think, it would be universal enough, for beings within themselves to ask themselves ..what or who was responsible for creating their species? They are sentient enough to conceptualize a “Creator”.

As for a soul...even on earth, a souls existence is debatable. Some believe in a soul and no spirit, some believe in a spirit and no soul, some believe a soul and a spirit are one and the same, there are those that believe that both the soul and spirit exists but that they are separate. Finally, there are those that don’t believe in either. Great for discussion, but perhaps not for this thread.
edit on 9-6-2021 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 02:26 AM
link   

what if what ever was on the ship was just super advanced robots?

would you burry your computer in a cemetery?

its not stealing when there is no one to give it back to, ever find money on the ground?

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 02:46 AM
link   
It belongs to their mothership (still).

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: NightVision
I would have thought this was an issue under interplanetary law. Even without living occupamts, it still has off-planet owners. The very most any human authority could claim would be rights of salvage.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

what if what ever was on the ship was just super advanced robots?

would you burry your computer in a cemetery?

its not stealing when there is no one to give it back to, ever find money on the ground?

Ahhhh but you stated “assuming everything is dead on the inside.” Which inferred living beings...You mentioned nothing about robots until your reply...hmmm

If you’d stated “assuming everything is dead on the inside, AND what if what ever was on the ship was just super advanced robots?

You would of received a expanded reply.

Of course you don’t bury robots in a cemetery ......you bury them at the junkyard

As mentioned in previous posts.....according to federal law NASA has jurisdiction of crashed UFO’s and or EBE’s on U.S. soil...which should answer the OP.

edit on 10-6-2021 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   

computers 'die'

we say when are devices run out of batteries that they are 'dead'

also if anyone thinks NASA would be the ones picking up the pieces in a crash situation that could be hidden is joking themselves.

we CURRENTLY have crash retrieval teams and teams that are in charge of getting their hands on 'foreign technology' like Russian and Chinese weapon systems and aircraft and they are good at their jobs and they don't work for NASA.

Von Neumann probes are more than likely to be some of our first interactions from the stars and God only knows what that is going to look like.

I believe anything truly alive like us or even an advanced SENTIANT a.i coming from the stars we will see coming a mile away. I think what we see and have been seeing is more than likely a forgotten cousin maybe sharing earth with us or at the extreme end of things dimensional hopping, maybe from a different earth.

The UFO's that we see I highly doubt most of them are coming from far off stars.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think that the salient point in this discussion is whether or not any "Alien" visitors have any protection under the Law. My guess is that they are simply classified (currently) as non-sentient life forms and may only have protections and rights in accordance with Animal Protection League statutes. As such, these life forms would have absolutely NO protection in terms of property or Rights to Protection that a Human would have.

That such "Aliens" MIGHT be inimicable to human life presents another problem...IF Legislation is enacted to give such "visitors" Rights to protection we might be opening up a can of worms by allowing advance parties of adversarial opponents protection until such as a time as their forces are strong enough to mount an offensive?

I think the answer is to have specific Reception Centres, away from major populated areas, perform Turing Tests to ensure they are truly Sentient (and not merely Simulacra), afford protections that are limited by Statute.

There can be no Blanket acceptance of potential "Alien" visitors being afforded full Human Rights Protection... that would be foolish and a derogation of duty

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   

If a mothership type craft crashes then it belongs to the US government, the real question is who runs that entity behind these scenes..................... So if Washington is actually controlled by the ETs then it just goes round in circles and back to them

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: keithisco1
I think that the salient point in this discussion is whether or not any "Alien" visitors have any protection under the Law. My guess is that they are simply classified (currently) as non-sentient life forms and may only have protections and rights in accordance with Animal Protection League statutes. As such, these life forms would have absolutely NO protection in terms of property or Rights to Protection that a Human would have.

That such "Aliens" MIGHT be inimicable to human life presents another problem...IF Legislation is enacted to give such "visitors" Rights to protection we might be opening up a can of worms by allowing advance parties of adversarial opponents protection until such as a time as their forces are strong enough to mount an offensive?

I think the answer is to have specific Reception Centres, away from major populated areas, perform Turing Tests to ensure they are truly Sentient (and not merely Simulacra), afford protections that are limited by Statute.

There can be no Blanket acceptance of potential "Alien" visitors being afforded full Human Rights Protection... that would be foolish and a derogation of duty

What your describing, reminds me of the movie District 9.....in South Africa....it was an apartheid for aliens....

The premise “ Thirty years ago, aliens arrive on Earth -- not to conquer or give aid, but -- to find refuge from their dying planet. Separated from humans in a South African area called District 9...the aliens are managed by Multi-National United, which is unconcerned with the aliens' welfare but will do anything to master their advanced technology.”

From wiki....

“ Apartheid (/əˈpɑːrt(h)aɪt/, especially South African English: /əˈpɑːrt(h)eɪt/, Afrikaans: [aˈpartɦɛit]; transl. "separateness", lit. "aparthood") was a system of institutionalised racial segregation that existed in South Africa and South West Africa (now Namibia) from 1948 until the early 1990s.[note 1] Apartheid was characterized by an authoritarian political culture based on baasskap (or white supremacy), which ensured that South Africa was dominated politically, socially, and economically by the nation's minority white population.”

Substitute....Alien for the word “racial” and substitute Earthlings for the words “baasskap or white”.

I don’t know if Alien Apartheid would be acceptable these day’s on modern Earth.

If you go farther back...in time...then concentration camps, or as in the U.S. with the Japanese internment camps.

Have we learned nothing, anything, from the past?

When immigrants came to the U.S. they went through the process of immigration which included health checks for communicable diseases. If cleared, they were processed through and began a new life, in a new country...a new world to them so to speak. They didn’t gather forces of their nationalities to overthrow the country (alien invasion).

I’m not in agreement with your Solution.

I don’t have an answer, but I don’t think your answer is it either.

If you have not seen District 9.....I recommend that you do.

Ghettos for Alien EBE’s...imagine that.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
In the Bible it states that man has dominion over all the Earth. So if they crash on Earth per the covenant or contract so to speak in the Bible, then man can exercise dominion over the occupants and their craft. I'm not sure if the sky is a grey area and deep underground, but the surface definitely falls under mans right to subdue all inhabitants that land or crash on the ground.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: keithisco1

Thats a really good point. Given the ETs have no problem giving up their craft, how do you insert that object into the public scientific community without it being stolen, or without that community being infiltrated by Military Defense forces?

Is legislation the answer? Can we pass a bill that gives first rights to Civilian Public Benefit?

edit on 10-6-2021 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It belongs to them (ET's who own the crashed foo fighter) and only them...

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It belongs to me. Baxter Seabass Hendershton, IV.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It definitely shouldn't be classified, it should be public, something like this:

Military base protects it
Scientist can come and study it
Civilians can pay for a tour

Selfishness with anything ET should be cancelled ASAP

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think it would be pretty obvious that anything that can master navigation of interstellar space would have some sort of checking system in place on their equipment. DNA test, passcode, RFID chip, LowJack...something.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I think it would be pretty obvious that anything that can master navigation of interstellar space would have some sort of checking system in place on their equipment. DNA test, passcode, RFID chip, LowJack...something.

I think that's a misplaced anthropomorphic determination. Do dandelions know or care where their seeds end up? When you're talking about aliens, it might not be a matter of creatures who have the same motivations and values as us. It could be something that builds warp drives the way birds build nests, or the way the Clovis people were good at making a particular kind of spear point but never progressed or got better at it in tens of thousands of years.

Our particular brand of self-aware intelligence may be a complete fluke, while the rest of life in the universe just splashes itself into space without really thinking about it.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

It’s plausible that advanced alien technology would include biometrics for activation perhaps DNA Biometrics......

These day’s, guns can have Fingerprint Biometric safety locks built onto the gun itself. If the fingerprint is not the owner of the gun, the gun will not work.

Can’t remember, but according to supposed reversed engineering of alien craft control systems, there only appeared smooth flattened control surfaces that the alien would just rest the hand for control. Basically, only an alien has access to do the crafts controls.

Not this below...which was proved to be fake

Even out further...at least for aliens, maybe they have a type of Telepathic Biometrics, tuned to focused thought frequencies by the alien craft operator for controlling the craft.

If the craft itself was partially alive (like a cyborg technology)....It would be a Symbiotic relationship connection from Alien to craft perhaps?

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If it landed on MY property, I'd be one ET-mother####ing owner.

But really?

Our benevolent government would come in, crush everyone and take away the technology, because; freedom.

Replace "crush" with "Flash" & replace "freedom" with "Time-Travel"...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join