It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Donates Dead Mother's Body For Research Finds Out Later It Was Blown Up

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Deleted by me on the better part of discretion

edit on 8-6-2021 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
WTF! Did anyone else read the article?

'SecretKnowledge' left all the worst/goriest(best?) details out of the OP.

Jim is one of 33 plaintiffs named against in a lawsuit against BRC and its owner Stephen Gore, in which the gruesome details of how the center misused loved ones' bodies is compared to the horror novel Frankenstein.

Gore, 52, was found guilty of operating an illegal business in 2015 after it was discovered that he had been off selling body parts.

More than 1,755 human body parts were found at the facility, which took 142 body bags to move and weighed 10 tons, according to Reuters.

Cwynar told of a small woman's head sewn onto a large male torso that was hanging from the wall in a 'Frankenstein manner. Its placement was described as 'an apparent morbid joke'.

He also spoke of a 'cooler filled with male genitalia', 'infected heads' and 'bucket of heads, arms and legs' without any identification tags.

There were also blood and bodily fluids on the floor of the freezer.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Bodies were cut up using chain saws and band saws, tools that are not supposed to be used when medically dismembering cadavers.

There was even a price list for body parts, which included a whole upper torso for $4,000, an intact torso for $2,900, a spine for $1,900, a leg from mid-femur to toe tip for $600, a head for $500 and a knee for $375.

A full, intact body could cost anywhere between $5,000 and $10,000.

and don't forget this is the place he chose because of a recommendation from a nurse.

After re-reading my post, for some reason, once I got to the end of the price list, the 'Knee for $375' cracked me up.... As if everything else seemed somewhat reasonable, but the 'knee' was just too much. lol... Seriously though, why would you want to buy a knee...

Best movie ever!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Should have tied her to a JDAM in honor of Slim Pickens.

'n' you've Yeed yer last Haw. I watched Strangelove so many times
I learned almost the whole MIL alphabet.
I wanna go on a Delta Bravo. Those babies pop loud and big enough it
may throw my soul through a spacetime rip-- and there's my ex-wife.
What more suitable damnation, I say? MuaHaHaHhaaa. Liz.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Well blowing bodys up in all kinds of various ways is research? What did he think was going to happen? I mean not all research on dead bodies is about tissue decomposition or medical type research.

The audacity of the ignorant, to not think a bit before they do a thing. But hey. Cremation is pretty cool. Less headaches and people complaining using that method.

So ya. I really dont know what to say about this story. People should be aware that "research" Is a very broad term.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

C'mon dude read the op

Doris Stauffer, 73, died five-years ago in hospice care following a several year battle with Alzheimer’s, despite doctors saying she didn’t carry the gene for the disease. Medical officials feared the condition may have mutated and hoped to study her brain after her death to further investigate.

He thought he was signing away her brain for alzheimer's research. And in the contract he stipulated that the rest of her be returned in ashes. They returned one hand in ashes.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Well ya. You cant return any ashes if the body was used in an explosion research. For whatever wacky reason.

Somebody was not paying attention to the exact details on the various cadavers they had going on for research. Thats why? Cremation, saves tons and tons of paperwork.

I man its sad. But? This sort of thing happens. "Research really is a broad term" And obviously? Its not an exact science.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 04:40 AM
link   

In ways that might surprise you.

This could've been a scene in a Farelly Brothers movie.

I nearly pissed myself

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

I always thought burial and cremation were a bit of a waste.
I want my remains to be fed to some sharks.
Natures cycle and all that stuff.

Might be a bit costly and a bit of hassle to pull it off but if any film makers are looking for realistic chew toys for the next Jaws or Deep blue sea sequel........

My fees will be very reasonable.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I like the ritual of a burial myself. Death is weird and symbolic gestures do seem like a comfort we need.

You do realize your way of going out involves a shark possibly aquiring a taste for human flesh?

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I first saw the OP about 8 hours ago now and I've been thinking about it ever since.

I've honestly tried to scrub the 'cool factor' out of my brain and find something to be really angry about here, but I just can't do it.

There should really be three (3) options:

a.) Burial
b.) Cremation
c.) MOAB / TRIDENT

I'm choosin' option #c...all the way, BAY-BEEEE!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

I like the ritual of a burial myself. Death is weird and symbolic gestures do seem like a comfort we need.

You do realize your way of going out involves a shark possibly aquiring a taste for human flesh?

I never said I was human.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   

What could possibly be more symbolic than getting launched out of a tube on a ballistic missile submarine, in the middle of the ocean, atop a thermonuclear warhead which travels to space and back down again thousands of miles away, and getting to witness, 1st-hand, ARMAGEDDON from the front row???

Now THAT would be "SYMBOLIC"...BAY-BEEEE!

edit on 6/9/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Less dramatic but more fun would be to scour the antique shops for some Victorian style clothing, a period newspaper and on old train ticket for Carlisle.

Then get someone to leave you in the waiting room at a small regional train station as if you'd been there the whole time and only just been noticed!

edit on 962021 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Since we're already discussing weird things, why not?

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Not many people have a post bucket list.

Just remember to instruct them to attach a go pro.

For science!

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I like weird.

I've always liked sharks, too. Such a wide variety of species from funny little ones, frilled ones, giant harmless ones and the (in)famous great white.

I get your point about getting a taste for human flesh and I'm not sure it's a good thing for tourists to go and have a day trip to get pictures from a cage. Maybe that would be better done far away from where there's going to be people swimming or surfing etc.

I'm pretty sure if I did get my remains disposed of in that fashion, I wouldn't be the first.

A lot of sharks are scavengers so when no live food is available they'll eat almost anything floating around that smell foody.
Most people who are actually bitten aren't really hunted as such, they are just in the wrong place while a hungry shark has what's known as an "investigatory bite".
From below, surfers sometimes resemble a long fat seal with the board being the body and the paddling limbs resembling flippers so usually a case of mistaken identity.

Anyway, sharks or worms, once I'm gone I'll be past caring what happens really. Although a Mythbusters episode "are samurai swords really the best?" would also be interesting "research".

edit on 962021 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Can we talk about gore yet?? I mean, we're almost there now...blowing up dead bodies and all.

If so, I've got some GREAT suggestions if we can go there!! Just epic!

What the heck, right? You're dead already, so what does it matter? Might as well have some fun with it.

How about this one?...

Scorch a big circular area out in the middle of nowhere (like a spaceship landed). Maybe even Skin Walker ranch! Then put a big pile of the deceased's guts and entrails right outside the scorched area. Take the body (sans guts) to a remote area several miles away and build an elaborate camp which appears to have been inhabited for a long time. Place the deceased body in a lawn chair at the edge of the fire pit. (zombie had been living there for months / years after aliens removed his guts).

Can you even begin to imagine what the headlines on ATS would look like once this was discovered???? LOL...their servers would MELT! It'd be the conspiracy of the MILLENIA!

edit on 6/9/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I'll hide a speaker in your mouth so you can say "it's barely a flesh wound" right after they chop off your head.

And I'll make sure it's done in a dignified, British accent too.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I can't speak for anyone else but my sense of humour has no bottom limit.

Your idea would be a great hoax joke.
Imagine a collaborative global hoax similar to that but all over the place.
Not sure the people who had to investigate, do forensic tests and all the leg work would see the funny side but it really would cause some Internet traffic jams once it hit the headlines.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

I'll hide a speaker in your mouth so you can say "it's barely a flesh wound" right after they chop off your head.

And I'll make sure it's done in a dignified, British accent too.

I can still fight........oh......he's running away!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join