It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Donates Dead Mother's Body For Research Finds Out Later It Was Blown Up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Man Donates Dead Mother's Body For Research Finds Out Later It Was Blown Up

Man who donated his mother's body to an Arizona center for Alzheimer's research discovers it was sold on to the US Military for $6,000, strapped to a chair and blown up in 'blast test'.

Yes you read that right, it really did happen.

An Arizona man has spoken out about the heartbreak he endured when learning that the body of his mother, which he donated to a medical research center, was sold off to the military and blown up in a ‘blast testing’ experiment.
Doris Stauffer, 73, died five-years ago in hospice care following a several year battle with Alzheimer’s, despite doctors saying she didn’t carry the gene for the disease. Medical officials feared the condition may have mutated and hoped to study her brain after her death to further investigate.
However, when she died in 2014, her neurologist was unable to accept her remains so her son, Jim, reached out to a number of donation facilities who he hoped would continue the investigation.
Finally, he settled on the Biological Resource Center (BRC) in Maricopa County following a recommendation from a nurse, under the agreement that the company - led by Stephen Gore - would send her brain to a neurological research group.

The BRC was led by a man named Gore. This is real isn't it? It is.

‘I feel foolish,’ Jim Stauffer told FOX6, learning the true fate of his mother’s remains. ‘Because I’m not a trusting person, but in this situation you have no idea this is going on — you trust. I think that trust is what they fed on.’
Jim recalled how an official from BRC came to pick up his mother’s remains within 45 minutes of her death.
There, he said he signed an agreement with the official in which it was detailed what ‘would and would not’ happen to Doris’ remains. Several days later he received a wooden box that contained the 'majority' of his mother’s ashes, however no information was provided about how Doris’ body was used or where the rest of her remains were.
Another three years would pass before he learned what really happened to his mother, when a reporter from Reuters sent him a series of documents.

Horrible true story of people being taken advantage of at their lowest moment, during grieving.

I'll link to the rest of the story its only a couple minutes reading. Yes it is the Daily Mail but theres a video there from an American news station reporting on the story. Its true..

LINK TO FULL STORY

Apparently the American military were led to believe that families gave their consent for this to happen by the company BRC.
Families strictly did not give permission. Mr. Gore didnt even go to jail

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I mean, if you had a choice to be buried or blasted apart...

It was an agreement though to research the brain so theres that.

F'n Legend grammy

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Should have tied her to a JDAM in honor of Slim Pickens.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Ohh thank God, real news.
He should be happy his mom went with a bang instead of being buried only to be paved over.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

These days, hardly anyone is held accountable for anything. Disgusting!

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Way to go, hopefully he can see how much cooler that is than just being dissected.

he should get all the money though, and reparations, it's a really despicable action by Gore!

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

What would be really disgusting is cleaning that.
Now we gotta find the silver lining....
He can....pick up the pieces and move on.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Savage, 10/10

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Just another of the reasons you should trust scientists and the government to do the right thing, every time.

Reality is stranger (and more demented) than fiction.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

My father wanted his body donated to science and if I recall right you do get some control over where it goes if you put in the leg work. His body went to the Einstein institute in NY and we got his ashes back about a year or 2 later.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I’m sorry, I’m having a pretty sh!tty day. But this actually made me lol on the shuttle I’m on right now. 12 people looking at me like I’m either crazy or having all the fun…
edit on 8-6-2021 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Lawsuit.

$6,000 for the money earned from the sale of his mother's body.

$1,000,000 for emotional distress.

Even in today's economy, $1,006,000 could go a fair way.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Laugh?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The Daily Mail is a British daily middle-market[5][6] newspaper published in London in a tabloid format. Founded in 1896, it is the United Kingdom's highest-circulated daily newspaper.[7] Its sister paper The Mail on Sunday was launched in 1982, while Scottish and Irish editions of the daily paper were launched in 1947 and 2006 respectively. Content from the paper appears on the MailOnline website, although the website is managed separately and has its own editor.[8]

Daily Mail

Daily Mail front page on 4 August 2010

TypeDaily newspaperFormatTabloidOwner(s)Daily Mail and General TrustFounder(s)Alfred Harmsworth and Harold HarmsworthPublisherDMG MediaEditorGeordie GreigFounded4 May 1896; 125 years agoPolitical alignmentRight-wing[1][2][3]LanguageEnglishHeadquartersNorthcliffe House

2 Derry Street

London W8 5TTCirculation1,134,184 (as of February 2020)[4]ISSN0307-7578OCLC number16310567Websitewww.dailymail.co.uk

The paper is owned by the Daily Mail and General Trust.[9] Jonathan Harmsworth, 4th Viscount Rothermere, a great-grandson of one of the original co-founders, is the current chairman and controlling shareholder of the Daily Mail and General Trust, while day-to-day editorial decisions for the newspaper are usually made by a team led by the editor, Geordie Greig, who succeeded Paul Dacre in September 2018.[10]

edit on 8-6-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I donated my organs...and the rest to Med School. (what they do...I know, I worked down round the morgue, i dont care).....The wife dont gotta bury nothin....

They can blow me, cook me, toast me, pulverize me..IM NOT GONNA CARE!!!
Peace all. Luv you....

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
But!
www.txstate.edu...

Forensic Anthropology Research Facility

The Forensic Anthropology Research Facility (FARF) serves as a resource for forensic anthropology students, researchers, as well as state and national law enforcement agencies. Research into questions relating to time since death, the postmortem interval and decomposition processes for human remains under various topographical and climate conditions are conducted at FARF.
The FARF is a 26-acre outdoor human decomposition research laboratory at Texas State’s Freeman Ranch. The Texas State facility is spatially the largest facility of its kind

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

If that bothers you, don't look up organ donation and the surprises families have.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I donated my organs...and the rest to Med School. (what they do...I know, I worked down round the morgue, i dont care).....The wife dont gotta bury nothin....

They can blow me, cook me, toast me, pulverize me..IM NOT GONNA CARE!!!
Peace all. Luv you....

I want to be cremated and ashes can be spread around. I also don't want some over the top funeral, cemetery plot and to piss money away on some casket either. Plant a tree in my honor somewhere I love and be done with it.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

< raises eyebrow >

If it were me and/or someone I donated, I....I don't think I could get mad, honestly. This is an interesting way to say "Screw this rock!" for a service, if I may say so myself. If a funeral business were to tell me I had the option of being strapped to a test bomb that wasn't heading any living person's way, I'd be all over that like white on rice. Want to ACTUALLY be remembered for more than one or two generations after ya? THAT'S how you do it, lmfao, "Your great-(times however many)-grandmother was blown to bits in a bomb test after she died. Set it up beforehand even! We should look at the pictures, maybe watch the ancient family video, I think there was even fireworks."

Seriously, it's a hell of a neat send-off, talk about thinking waaaay out of the box.
edit on 6/8/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/8/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I dunno i think its one way of dispersing my dead body.

I'd be (blown) up for it.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

If that bothers you, don't look up organ donation and the surprises families have.

Doesn't bother me at all, im sorry if i gave that impression.

I had to tone it down for decencies sake

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join