It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancel culture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
What's with all the whining, does it ever stop?

Cancle speech

cancel thoughts

cancel monuments

cancel mathematics

cancel books

cancel history

I bought a pair of Sennheiser headphones with this amazing noise-canceling technology, and it made me think.
There should be something similar applied to sunglasses.
Like that, you can just choose the stuff that offends you, and it will artificially be canceled with a negative overlay. Everyone else can still enjoy it if he wishes to.

I just want to upload everyone into their favorite echo chamber simulation where they can have their little circle-jerk, and eventually get bored because there is nothing left to get offended over...
edit on CDTAmerica/ChicagoTue, 08 Jun 2021 10:53:45 -0500pAmerica/Chicago6America/Chicago by Terpene because: Typointitel

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Ummm...were you subconsciously thinking of Hillary...again...

Cancle culture...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I was thinking of the mud pit, subconsciously of every politician the world has seen in the last decade.... Yes that includes hillary...

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

There should be something similar applied to sunglasses.
Like that, you can just choose the stuff that offends you, and it will artificially be canceled with a negative overlay.

I think they've got an App for that. You've just gotta hold your phone in front of your face while you're walking around.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Cancelling glasses heh? I think they aught to supply the stores in these riot cities then the offended rioter can loot them at will because they wouldn't pay for them.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
H8ter blockers.

I'm on board, lets draw up the paperwork.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

haters are the best thing to hate about... makes me feel like my hatred has legitimacy... best vicious circle ever

edit on CDTAmerica/ChicagoTue, 08 Jun 2021 14:00:19 -0500pAmerica/Chicago6America/Chicago by Terpene because: possibilities

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

is that still happening? did I miss something? are you stuck in the past?

not saying I don`t see a great looting season coming up

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

a reply to: crayzeed

is that still happening? did I miss something? are you stuck in the past?

not saying I don`t see a great looting season coming up

www.newsweek.com...
deadline.com...
illinoisnewstoday.com...

As long as the same actors are permitted to operate in these major cities, allowed to walk free rather than be jailed as they deserve, and encouraged to use excuses to defend their animalistic behavior and predatory nature rather than required to embrace personal responsibility and join the rest of us as productive human beings, the past will repeat itself time after time.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

spot on... and a little confused

is it on purpose that your post applies to police officers as it does to rioters?

if so

well done

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   

a reply to: eXia7

haters are the best thing to hate about... makes me feel like my hatred has legitimacy... best vicious circle ever

Ummm...#hate the haters...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Cops are paid by We the People to (at least attempt) to keep property safe and secure, prevent crime, and generally maintain some level of peace.

Ironically, for years now We the People have also footed the bill to pay welfare and subsidy money to inner city thug breeders in the hopes that the ransoms paid would keep property safe and secure, prevent crime, and generally maintain some level of peace.

I have no grievance with the cops... at least they've done better at the job they were paid to do and the investments have yielded good fruit. Can't say the same about the thug factories.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It is only the non productive part that divides the accusitions...

Not sure about the actual situation, but the reputation leads to the assumption, that the USA has a police killing problem.
A quick reaserch shows the per capita numbers are far bigger than other compararble developed coutries.

I`m not defending any rioting, but the issue they riot over has legitimacy. The way of action they chose to adress it, I don`t agree with.

Discarding it because of the accusers behaviour seems an evasive move.

the investments have yielded good fruit. Can't say the same about the thug factories.

Some yielded very good fruit of the thug factory, I can guarantee you that! chances are some of that yield landed in the pocket of some elected officials.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

if the joke is about me not getting your jokes, I totaly get it

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The USA's nature as a melting pot has changed and that change has led to a lot of the problems. Nobody assimilates and that's lead to a series of divergent and dissimilar norms that vary within individual populations in the USA. Take a rural American who grew up in near poverty and they are expected to be law abiding, respectful, and hard working... take an urban American who grew up in near poverty and they are expected to be anti-police, rude, on the dole, and permitted to use all manner of excuses to deflect from the fact that they chose to be a criminal. America is a failed experiment and the police have nothing to do with that failure... huge nations only work when there is rigidity in expectations, shared values, and universal goals. You either have to be culturally homogenous like Japan or you have to be ruled by an iron fist like the USSR once was. The instant you introduce the national weakness of excessive diversity into the equation, everything else goes right out the window.

That's just a simple fact at this point... you can't logically expect the values and goals of someone living in New York City to match the values and goals of someone living in Casper, Wyoming. Long, long ago when tools like shame and work or starve were in effect in the entire nation, it worked... now that shame is a no-no and we save everyone from their own sloth, it has entirely failed.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

there is a reason it`s called the American dream... Even if unpleseant we better wake up before it turns into a nightmare

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

if the joke is about me not getting your jokes, I totaly get it

Ummm...in 2015 during the runup to the presidential election of 2016...there was a gaggle of the woke protesting against former president Trump's candidacy...one of the woke was holding a sign that read..."Hate the haters"...

I co-opted that brilliancy as my signature...and merely used it in response to your statement about hating haters to illustrate the extreme irony in a statement such as that...

Battling hate...with hatred...

Can't make this stuff up my friend...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Ummm...an explained joke is a dead joke, thanks for that.

these signatures always fly right over my head...

top topics

join