It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make your own dentures.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tom farnhill

Fully agree

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That’s exactly how it goes.
They poke around, push and pick at things.
Then tell me there’s a cavity starting here.
Then of course I believe it lol

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Have you ever actually researched Fluoride ? because you are saying people should keep in their mouths, i will just say that i worked in a foundry, and we had a scientist working with us that had a different point of view, .....
long story short! he did not want us using powered fluride, to refine the metal. and a "little" search gave me the same point of view. you say no rinse! but at the same time, if a "kid" eats a tube...

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dwightfrye
Have you ever actually researched Fluoride ? because you are saying people should keep in their mouths, i will just say that i worked in a foundry, and we had a scientist working with us that had a different point of view, .....
long story short! he did not want us using powered fluride, to refine the metal. and a "little" search gave me the same point of view. you say no rinse! but at the same time, if a "kid" eats a tube...

As far as I understand, from a lifetime of being a “health nut” primarily educated by my “health nut” parents, it’s a misnomer to say the word fluoride.

The good fluoride for teeth and general health is calcium fluoride.

The poisonous stuff— sadly, it’s still in some cheap toothpaste like the brands sold in gas stations and airports— is sodium fluoride. I’ve seen it myself as recently as a couple of years ago. Literally poison but that’s all they stocked for convenience sake to unsuspecting travelers.
edit on 4-7-2021 by therainmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: therainmaker

When fluoride salts dissolve in water the molecules disassociate. In the case of sodium fluoride you get sodium ions and fluoride ions. With calcium fluoride you get calcium ions and those same fluoride ions.

Do you think there is something bad about calcium? Don't our bodies need it?

In any case you can compare the two here, as far as dangers (section 3) go there isn't a world of difference. Too much of anything is not good. Except for fun.
www.finarchemicals.com...
www.finarchemicals.com...
edit on 7/4/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 06:01 AM
link   
It's all somehow unlikely...

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   

edit on Thu Jun 15 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I was actually at the dentist for two hours today, and now I have four temporary plastic teeth in my mouth, until next Friday, when my porcelain pearly whites arrive.

I actually stopped smiling a while back with my mouth open (even before mask mandates), and then I had lunch with mom after a smoke. I was actually thinking about something funny I wrote on ATS the session before, and I couldn't help but laugh.

Mom was horrified: "Your teeth look terrible, you're going to the dentist for reconstruction".

But ... I have no money. Makes no difference, mom wants a dapper-looking Halfoldman, so I was figuratively dragged there by my earlobe.

Strange though, it was only the top four that need covers, the rest are apparently still close to perfect at 46.
And the porcelain apparently never stains.
And, when I asked if I could drink Tequila, the dentist seemed quite pleased, not like my vax experience - it's Friday and you can't even have wine.
What kind of party-pooper vaccine is that?

Just saying, expect a new photo with a smiley Halfoldman in a week or so.

But why did those 4 teeth deteriorate so quickly, when I have a generally good diet, oral care and so forth?
In two years they went stained and ragged.
I actually think it's stress, even grinding them in your sleep.
Recovery also from narcissistic abuse by certain "friends".
Beware of toxic people, they leave mental and eventually physical scars.
Although there's been a lot of general stress and fear due to Covid too.
And the pineapple beer home-brew during our alcohol bans didn't help, I'm sure.
You've only got to damage the top enamel with biting (including fingernails) or grinding, and then they deteriorate very fast.
edit on 21-10-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Have you tried POLYMORPH ? plastic beads which melt at 40 to 70 degrees and can be molded to any shape while hot.

plastic and non toxic

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Flouride does not work. based on flawed research. the decimal point was shifted by to the left and people have since kept believing fluoride saves teeth.

its does not work

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   

edit on Mon Jul 25 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Derepotyn

Yes it's the stuff they use to repair dentures with, when you mix it you need to be in a well-ventilated area, and of course only mix amounts in small cups.I got it all on eBay i think it worked out at five nz dollars for a top or bottom set. As a recap, once the pallet is made, You just make a worm of plasticine to hold the teeth on at the back and just put blobs around the bottom of the tooth to weld it to the pallet, remove the plasticine and put it on thicker behind. I only put them in when I go out, they still work well. It was a good project had some fun.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
If your a prepper at some stage you will have teeth problems, a full set of dentures can cost thousands of dollars, and there is a high probability that they won't fit that well and might even look a bit funny. A few years back I hit the internet and bought all the relevant bits to make a set of uppers.I used a two pot mix of the stuff used to repair existing dentures, It was a fun project as I decided to try making them with a much-lessened pallet so it didn't feel like I had a mouth full of plastic. One set had no pallet, and they didn't feel like I was actually wearing any, The reasoning was the bottom set has no pallet so why should the top set, In the end I ended up with a small pallet just behind where the front teeth are, simply because the pallet less set required fixer and the slight pallet was ok without. At that time doing it yourself made the top sets cost at about three dollars in raw material.That was about six or seven years back. Today I was cruising the internet and came across a kit with a how to do it vid on Youtube.
I only needed a couple of teeth on the bottom set, and after a few tries I made an insert that fitted and worked well that filled in a gappy smile, I didn't make them to perfect , but slightly asymetrical as a real mouth full of teeth would look.If anyone has the time and inclination its a lot easier than you would think. The joy about this method is that you have plenty of time, the two pot mix I used went off in about a minute so you had to be organised and work fast.

cool!

in 1989 i got a ful set.

had the last of my teeth pulled , i was tired of bridges.

i couldn't wear the uppers. they made me gag and i couldn't taste anything so i didn't wear them.

a year later i found a dentist that would cut out the palate. long story.

he did and it's been awesome.

i did break them in half tho, chewing betel nuts. had them fixed for a while until i got a new one with no palate.

but it's good to know how to make them,
thanks!

i use to use the tablets to clean them at night but i got tired of spending so much. now i use a capful of bleach in the water and it dissolves everything so they are nice and clean. cheap.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

I made a few sets, the main thing is to get the agar impression right, so when you pour the dental stone over it you have a perfect impression of your mouth. The bottom sets sits on a very small amount of area, so why not the top set? I made a set with no pallet whatsoever, they literally felt like your own teeth but they had to have the fixative if you wanted to chew stake. In the end, i used the top set with a very small pallet, which doesn't need the fixative, as you literally couldn't get them out for twelve hours.

Just to recap. You get a tray that fits your mouth, you mix the agar nice and quickly and smear it liberally on the tray, you put it in your mouth and push upward and wait a minute while it hardens up. Then you remove the tray with your impression and take it to your working area, . Then you mix the dental stone and pour it on the impression. When this goes off in about an hour, you put mold release on it. I just used furniture wax. Then you pour the two-pot dental acrylic over it noting where the soft tissue starts. If you look carefully at the dental stone there are little scars where the teeth used to be, this is where you set the new teeth. The plasticine is just temporary until you get a bit of acrylic on the front of the tooth a little blob will hold the teeth while you remove the plasticine and then you put a nice lot of it around the back of the teeth to hold them on the pallet. Then with a pencil, you draw around the set where you will trim off the excess. Then when you have eased the set off the stone. a Dremel with an acrylic cutter does a good job. Then boil the set for twenty minutes. Any high spots you just file down and finish with wet and dry. The repair acrylic will lose the pigment after a while, but you can use the pink molding acrylic, it works just the same and doesn't fade. The working time is about a minute so you have to be organized.
edit on 31-8-2022 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I made a few sets, the main thing is to get the agar impression right, so when you pour the dental stone over it you have a perfect impression of your mouth. The bottom sets sits on a very small amount of area, so why not the top set? I made a set with no pallet whatsoever, they literally felt like your own teeth but they had to have the fixative if you wanted to chew stake. In the end, i used the top set with a very small pallet, which doesn't need the fixative, as you literally couldn't get them out for twelve hours.

Just to recap. You get a tray that fits your mouth, you mix the agar nice and quickly and smear it liberally on the tray, you put it in your mouth and push upward and wait a minute while it hardens up. Then you remove the tray with your impression and take it to your working area, . Then you mix the dental stone and pour it on the impression. When this goes off in about an hour, you put mold release on it. I just used furniture wax. Then you pour the two-pot dental acrylic over it noting where the soft tissue starts. If you look carefully at the dental stone there are little scars where the teeth used to be, this is where you set the new teeth. The plasticine is just temporary until you get a bit of acrylic on the front of the tooth a little blob will hold the teeth while you remove the plasticine and then you put a nice lot of it around the back of the teeth to hold them on the pallet. Then with a pencil, you draw around the set where you will trim off the excess. Then when you have eased the set off the stone. a Dremel with an acrylic cutter does a good job. Then boil the set for twenty minutes. Any high spots you just file down and finish with wet and dry. The repair acrylic will lose the pigment after a while, but you can use the pink molding acrylic, it works just the same and doesn't fade. The working time is about a minute so you have to be organized.

cool,
i just worry about the teeth making them look real.

altho i wouldn't mind making some with big fangs or vampire like.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 05:10 AM
link   

The false teeth come laid out in the right order, they look like the real thing. But you can play around a lot if you want a bit of fun you can change the whole shape of your face. Actors use them all the time.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The false teeth come laid out in the right order, they look like the real thing. But you can play around a lot if you want a bit of fun you can change the whole shape of your face. Actors use them all the time.

yeah like a big gary Bussey smile

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   

edit on Wed Jun 14 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I had good teeth but when taking the epilepsy drugs many years ago, my teeth started to push up and would break when I ate. I guess when you are poisoned, the body tries to stop you from eating bad foods and pushes your teeth out. Well, the car insurance paid to pull them and for dentures, it was a direct result of the meds used to treat the epilepsy. It was approved at thirteen grand just to fix seven teeth but I saved them money by having them all pulled since the dentist and doctors said it will continue....but I quit the meds a year later.

Meanwhile, the teeth fit like crap, I could not even eat a sandwich...bad dentist doing the dental fitting...they were about three eights of an inch thick. I could not even open my mouth without them falling out. So no teeth...guess what, we have knives and forks and enzymes that disolved food in our mouths....I never knew that till I found we really do not need teeth these days.

I can eat a steak faster than the wife who has all her teeth. We have been led to believe that we need teeth to survive...brainwashing at it's finest.

This gem here is all I needed to know..

Still have my teeth but aging at the same rate as everyone else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join