It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People think, crypto-world is not able to be tracked.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Lol, keys are not on an exchange. They exist no where except in recorded handwritten form or a flash drive or where you yourself physically put it..
Even third party wallets tell you to record your key because you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECOVER YOUR WALLET without the phrase. (No third party wallets saves your phrases.)

If your a hacker, you can make your own wallet in 2 seconds through the open source code, including selecting your encryption.

Don't believe it for a second, that's not how wallets work.

The only way that would even be believable is if they uploaded a screenshot of the keywords to something like Google drive or Amazon. But if your hacking rich targets. You ain't going to leave a photo paper trail via screenshots on Amazon, or any other platform.

Liars, the lot of them.

Seriously how flipping stupid are these people? They gonna fake a hack on technology they don't even understand in depth. Like seriously, they need to learn the fricken basics.

Still waiting for them to change their story that they recovered it from an exchange and NOT a wallet.
100$ bet that they will. Because to many of us know how Bitcoin and the wallets work intimately, to many of us know how to read the code.

edit on 8-6-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Keep an eye on the exchange of you see large transactions go through, it should raise red flags.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackArrow
It wasn't about their encryption, they recovered the funds by "guessing a 16-32 random word wallet".

No? If their CSE was so good how did this happen in the first place?

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Apparently not but I'll keep digging.

intros.c64.org...

SEARCH RESULTS (13)
Alpha Flight 1970+Warriors of Darkness (1)
Armageddon [G*P+Darkness, The] (2)
Army of Darkness [AOD] (4)
Beastie Boys+Warriors of Darkness (1)
Cracking Team of Darkness [CTOD] (1)
Creatures of Darkness [COD] (2)
Dark Angels (4)
Dark Boys, The [TDB] (1)
Dark Lords, The [TDL] (2)
Darkness, The [TDS] (8)
Lord of Darkness, The [TLD] (1)
Ministry of Darkness [MOD] (1)
Warriors of Darkness [WOD] (5)

Close but no cigar ...

www.c64-hof.com...

Dark circle
Dark cracking brigade
Dark lords of chaos
Dark swords
Darkness, the
edit on 8-6-2021 by Cymru because: additional content

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Yep, that "darkside" organization doesn't exist either. I mean come on they are labelling this criminal organization off of star wars how cliche.

That straight up proves that the person behind it speaks English and is american. With a fantasy fetish, anyone know which democrat has a fetish for star wars?

Last proof of evidence is all but 7 Bitcoin was recovered. When you float in those hefty transaction feesx42 transfers.. all of said crypto was recovered.

hēi àn miàn
temnaya storona
Дарксайд

If you want to search china or Russia.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
And the value will really start to drop and drop and drop.

Oh well

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

It's dropping because they are selling the recovered coin increasing supply. Any time large sales occur on the block chain it can literally zero out the value.

Because people are buying partials and they are selling entirety. This makes the demand look less then the supply. So it needs like 100-200partial transactions/purchases to make up the 1 65coin sale.

Because of that standard algorithm, Bitcoin value can never really be valued. It's value is based on limited supply, which they are working to change.

Either way, I hope they shut down crypto currency. It's a 10+year old technology that has next to no room for growth as it's network based.

The idea can expand, but the reality is that crypto has reached its limit years ago on what is actually capable of happening.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackArrow

So did they extract the BTC from an exchange wallet, personal wallet or hardware wallet.

If its an exchange which sounds the most likely, then we have a conflict of interest of CEXs.

Any other problem indicates a BTC problem which is highly doubtful giving the way the software and ledger work.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
Virtual wallet, no arrests were made. No one was in custody, no suspects. They claimed they had the recovery phase sitting on their servers. Which honestly, if your smart enough to hack any business. You know you don't stick those files public, or have your passwords hosted on Amazon.

The BTC has been transferring all night to exchanges. (No way to know which exchange unless you have an incoming transaction from the matching exchange).

www.blockchain.com...

Transaction of over 30million.

www.blockchain.com...

The second is an obvious exchange.

I think, I am going to let this forum be. Various reasons that protect the US from more attacks/ideas like this. If you did read what I said and see that *if* it was a real hack, and with the technicality of the way things work. You will see that it will be better to leave it. If you are an American and value your country.

Let crypto fall and never touch it again.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   

So something akin to Exodus? Not an exchange?

Also the had the seed phrase? That seems to me beyond the pale in likelihood.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Have to, you can't recover a wallet any other way. Jim refresh the page, if your an American leave this one be.

PM me if you need to know why.

Yeay, they recovered the funds! Woohoo kick those terrorist asshats!

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Have to, you can't recover a wallet any other way. Jim refresh the page, of your an American leave this one be.

Yeay, they recovered the funds! Woohoo kick those terrorist asshats!

So create a beautiful sword worthy if slaying dragons.....then simply create the dragon.

Seems like a familiar...albeit profitable strategy.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I don't use passwords. I have a chip implanted in my brain, bridging my frontal and parietal lobes, with a wifi adapter. So I can basically network with machines telepathically.

How can your wallet possible be safe when the thing it's holding is mined by cracking military-grade encryption?

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rounda

Reread my posts carefully. Going into further info then what is said. Is a bad thing, even what I said was bad and provided to much info.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Reread my posts carefully. Going into further info then what is said. Is a bad thing, even what I said was bad and provided to much info.

I'm very familiar with crypto and I have no idea what you're alluding to with this, nor with telling Americans to leave it alone.

I think there's a high likelihood that the dude giving the information is being careless with his terminology, so whatever you think his statement implied may be due misunderstanding or lack of information.

It could also be that part of the huge bust that just went down included harvesting info from the compromised message app rather than them cracking a code or having already had control of the wallet.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Don't need to re-read it.

The FBI obtained the wallet key, then pocketed half of the money.

They admitted it. Well, not the pocketing the money part. But they've been doing that for years. They use bitcoin tumblers to hide the take.

I dunno what you're afraid of...

It's a completely unregulated market, created out of thin air, sold as the next big thing... just to take more of your money.

It's fake product, with no real world value. As in, you can't hold it in your hand and show it to someone and say, "I'll trade you for this." It's only value is in speculation, which makes you hesitant to show it to someone and say, "I'll trade you for this." So then it becomes a "store of value." Except the price is so volatile due to speculation, market manipulation, and -- I'll bet you everything I own -- a battle for 51% control between various countries.

It doesn't solve the problem it set out to solve - i.e., transferring currency quickly and cheaply. I can Venmo someone instantly, for free. Takes half an hour and 10% fees to transfer some bitcoin.

It's not anonymous. It's a paper trail that has been laminated, bronzed, and then had portraits painted of it. If any agency suspects you of illegal activity, it is very possible to trace every transaction to every wallet. Even "anonymous" coins or protecting yourself with a VPN or TOR is bull#. If you control the exit node, you control the data. And guess who controls most of the exit nodes? In the case of TOR, the Navy.

Oh, and it ain't new, either. We've been doing distributed computing since the 60s and 70s... the Internet used to be distributed until the corporations bought in. And we've had distributed database storage for quite some time, too.

And, to top it all off, you are literally rewarded bitcoin for cracking the same encryption your wallet uses to store your password.

So, if you're surprised the FBI is shaving money off the top of a racket so blatantly based on bull#, I dunno what to tell you.
edit on 8-6-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join