It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Arrogance

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: TzarChasm

" Intelligence is genetic? Oh boy. "

Yes , Absolutely . Do some Research on the Subject of Genetics and Intelligence instead of Trying to Bust my Chops Mr. Cat . I have Dealth with your Kind Before on here....................*)

"Dealth" I think we all know what kind of intelligence we are working with here.

The kind of clever intelligence that thinks a cat video proves a point. lol
edit on 21-6-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Im with you there, BS, and MS paid for in full took every single penny of the gi bill/post 911 tack on but got through it.

Now I just need the career change.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I have take half-a-dozen online IQ tests and end up scoring between 138-146. I'm not interested in taking another one, nor is that a "flex" of anything.

I'm also not a conservative, but I'm far from liberal, so I figured that I'd just let you know what I have scored in the past, since you asked. You know, just for fun. One thing to note is that IQ tests are revised relatively often, and the goal is to make a score of 100 be the global average--that makes it hard to compare modern IQs with historical ones because the median keeps changing.

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy. You're not obligated to share anything.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

No, I wasn't obligated, but I did anyhow to play along, since you requested that people take the test. I guess I should apologize because you apparently didn't like my response?

But I hate to break it to you, but you didn't point out any hypocrisy; you tried to play a gotcha game with Edumakated, and it didn't work out in your favor, so you resorted to name-calling and being dismissive of people trying to play along with you. People don't have to take the exact same test as done in the video to have a general knowledge of their IQ--similar to how I didn't take the test, but I certainly know the range of mine from previous tests.

You, sir, are just being pretentious and condescending to the OP when you say things like this:

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I didn't miss the point of the video at all. It appears you missed the irony of exhibiting approximately the same arrogant condescension she displayed previously to exposing her actual intelligence via the IQ test which you conveniently neglected to participate in. And I said it would be funny if you were similarly humbled by the aforementioned test.

I guess we'll never know.

¯|_(ツ)_/¯

And like this.

Farting in your right wing echo chamber every time it gets a little too smug is one of my civic duties. I also can't resist poking at the irony of a jackass mocking another jackass.

I have an IQ high enough to know that you are no longer worth any more wasted minutes of my life on this topic.

Best regards.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
There is a certain attitude from the left that they are smarter than most others around them, especially Conservatives. Much of this comes from the acidemia world where Professors feel they should run the world while they spend their whole lives in a protected bubble. They typically don't do well in the real world and it really pisses them off to see a successful Conservative in their own professional area while they are not, or can not do the same, but boy their can lecture about how it is done...lol

Liberals also love titles and degrees as some form of proof of just how smart they are, it is very important to them, while we rarely see a Conservative as a professional student.

I saw a TED talk on IQ and it was very interesting in the approach of what that means. I feel IQ in general is a very limited focus and only explain a small amount of intelligence and capabilities. As example what does it mean when a person has a 90 IQ but learns to play the guitar in a month at near professional level that another person with 160 may not be able to do ever? So here below is the more focused areas as to what IQ really means, well until you get into high levels of genius which would be like 140+.

85 to 110... Is average, and these people take longer to learn things and so have tendencies to learn something really good and stay with it while having little desire to learn other new things since it takes them so long.

110- 125... Typical manager level of leading people, a little easier to lean new things. What a person with a 90 could take a month to learn a person with 120 might learn it in 3 days.

125 to 140... Engineering and professional level careers, these people can be successful learning things very quickly and understand high concepts and high end math.

The funny part is it can be common to see the guy with a 90 IQ being very successful and the 140 IQ a failure in life, so outside of this above I don't put too much merit on IQ all by itself.

edit on 23-6-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
I watched this video and found it complete bull#. Pure conservative propaganda. It starts out asking a large number of those conservative questions and then very quickly answers all of them, in essence, confirming suspicions a listener might have, in esssence, telling viewers what to think.

It runs out the litany of slurs that conservatives always, I mean always attribute to all liberals .

Well the first one is from a Conservative podcaster, so yes there is a Conservative slant to it. The second one is the actual test and so are you talking about that one as being Conservative BS?

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
There is a certain attitude from the left that they are smarter than most others around them, especially Conservatives. Much of this comes from the acidemia world where Professors feel they should run the world while they spend their whole lives in a protected bubble. They typically don't do well in the real world and it really pisses them off to see a successful Conservative in their own professional area while they are not, or can not do the same, but boy their can lecture about how it is done...lol

Liberals also love titles and degrees as some form of proof of just how smart they are, it is very important to them, while we rarely see a Conservative as a professional student.

I saw a TED talk on IQ and it was very interesting in the approach of what that means. I feel IQ in general is a very limited focus and only explain a small amount of intelligence and capabilities. As example what does it mean when a person has a 90 IQ but learns to play the guitar in a month at near professional level that another person with 160 may not be able to do ever? So here below is the more focused areas as to what IQ really means, well until you get into high levels of genius which would be like 140+.

85 to 110... Is average, and these people take longer to learn things and so have tendencies to learn something really good and stay with it while having little desire to learn other new things since it takes them so long.

110- 125... Typical manager level of leading people, a little easier to lean new things. What a person with a 90 could take a month to learn a person with 120 might learn it in 3 days.

125 to 140... Engineering and professional level careers, these people can be successful learning things very quickly and understand high concepts and high end math.

The funny part is it can be common to see the guy with a 90 IQ being very successful and the 140 IQ a failure in life, so outside of this above I don't put too much merit on IQ all by itself.

I don't place much merit on IQ scores either.

I don't think that sort of labelling of folk has much place in the real world. I know people with very large IQ's who have no common sense at all!

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

It is clear you missed the point of the video. The woman thought she was so smart and clearly proclaimed herself to be smarter than the other participants, particularly the military guy with less education. I have done neither...

The one girl truly thought she was the smartest because she had a PhD, from where and in what we don't really know, she also had 5+ years on everyone else for school too. I don't consider myself as having a high IQ, and I have many limitations that I recognize, but I been extremely successful in very diverse careers I have had over the years always exceeding my peers each time. Two of those careers were in the military where I reached the highest levels I could, and one is my recent one where I am a senior manager in Boeing, so not too bad.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Maybe if you put up a link to it you might get some takers

Here it is.

www.free-iqtest.net...

Personally I think the funniest part of this topic is how everyone seems to be taking an online IQ test at face value and then mocking the participants for their intelligence. Did nobody bother to do basic research about this software before jumping to conclusions?

But I digress. Knock yourself out.

I got 136

130 - 144 Gifted (2.3% of test takers) (of superior intelligence)

I knew it, i knew it i freakin' knew it. Im goddam gifted lol.

edit on 23/6/21 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I don't think that sort of labelling of folk has much place in the real world. I know people with very large IQ's who have no common sense at all!

So I work with engineers and agree with you 100%...lol

Here is a recent funny story, I'm out "supervising" engineers on a piece of equipment they designed and they were trying to get a compass heading off some crappy compass. One engineer told another to stand about 50 feet away and he took a reading. Then he told the guy to move 2 feet and then looked confused as he said it was the same reading on the compass so it must be broken. I was like dude.... the guy moved two feet which isn't even one degree on your crappy compass that reads in roughly 10 degree increments lol

I think I could tell a 100 more of these...

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

So I work with engineers and agree with you 100%...lol

Here is a recent funny story, I'm out "supervising" engineers on a piece of equipment they designed and they were trying to get a compass heading off some crappy compass. One engineer told another to stand about 50 feet away and he took a ready. Then he told the guy to move 2 feet and then looked confused as he said it was the same reading on the compass so it must be broken. I was like dude.... the guy moved two feet which isn't even one degree on your crappy compass that reads in roughly 10 degree increments lol

I think I could tell a 100 more of these...

Probably apocryphal but anyway:

blogs.agu.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I got 96 but then I got bored and just started guessing. I have a very low attention span....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join