It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you Greatest Generation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: HONROC

Exactly

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
Try and sell that bs to someone who survived the holocaust.
The German nazis were the largest threat to a free world in the last century.
What Germany did was of its OWN free will.
No one made that filth elevate hitler, but themselves.
Those sacrifices remembered today were to rid the world of that filth. Thank God they did.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

And the ones that survived to exist were then.......subjected to the same atrocities by their own governments that they used to accuse Hitler of

www.cdc.gov...

In 1932, the USPHS, working with the Tuskegee Institute, began a study to record the natural history of syphilis. It was originally called the “Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the Negro Male” (now referred to as the “USPHS Syphilis Study at Tuskegee”). The study initially involved 600 Black men – 399 with syphilis, 201 who did not have the disease. Participants’ informed consent was not collected

Or
suindependent.com...

Wars often mean death, but that death is generally on some battlefield facing an enemy. But now our military is faced with another kind of death while we languish to find an answer why there are so many Gulf War veterans dying.

Our government has so far failed to find the answer, while scientists already have. The general response from government has been to deny the problem, like it did over Agent Orange. Now it’s the Gulf War Syndrome (GWS). But these maladies exist, and there are too many Gulf War veterans dying from them.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

If you're too lazy to do your own reality check then why should I be bothered.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Balls of steel.

Incredibly brave men each and every one of them and we owe them a debt that can never be repaid and should never, ever be forgotten.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

If you're too lazy to do your own reality check then why should I be bothered.

Throw your crap wherever you like.
It is expected of primates.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Balls of steel.

Incredibly brave men each and every one of them and we owe them a debt that can never be repaid and should never, ever be forgotten.

We agree.
Even those too obstinate or stupid to see owe.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Indeed.

I took this thread as wanting to honour those who fought for our freedom under great adversity whilst showing incredible bravery.
Far too many paid the ultimate sacrifice.

I don't think your intention was to glorify war in any shape or form.

Its not about bitching on about wars and conflicts that have happened since or belittling generations that have followed.
Its simply about honouring those people who served WWII and the fight against fascism.

We need to remember the horrors of WWII and the events that led to it and ensure that nothing on that scale ever happens again.

I struggle to understand how anyone could have an issue with that?

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: HONROC
Ask a soldier that has done multiple , multiple tours in the war in afghanistan if he thinks he could not do what thee world war 2 vets did.

I don't think they would, I wouldn't and I'm a boomer. We live today in a world of participation trophies, and people saying work is too hard...
edit on 6-6-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Are Gen X'ers the redheaded stepkids or something? I married one, I know they exist & aren't a myth like unicorns, lol.

Maybe, the millennials kind of took the lime light, but not in a good way. Gen X'er are like Boomer light.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

How better if we keep going to war for the same undisclosed reasons?

It wasn't just wars, massive increase in Americas infrastructure, technology, medicine etc That gen took us to the moon...

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Those Able Bodied Men of that Time were willing to Exchange their Lives to Preserve Freedom and Demoracy for Future Generations . Can the Same be Said of the SO CALLED Men of Today ? Hmm.......

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: HONROC
a reply to: M5xaz

I don't think I am the one with the ego, I don't claim to be the greatest anything. I believe the anyone that accepts the label greatest anything have the ego problem

I have served and accept it was a job I chose, I stepped up and fought when it was my time and do not think that makes you great that you did the right thing, and all of you getting mad at me ask any cop, or military member and most will tell you the same thing and I bet those in the greatest generation would say the same thing. I am not discounting what they did.

Yes.
You are discounting what they did.

They first lived through the Great Depression
Then, they fought the Japanese empire AND the Nazis, at the same time, and won.

AND, 77 years ago today, 6 June 1944, over 156,000 men stormed the beaches of Normandy.

Yes, thank you for your service, but objectively, their service was GREATER.

Enough with your jealousy
edit on 6-6-2021 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Always amazed by the Yanks contribution to WW2, also Canada and the West Indies UK and French colonies................... While the rest of the world from China, UK, Soviet Union, India, etc were literally fighting for the lives of their wives and children, the people of the Americas could quite easily have gone into isolation mode and continued to develop their new world.

Yet they didn't go into isolation mode at all, they spearheaded the free world into defeating an evil all over the Planet Earth and did the people here a saving service that will never be forgotten. I'm amazed that the general public in the Americas actually wanted anything to do with the old world when in many ways it had caused them to set sail for a new world free of the nonsense that they decided to go back and defeat for the good of humanity. Totally amazing and something that I a Brit and I hope many others on Planet Earth will never forget.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

" Totally amazing and something that I a Brit and I hope many others on Planet Earth will never forget. "

Ja , und denken Sie daran, was die Lads getan haben, um Merry Ole England zu bewahren, und Gott sei Dank sprechen Sie jetzt nicht Deutsch. ............................

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I took this thread as wanting to honour those who fought for our freedom under great adversity whilst showing incredible bravery.
Far too many paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Exactly.

Too many died in the water and on the beaches 77 years ago today.
Their sacrifice ensured our freedom.
Never forget!

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
I wish we had the same cooperation now as the allies had then.
We could fix LOTS of problems.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

Well , the Term " Greatest Generation " was referring to those Men who Lost their Lives and NEVER Came back Home during that War . I Thank God my Father Survived it , or I would not be here Right Now .

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

It is not jealousy, you guys talk like they chose to live through the great depression and like they chose the enemy they fought, if the same thing happened today we would get through it , you have no choice but to diesel through the crap that is dealt to you.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   

All I heard was 3day weekend.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join