It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockdown 'had no effect' on coronavirus pandemic in Germany

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam
We should do yearly sport fests and we have some. But we should encourage it and make it a lifestyle thing.

We have this thing called Bundesjugendspiele. It's a yearly sport event done in all schools, from elementary until end of what would amount high school and college. A bit like the Olympics, with most you can imagine that can done with sports gear, you can compete in it with everyone in the same class year (everyone in the country in 1. 2. 3.... class for each).

At the end you can win a small prize. We should embrace this for adults too. Bit like Sparta but let's not over do it.. because history...but serious I think we should make two additional holidays:

One for the above and one to think about what useless and overestricting laws could be removed..

Pipedreams.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I enjoyed the Wandervereins in Germany. Nothing like a ten kilometer walk punctuated by a beer and sausage at the finish.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: F5thCav
The wanderverein is the group that likes to go wandern, it's organized like a club. You enjoyed the Wanderungen

Ah nothing beats a cold, but not too cold Hefeweizen in the fresh summer evening air, after a day of work or hiking.

Hey of course there's going to be a mandatory beer fest at the evening for the adults and everyone over 16. Replenish precious body fluids with high mineral beverages, like beer.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Actually, the Verein (I mean the people) were okay too. Walked with a few of those clubs as I moved around a bit. And yes, the actual walking in fields, forests, and towns was fun. Seemed like the German youth were getting away from participating in such things, they preferred to "wander" in shopping centers.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: F5thCav
Got it

If you know our more rural regions then you know there's not a lot to do. Bet on the fact that the rural youth knows the region very well because what you do all day. Things may have changed the last twenty years with internet and mobile phones though.

I blame the parents too. But going back to topic, during the lockdown, I noticed more people on forest roads and on wanderwege as usual. More biking and fresh air activities.

More trash too. A lot don't really look around while walking. The trees have so much to tell you, that sounds stupid while typing but I mean the location, grouping, way of growing, old wounds, symbiotic plants, animal roads in the forest. Animal crossings. The local deer, if you are not too noisy but also not too silent, basical they need to know where you are and they know you're not danger. You can then watch them. Normal talking is just perfect. We often see young deer and then we just stop moving. They see moving things better and you can watch them.

You know this of course. I didn't ask yet where you are from? You don't need to answer this, just saying.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Yes, the trees are a world of their own. I've sat, alone, on steep hillsides that were thick with silver birches, with only the birds occasionally making a bit of noise. Wonderful experience.

Hmm. Would be interesting if one of the side-effects of the lockdowns was to motivate people to get more exercise.

I am from all over the USA but have been lost in Europe for a long, long time.

Cheers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join