It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China threatens nuclear war.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: sapien82

Its the harmful to its own survival part i have issue.

Fair play virus exist in the micro universe, but at the macro scale we would seem to tick that box in spades. LoL

Without viruses through, life and the planet, as we know it would cease to exist, but it will get by just fine without us.

All life on Earth is God's creation. All life on Earth has a role to play in the ecosystem. Virus main role is controlling cell population, which explodes and depletes Earth's resource in the absence of virus. We humans like to think virus as evil, but predators are not necessarily evil.
edit on 9-6-2021 by YongPeng because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: YongPeng

aye isnt that the goal of a virus to not be so deadly as if its deadly it will kill off all of its potential hosts
and therefore wont be able to replicate
so over time if it becomes less deadly then it will be able to infect more hosts and continue to replicate and evolve
kind of how like some viruses transferred from being transmitted to sexually transmitted so it could infect more people.
It's goal is to remain alive and evolving

the thing that still bothers me is that the rate of replication would mean there are countless trillions of mutations that could occur and it always seems to be the 0.00000001% chance that the mutation is beneficial and makes it more deadly or harder to cure or whatever than the countless trillions that are not beneficial and actually cause its extinction.

or is it simply we dont report on the countless trillions that are not beneficial and only focus our news on the mutations that are making it more deadly or infectious etc

edit on 9-6-2021 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Proof of that might be nice.

Not that i wont at least entertain the prospect of a creator or creator force.

But until the big dude chimes up evolution is getting that derry.

We Humans are a sort of virus YongPeng at the macro scale, given what we do in spades in synonymous with such.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Proof of that might be nice.

Not that i wont at least entertain the prospect of a creator or creator force.

But until the big dude chimes up evolution is getting that derry.

We Humans are a sort of virus YongPeng at the macro scale, given what we do in spades in synonymous with such.

Humans have no natural predator you say? Wrong. Virus predates on humans on the cellular level and the macro level. While it is true human population has exploded in recent centuries thanks to modern science and medicine. Continuing like so will only doom the human population like what happened to Titans. Over population and depletion of Earth's natural resource. So are virus necessarily evil? I think not.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Where did i say "Humans have no natural predator"?

Everything has its time and season YongPenp, even humanity.

Our Earth moves in epochs you see, and you can take that one to the bank.

Virus are not evil, good and evil are very human constructs, nature entertains no such illusion.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

aye isnt that the goal of a virus to not be so deadly as if its deadly it will kill off all of its potential hosts
and therefore wont be able to replicate
so over time if it becomes less deadly then it will be able to infect more hosts and continue to replicate and evolve
kind of how like some viruses transferred from being transmitted to sexually transmitted so it could infect more people.
It's goal is to remain alive and evolving

the thing that still bothers me is that the rate of replication would mean there are countless trillions of mutations that could occur and it always seems to be the 0.00000001% chance that the mutation is beneficial and makes it more deadly or harder to cure or whatever than the countless trillions that are not beneficial and actually cause its extinction.

or is it simply we dont report on the countless trillions that are not beneficial and only focus our news on the mutations that are making it more deadly or infectious etc

Yeah I mean more deadly virus draws more attentions to itself. Think why humans eradicated smallpox and don't care about mild ones like common cold, flu, covid. Mild ones don't draw attention and people leave them alone.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Of all the things that can hurt us sapien82, im feart of what we will do, as opposed to anything nature decides to chuck in our direction.

We are designed to adapt and overcome, just maybe not ourselves.

We might just be our own great filter.
edit on 9-6-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Of all the things that can hurt us sapien82, im feart of what we will do, as opposed to anything nature decides to chuck in our direction.

We are designed to adapt and overcome, just maybe not ourselves.

We might just be our own great filter.

Agreed. Intelligent beings have a tendency to wipe themselves out after they achieve a certain level of scientific and technological progress. Think Atlanteans.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Mate tis proof you are after.

At least go with something credible like Göbekli Tepe or Theopetra Cave.

Atlantis is a tale and a 2nd hand one at that.

As to intelligent beings who wipe themselves out, i have to question the intelligent part im afraid.

We are semi intelligent monkeys that exist with in a very specific environment and pressure envelope, on a rock with water and a little atmosphere, spinning though space, around our Sun, we have been lucky thus far.
edit on 9-6-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: FingerMan

The government of these totalitarian regimes' main flaw is that the first enemy is the people that they exploit, one wrong move in this numbers game and they know that they are history.

Thanks for that.

That's a really good way to say it!!!

originally posted by: YongPeng

I don't have to prove anything I didn't make the claim but I totally agree that whoever did sure as # should have the evidence to prove otherwise, but China could easily save face on international grounds could help prove that claim wrong by being as open and transparent as possible with the international investigation into the origins of the virus but no they decide to threaten the West with nuclear war.

That doesn't seem suspect in the slightest

There's nothing special about the virus. You can find coronavirus all over the place in birds, mammals including humans. It's been infecting humans for millennia. It's not a bio weapon.

If it's a bio weapon you can't even make a vaccine for it, it be like HIV which no vaccine works.

This is not to say China does not have bio weapon virus. China certainly has bio weapon virus. There is no vaccine that can be made against Chinese bio weapon virus. It is like HIV. No vaccine works against Chinese bio weapon virus.

The trait that made Corona a pandemic was its ability to lie dormant after it infects someone. That makes it hard to figure out who "patient zero" is. Or trace who infected who, or guess who has it now.

So you can't quarantine.

(This trait also provides no benefit whatsoever, in an animal population, since they don't have quarantine procedures.)

That trait is what people mean when they talk about "gain of function" research.

They took a naturally occurring disease, and gave it an ability it doesn't naturally have. (Indeed, a trait that virtually no disease operating in the animal kingdom EVER has.)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'm thinking most of those civilisations from various historical periods who expanded too much and their empire fell from pressure , or they were wiped out via disease or lack of natural resources.

That's the thing that always makes me skeptical , if these civilisations were apparently so great and have high technology , then what the # happened to them all?

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I'm thinking most of those civilisations from various historical periods who expanded too much and their empire fell from pressure , or they were wiped out via disease or lack of natural resources.

That's the thing that always makes me skeptical , if these civilisations were apparently so great and have high technology , then what the # happened to them all?

Dems keep telling us it was climate change.

Apparently forgetting that dems also claim that humans only started causing climate change around 1800.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Consider that the only thing we will leave around after a few 100,000 years should we disappear would be plastic, possibly trace amounts of nasty radiation here and there.

Life has been here for a while, if sentient life did exist on Earth it could well have simple disappeared down to geology and geography long before we were ever a twinkle in natures eye.

I would like to know the answers to those questions also sapien82 all the same.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

Epochs somewhat transcend that right vs left simplistic ideology Nunyabizisit.

Change in inevitably in the post.

And the Earth dont give a rats arse as to our political motivations.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Consider that the only thing we will leave around after a few 100,000 years should we disappear would be plastic, possibly trace amounts of nasty radiation here and there.

Life has been here for a while, if sentient life did exist on Earth it could well have simple disappeared down to geology and geography long before we were ever a twinkle in natures eye.

I would like to know the answers to those questions also sapien82 all the same.

"Life has been here for a while, if sentient life did exist on Earth it could well have simple disappeared down to geology and geography long before we were ever a twinkle in natures eye.
"

Completely agree.

We have gotten pretty good at discovering evidence from the most recent past though.

I think any previous advanced civilization therefore must be much farther in the past than most people are currently able to comprehend.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Epochs somewhat transcend that right vs left simplistic ideology Nunyabizisit.

Change in inevitably in the post.

And the Earth dont give a rats arse as to our political motivations.

I agree that Earth doesn't care about, or even recognize our motivations.

But our actions obviously have consequences.

The current CCP actions are very concerning.

Their recent nuke threats are even more concerning, regardless of their motivations.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Our petty political, racial, religious and geographical squabbles are always ""very concerning"" Nunyabizisit.

Don't know what age you are mate but i simply cannot recall peace on Earth in all my 45 revolutions around the Sun.

Its simply a distraction so we don't see the real picture, divide and conquer 101, so as the status quo remain in place.

And "They" don't care much about imaginary lines on maps.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Our petty political, racial, religious and geographical squabbles are always ""very concerning"" Nunyabizisit.

Don't know what age you are mate but i simply cannot recall peace on Earth in all my 45 revolutions around the Sun.

Its simply a distraction so we don't see the real picture, divide and conquer 101, so as the status quo remain in place.

And "They" don't care much about imaginary lines on maps.

I agree with nearly all of that.

Not completely though, because at least some of 'them' appear to care very much about lines on maps.

I don't like it either.

edit on 10-6-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

aye ive seen war on tv since I can remember watching the first gulf war on tv in primary school
and every year since , war on tv

everything they tell us is half truths or just complete lies.

If the world really wanted peace , we'd have figured it out by now , but they dont want that they want complete dependence on the state , and complete control of the worlds population so that the rich can stay rich and we continue feeding the coffers.
But it will all come to an end soon as the decadence and consumerism and greed will eventually lead to the complete pollution of the earth and our food , most animals will die off completely all forest will turn to deserts and we will fight over clean water and fresh air.

So thankfully this species of greed and needless suffering will also come to an end
so there is that nice hopeful thought.

I just wish we could bring them all to justice and find a balance with the planet , but who am I , im poor and no body , and all the people like me are so busy buried in identity politics and the game of life and consumerism to even care

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There is no economic way to do that so long as society believes it needs a favorable young to old ratio.

Favorable young to old ratio means a perpetually increasing population. Perpetually increasing population absolutely guarantees shortages. If not for today's size, then for tomorrow's size. (There is no "one size fits any number" resource configuration.)

But automation gets better every day. We soon won't need a favorable young to old ratio.

So the question is: will our leaders let it change?

They've gotten so skilled at throwing human beings off of cliffs, like so many lemings running into the ocean. Are they going to be ok living in a system that doesn't require periodic culling? Where a willingness to be the psychopath who decides which people to cull and which to just impoverish, .... when that doesn't count as a good thing?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join