It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Details Emerge On The "Highly Modified Drone" That Outran Police Helicopters Over Tucson

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Interesting - but doesn't have to be nefarious.

Could just be some whiz kid who modified their drone and was having some fun, until they realized... ooops!

Doubt it. Whomever modified the drone must have knowledge of how fast police and military helos can fly. Can any kid search that online? Sure, but whomever did this is an expert in electronics, avionics, and police/military tactics. Whomever did this knew the drone would be followed, and knew how to escape the police and military.

IMO this wasn't done by just any wiz kid. Whomever did it is either a military expert himself/herself, or could be a military/police contractor that knows their procedures, tactics, etc. Or, of course some foreign spy such as the Chinese. I would bet that this is some form of recon of that military base for some sinister motive. I kind of doubt the military, police, and FBI would mistake a UFO for a modified drone.

I really doubt this was done by any drug cartel. Why would they be surveying an Air Force military base? When someone surveys a military base is to attack it somehow, or to steal something, and I really doubt the Mexican drug cartels want to get involved in something like that.

edit on 5-6-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Would it be that hard to make a Jet drone? No!

how would it communicate?
radio or moblie phone?
they need to set up jamers for both.

then just add a program to fly it home if signal lost.
Home as in a safe place to land that
they can look over and get it back if safe.

FASTEST RC TURBINE MODEL JET IN ACTION 727KMH 451MPH FLIGHT
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Yesterday while cooking on the grill and just before some Stormy Weather pulled through, my eye was caught by a series of small airplane looking things that when I described them to my husband he said they were drones. There was about two dozen of them that shot across the sky. They looked like airplanes but small. Some of them appeared to be pulling some kind of box behind the airplane and they did not make a sound at all. We do not live near any major airport. We have a very small airport here. Not used commercially.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I suppose this could be something to have in mind for this case.

A World First? A.I. Drones may have hunted and killed humans on battlefield.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I know some people at work that build really nice drones and they have the means to weaponize them among other things.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Actually probably not people have a new fad using racing drones. People spend thousands to build their drones. but everything you need can be purchased right from amazon.

Then you have people that build RC planes and they are amazing

edit on 6/6/21 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Is this some terrorist cell in the U.S.? Is it China's Communist Party? Or did some idiot that has the technical know-how modify this drone for some dark purpose?

Interesting - but doesn't have to be nefarious.

Could just be some whiz kid who modified their drone and was having some fun, until they realized... ooops!

That's what I was thinking, some high schoolers playing with their tech toys. I mean come on, don't write them off, between some of the robotics whizzes and the teenages friggin' pulling off gene research in their basements.

Considering that, a suped up drone & a couple of teens taking it for a Play Chicken joyride does not see too far-fetched offhand.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join