It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Promising New Cancer Therapy - Uh-oh - Light Activated!

page: 1

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Scottish researchers are working on a promising new therapy that uses UV light to activate a combined therapy compound.

The team combined a tiny cancer-killing molecule SeNBD and a chemical food compound that the insatiable cancer cells enjoy, creating a “metabolic warhead.” The combination prevents the cancer cells from identifying the threat and readily ingesting the SeNBD that seeks to destroy them in studies done to date. The deadly molecule is also a light-activated photosensitizer. This quality means it goes to work when a surgeon quite literally turns it on. Pretty ironic, given the media freak-out when President Trump posited that UV light might be a treatment for some illnesses.

So this is basically the chemical equivalent of poisoned rat bait for cancer cells. A surgeon bathes the area of the tumor with it and lets the cancer chow down and then he shines light on it, activating the poison and killing the cells. This would basically be done with an embolization procedure I would guess assuming it makes it into human trials. Right now, it's just cell culture.

But if it does make it through the gauntlet, it would be a highly precise treatment since the compounds don't affect nearby healthy cells even if they wander into those tissues. It also has the added benefit of not needing to break through the cancer cell defenses by being happily eaten like a rat taking the bait.

Another potential application exists with drug resistant bacterial strains too.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yet another one ... but alas ... always a promise never fulfilled.

So many cures and all locked up by big pharma, never to see the light of day.

I have been watching these cures get announced since 1975.

Donate, donate, donate to find a cure for cancer ... the cure that never comes.

Bad, bad world.

P

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Bad, bad world.

P

It brings to mind the "Second Opinion" underground group and the documentary made on the subject about Sloan-Kettering and Laetrile testing in the 1970's.

I went to add the YouTube link to the documentary, but it isn't there anymore.

So I guess we shouldn't talk about it.

Start here if you don't know about it.... Second Opinion Film

Although you probably do.

edit on 3-6-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Yeah. It's always that carrot that dwindles off into the 10-15 year scientific trials to ensure that it's perfectly safe, and never to be seen again. Because God forbid that anyone, who is dying anyway, should suffer any effects from the treatment, oooohh noooooo can't be having that with the biggest killer on the planet.

The bottom line is, if it's not a maintenance medicine it doesn't make the shelves ..... vaccines .... booster shots ...... # sick a$$ clownworld.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sadly it will be banned like every other cure out there. Because say 1 person doesn't respond well to that particular treatment 20 seconds from dying. It doesn't save them so its just trash. Despite it working on 100 other patients not as far into the progression.

Its happened with shattering cells, its happened with the medical treatment the mexicans came up with back in 2014. Its happened with the UK cure's in 2009, its happened with like 7 US cures since the 1970s.

Cancer is worth to much money, when you count pills, radiation injection, alternative therapies, becoming a lab rat to science - eager to take any 'experimental' therapy/drugs they see fit.. after all your going to die anyway. So everyone expects that of you, so they don't have to follow the same regulations.. (kinda seems a moot point now... when they can get away with 2 months testing of covid vaccines.. instead of 6 mandatory months, followed by another 8 months human trials - the regulations was one of the biggest reasons why they refused to cure cancer.. so who knows maybe it will 'pass').. then add in the costs of ointment creams mix that in with death and funeral costs, since most cancer patients then donate their unaffected organs to people, then infected organs to science.. Its a cash cow for big pharma.

More then likely the guy will wind up dead by bus, gang, or some other random 'accident', as soon as he proves it works. Then his papers will be seized and destroyed.(not really destroyed just handed over to government officials for personal use/patents that prevent others from coming up with the same tech while labelling it 'fake').
edit on 3-6-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I agree that these treatments are great headlines and then sit on shelf collet dust never to be heard of again!

But this one is actually BRILLIANT ! It perfect isolates it to the cancer since you shine the light there !! While other cells sit back and watch ! Actually have high hopes for this ! and hell yes it does have many other uses outside cancer !!!

Gonna be watching this treatment for sure !!

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I study how not to get cancer. Hopefully my research pays off so I don't need cancer treatment. The thing to remember about cancer is that it is a fast dividing cell line, so it absorbs more of the compounds that cause it's destruction and when it gets fired up the immune system can find it. Too much antioxidants are not good, they block cancers detection and destruction.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think the reason why this treatment will remain largely experimental is the light activation aspect. Many cancers don't present themselves nicely for the camera and say 'cheese', they're embedded in the host organ.

And why the hell shouldn't cancer treatment be pain and side-effect free? What sort of stupid statement is that? My cancer was completely asymptomatic, it was the treatment that was debilitating and left lifelong changes.

Cancer does not have cures, no-one has found one. All it has are treatments. Those treatments take time to develop and fine-tune, and it kind of helps if they don't kill the patient.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

[quote Pretty ironic, given the media freak-out when President Trump posited that UV light might be a treatment for some illnesses.

Wouldn’t be surprised if trump had seen a memo on this and gotten his sh!t mixed up!

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
"Pretty ironic, given the media freak-out when President Trump posited that UV light might be a treatment for some illnesses."

Wouldn’t be surprised if trump had seen a memo on this and gotten his sh!t mixed up!

No, I'm pretty sure he was talking about UV blood irradiation.

An amazing, extremely effective (no known pathogens can survive it) treatment killed off and shelved when antibiotics came on the market.
edit on 4-6-2021 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Scottish researchers are working on a promising new therapy that uses UV light to activate a combined therapy compound.

The team combined a tiny cancer-killing molecule SeNBD and a chemical food compound that the insatiable cancer cells enjoy, creating a “metabolic warhead.” The combination prevents the cancer cells from identifying the threat and readily ingesting the SeNBD that seeks to destroy them in studies done to date. The deadly molecule is also a light-activated photosensitizer. This quality means it goes to work when a surgeon quite literally turns it on. Pretty ironic, given the media freak-out when President Trump posited that UV light might be a treatment for some illnesses.

So this is basically the chemical equivalent of poisoned rat bait for cancer cells. A surgeon bathes the area of the tumor with it and lets the cancer chow down and then he shines light on it, activating the poison and killing the cells. This would basically be done with an embolization procedure I would guess assuming it makes it into human trials. Right now, it's just cell culture.

But if it does make it through the gauntlet, it would be a highly precise treatment since the compounds don't affect nearby healthy cells even if they wander into those tissues. It also has the added benefit of not needing to break through the cancer cell defenses by being happily eaten like a rat taking the bait.

Another potential application exists with drug resistant bacterial strains too.

We've been using UV Light therapy in cancer trials for years now. It's gaining good progress and there are more and more protocols opening annually with each passing year.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Never been too sure about this story but my wife once worked with an Iranian lady whose husband was apparently a medical researcher. He was apparently working on a cheap, effective cure for cancer. He died of sudden heart failure, no warnings, about a month after talking to his funders about his results. He was in his 40's still relatively young.

Again, i don't know how true this is, but i don't really have any reason to doubt it. I met my wife's old coworker, she was a practical no nonsense kind.of person. Not the kind of person i could see making something like that up. But who really knows?

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: McGinty
"Pretty ironic, given the media freak-out when President Trump posited that UV light might be a treatment for some illnesses."

No, I'm pretty sure he was talking about UV blood irradiation.

An amazing, extremely effective (no known pathogens can survive it) treatment killed off and shelved when antibiotics came on the market.

That’s me told. Fair enough!

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

GAH!! You know that this means, don't you?????

It means...they're gettin' ready to block out the Sun and start selling you light! Big Pharma owns the Sun!

They bought it in a 2-for-1 stock swap deal with Coppertone.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Bad, bad world.

P

So Sad, But True

top topics

join