It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This weeks free Epic game is .... Frostpunk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I considered getting this in a sale a couple of months ago but got something else instead , a wise choice as it turns out because today Epic gave it me for free.

Frostpunk is a city building survival game that was released in 2018 and currently retails for £24.99 on Steam , it holds a Very Positive user score and the reviews I've seen for it reflect that user score.

Review from Worth A Buy.

Worth a Free ?
Seems so.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

These Top Down view games are fun for 30 min then all same fate. Collect dust on the shelf. I can't .

If i don't have first person view i lose interest quick. You don't feel connected to the game. Just point and click a million times with the same sceneary ..

So for free? No lol .

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

If i don't have first person view i lose interest quick.You don't feel connected to the game. Just point and click a million times with the same sceneary ..

It's a strategy game so it's about thinking and planning not shooting , top down is how they're done.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

If i don't have first person view i lose interest quick.You don't feel connected to the game. Just point and click a million times with the same sceneary ..

It's a strategy game so it's about thinking and planning not shooting , top down is how they're done.

I was looking at this on Steam last year. It looked quite interesting.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

its boring .... i've tried countless times to play these kinda games .. There is no motivation to be strategic ... Its click and point a thousand times from a birds eye view... Boring . Bland . and very good reason why majority of them lose player base quickly after release.

30 min of fun max.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky

its boring .... i've tried countless times to play these kinda games .. There is no motivation to be strategic ... Its click and point a thousand times from a birds eye view... Boring . Bland . and very good reason why majority of them lose player base quickly after release.

30 min of fun max.

Really?
You're just pissing in the wind here.
Bad day?

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Definitely worth a try, there was a time I was hooked on RTS games, though this does away with the combat by the sound of things and focuses on just the resource management and building it does sound like it may be a nice time waster.

It's free so we have nothing to complain about with this, thanks for the heads up I was keeping an eye on the free game but had not checked it yet (I was not enthused by the last offering).

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Got this one last year and would recommend a playthrough. Good Story/Gameplay but not so good for
replayability. 3.5 out of 5

PS: If you are into city builders it's a must have.
edit on 3-6-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Fantastic little strategy game. The same developer responsible for This War of Mine, another little gem.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I actually just got this from Epic before seeing your post.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

These games aren't for everyone but everything else you said is plain wrong.

new topics

top topics

join