It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I tell you what I think but don't get mad.

That's a typical situation for a wife's car. They not even pay attention to oil changes or any other fluid.

Last month my wife asked me to move her van to the other side of the street. I found a dry battery and no power steering.

She is not allowed to touch my car.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Did you check the blinker fluid level?

Could be that, or the wires in the fallopian tubes got crossed up.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Honda cars.

Toyota trucks.

Americans make terrible cars.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

The engine has a 1 year unlimited mile warranty. 11 months from now, it's gets traded for one of those.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It's called "planned obsolesance". Over the years they've worked out how to in build a failure. They wont admit it, but that is what it is. I didn't believe they could do such a thing till I met a metallurgy guy who worked for a major exhaust replacement company and they'd got it down to a fine T. The metal makeup of the exhaust was just enough to make it last just outside of the warranty. And that was 40 years ago.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I had a Crown Victoria that was behaving the same way.
Turned out to be a malfunctioning coolant temperature sensor.
I put close to 500k on it before it got wrapped around a tree.

posted on Jun, 3 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Well perhaps but whats more is that I would expect the government to pimp the people better than that and make them think it was their idea to save an american icon with a bailout money because they are too big to fail and it would cost jobs that we cannot afford to lose in the current economy, etc.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Change your mechanic, at least they should be able to tell you the damage. For that amount if money its likely going to be a new block or head.

So something big happened that ruined the cylinder walls, head, a crack or similar.

The cause itself can be tricky to tell what gave in first but it's not impossible.
edit on 4.6.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I came to further conclusion but it's too late to change my post:

Since it's out of warranty there should not be any kind of plausible gag order on the failure. I could understand it if it's warranty and they can't open it because of that.

With some internal parts especially dealers don't take the risk and call it a total. Like a bent rod may have had put stresses on the crankshaft bearing.. That means total take-down, checking and balancing the crankshaft, new bearing shells, setting fresh tolerances, honing the main bearing tunnels, when you're at it as well do a fresh hone job on the cylinders that never hurts and is crucial for oil performance. Rods and pistons... It all depends.

Lot's of work if there was some # with the camshaft(s), that can be catastrophic. And the list goes on with new seals, gaskets, and fluids, bolt on stuff, teeth belt or chain, friction belt.. It's easier to call it toast and just swap it 1:1 for them.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Fix Or Repair Daily
Found On Roadside, Dead
Made Of Parts Already Ruined
Fast Only Rolling Downhill

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join