It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly LE encounters with dangerous suspects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Since the topic of policing and use of force is such a contentious issue these days, here are a few examples of the dangers faced by law enforcement officers on America's streets. They range from dangerous to deadly. I hope you take this chance and other chances to have a look, first hand, at the risk officers take every time they answer a call or stop a vehicle.

In our first video, a Deputy from Michigan ends up having to use deadly force against an attacker with a knife. Had he closed the distance before she managed to get her weapon in the fight, this Deputy most certainly would not be here to tell about it.

And things like this really do happen so quickly. No time to talk the suspect through the situation, or to even call for help on your own radio. In this kind of situation survival instincts kick in, and you go back to your training. A terrifying 15 seconds.

In this next video, an officer is conducting a traffic stop on this individual. The registered owner of the vehicle has several arrest warrants. During the investigation, the subject driving the vehicle admits to having an illegal substance on her and the officer decides to conduct a search. Because the subject admitted to possession, probable cause is established which gives the officer the right to conduct the search. The subject refuses to hand over her bag, and begins to resist. The officer deploys his Taser, with little effect. The drive stun appears somewhat effective at eliciting a pain compliance response, but the short run time only buys seconds here at best. When he attempts to pull her from the vehicle, she disregards commands to stop reaching. Here is what she was reaching for.

She pulls a gun and fires several shots at the officer. He is struck. One of the bullets end up going under or around his protective vest. The driver is also struck multiple times in the exchange. She drives off. The officer goes down to his knees. The officer did end up surviving, while the suspect made it a few blocks away before sucumbing to the wounds she sustained during the attack on this officer.

In this third video, the LAPD is responding to a disturbance at a grocery store where an individual was behaving erratically and was brandishing a firearm. During the tense 15+ minute encounter, LAPD officer attempt to talk the guy down or get him into a position where less lethal can be used to subdue him. Finally, he jumps from the top of the coolers and encounters an officer head on at the mouth of the aisle. A shootout ensues.

Miraculously, no officers or bystanders were injured. The subject surrendered as he was leaving the store and encountered tactical units preparing to engage him. As the narrator of this video says, the subject must have had a moment of clarity in his drug induced violence.

In this video, we have an armed suspect who is prohibited from possessing firearms (drugs, domestic violence, felon, etc). As the title says, the officer barely beats the bad guy to the shot. Every last second of training counts in a situation like this.

Here is another video with LAPD. Their SWAT team. It is a barricade suspect scenario, and they are attempting to use CS gas to flush him out to a position more advantageous for officers. The SWAT officer holding the corner of the building loses sight on the shooter, and wings out a little too far from concealment to enable another officer to launch the gas. This results in the SWAT officer holding that side getting shot square in the mask by a shotgun. Gas masks are not ballistic shields.

Another SWAT officer, from a different vantage point, takes the shot on this individual after the other officer is downed. Thankfully the injuried SWAT cop survived.

In this video, you will see officers make entry to take an individual into custody. He barricades himself in a rear bedroom, and shoots this officer square in the chest as he opens the door.

This officer was wearing his ballistic vest and it saved his life. No thanks to the person trying to end his life.

In our final video, the murder of two Sheriff's Deputies is shown.

Deputies responded to his address because moments earlier, the shooter had threatened to kill two motorcyclists who were very polite and even cooperative with the suspect, despite being accosted by this armed and dangerous man. When Deputies arrived at his address, they ask him for the gun and inform him he is being placed under arrest, depending on the state something along the lines of aggravated assault or terroristic threats..felony charges. When they reached out to grab him, he drew a concealed firearm and shot & killed both of them on the spot.

The suspect then returned to his home where he returned carrying two long guns. He ambushed additional officers responding to the scene. The suspect nevertheless surrendered, and was taken into custody. He pleaded guilty to two counts of murder and was sentenced to two life sentences. Despite the heat of the moment and blood on the street, he was taken into custody without incident. That is the very definition of professionalism.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

People who have never trained for such situations don't get it, but they're the loudest people in the room, unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Great examples of how dangerous it is to be a LEO.

Unfortunately, it will not matter for some members here, and I know of two that, based on their past comments, are possibly capable and willing to ambush law enforcement. I say that because I personally feel if someone thinks all officers are bad, then they view law enforcement as an enemy. It's such an ignorant thing to think or say. Or maybe those two I speak of are just trolling naysayers. I hope the latter.

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
shows like COPS and Live PD gave people some insight on what law enforcement deals with.

says a lot about the progs that they shut them down.

thanks for posting. S&F

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Can't say I blame the guy for what he said to the a- holes on dirtbikes, i have idiots that run through my neighborhood like that and it pisses me off and cops do nothing about it. Now he is a flaming moron for killing two cops and shooting at more, I mean you have to know that is going to end badly all because you were mad at two guys on dirtbikes

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   

F.A.T.S.

UNCLE. Vince was particularly hard on me.

Really hard.

Really exceptionally hard.

Reno was a bitchy . Bitchy.. and echepsionnly a bitch.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I'm alive!

Still today.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
As the videos show, being a police officer is dangerous.
Most serve with honor.

new topics

top topics

join