It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't care that you've had your vaccine.

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm currently working security at a spot where it's more of an easy gig versus the usual annoying ass work I normally do.

I get the usual "Oh, it must be nice to get paid to sit around." Yeah, it sure is, but I normally deal with drunks, people who can't read signs, and people who want to fight. Even then it's not that bad. This is just my easy day.

But damn! How hard is it to read a sign?

I can understand trying your luck to get a closer look at a specific bomb site that happened somewhat recently, but when you're going into a door that has an eye level sign with bold letters that states masks are not required and you see others coming in and out without masks, and you see me sitting there chilling with no mask on–why are you going to ask me if masks are required?

Furthermore, the point of this rant is I don't care if you've been vaccinated. I'm not going to ask you if you have been. I don't want to know if you have been, and I sure as hell don't want you asking me if I've been vaccinated. You're going to get the same answer everyone else gets.. That's none of your business.

So, wear the damn thing or don't. Don't make a big deal out of it.

If you know the state of Tennessee says masks not required for those that have been vaccinated, and there is a sign on the door that says the same thing, then by coming in and saying you've been vaccinated you're being the vaccine equivalent of a vegan.
edit on 162021 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I am dumbfounded by how the vaccinated seem more scared of this than the unvaccinated.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

They ask because they want you on record saying no in case later on when they stump a toe or shart themselves and some TikTok dancing nurse says "Rona!" YOU can foot the bill, as well as emotional damage to feelz n' stuff.

Or, on a serious note, they're one of the people responsible for all the warning labels we see on every item you could ever purchase.

You can never be too careful? One of them people.
Personally I err on the side of caution. But I never question the sign. It's like having the open sign off and the door locked and a customer knocks on the glass with her car key and asks "Are you open?"... And in my mind I say " No you stupid bisch" but I really say "No Ma'am we close at midnite, I'm sorry".

Good times, good times.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I once did a sidewalk replacing the concrete...after done we bordered the entire job with 2x4s and yelllow tape and yet someone still walked right through it and didnt even take notice...had to smooth the whole job over...wtf.a reply to: AutomateThis1

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Can't walk into a store these days without at least a ten foot tall, twelve foot wide glass wall full of signs.

I don't read them if I can help it.

I don't care that this store contains peanuts. It seems likely that peanuts were on my grocery list- there doesn't need to be a sign letting me know that you may or may not have the thing I came here to buy.

Oh, you're following the CCP rules where plebs gotta wear masks? you need a six foot poster to let us know?
well okay I guess, but when the people that sell a widget say you need that widget to live I get pretty suspect.

Know what sign should be up?
Staff may or may not contain stoned teenagers.
I wouldn't read that one either, but if you're going to pay stoners to bag groceries at least post a sign.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

There's a few new words you need to learn;

Maskaholic: Someone who wears their mask regardless of the surroundings e.g. alone in a car, on the top of a mountain or under water.

Vaxtrovert: Someone who gleefully tells anyone and everyone all about their vaccine experience without any prompting or particular desire to hear about the subject on the part of their interlocutors.

There's more in here.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Unvaccinated vegan conservative checking in lol, the mask BS alongside the jabs and everything else is clown-world material personified. I believe personal choice should obligatorily be respected and nobody should care about such aspects other than oneself.

Everybody just wants to police one another these days via virtue signaling. No person has the right to audaciously perform such actions, not even god via the proxy of free will.

The day anybody tells me how to live my life or that I have to follow societal norms is the day I sell my house and buy an island for my family.

The lack of rational thought is in excess nowadays and everyone has lost mental agency so such individuals require herding via nanny state coercion.

Sad times we are living in and I'm sorry you experience such idiocy on a near daily basis due to your employment.

edit on 1-6-2021 by RussianSpy because: Due not die, autocorrect.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   

"I'm vaccincated" is the new "I'm vegan" or "I do crossfit."

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Best commentary of the day.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Can I add anew word to our lexicon please?

instead of a55hole a vaxhole- someone who tells everyone they are vaccinated and that you should be vaccinated too

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: HONROC

Can I add anew word to our lexicon please?

instead of a55hole a vaxhole- someone who tells everyone they are vaccinated and that you should be vaccinated too

Done.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I never wore a mask until lately , as it was not required here.
With 40% vaccinated and absolutely no one wearing masks , I have started wearing one everywhere.
Everyone stared when I wasn't wearing a mask .
Now , everyone stares because I am .
Goth loves it.....

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I imagine it's because it's weird.

One day, everyone is; the next day, no one has to anymore.

And people being the timid beings they are ... no one wants to do the bold thing and go face bare. I do because the pollen count is killing my asthma and I don't want the added stress of a mask when I'm already wheezing. But there are places with enough maskers left over to make me feel weird about it, no lie. And I've always hated wearing one.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I wore one of those neck gaiter things when at work, because company policy and all that, but I kept it down around my neck and would only pull it up if someone approached me wearing a mask out of common courtesy.

Now though, with Tennessee not mandating it and most businesses only "recommending" it I said # it.

Some "bank of America" still require their employees to wear masks, but I don't work for them so when they ask me to wear a mask I tell them that I don't work for them, and if they don't like it they can request another security guard. The library system is full of your typical Democrat types who even though the mask mandate is over they still look at every unmasked person in fear as if even being behind plexiglass can infect them, but they are at least understanding that it is what it is.

It is a really nice reaction though when someone comes in and asks if it's okay to go unmasked and I tell them they can. They get the biggest smile on their face and look so happy. I even get a "Oh, thank God" every now and then.

It's almost like they feel they have to ask because they feel they are walking into a trap. I missed seeing people smile.

ETA: The whole face mask in the car thing always seemed ridiculous to me. Like I get it if you are driving down the road and it's like a five-ten minute trip, but I see people sitting in their cars on their lunch break with their masks on. Like wtf? lol.
edit on 162021 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   
People express being vaccinated because they don't want you to worry about killing older people. How hard is that to understand?

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Coalition

Or what's more likely is that most people who got the shot got it to get out of the mask, and then they pulled that rug out from under us.

It if weren't for the job thing and the mask, I wouldn't have gotten it myself, but I wanted the mask off ASAP and wanted to keep my job and figured it would be "strongly encouraged" as soon as it opened up to everyone. Otherwise, it was always the vulnerable who really should have been getting it - the elderly and those with pre-existing health conditions. By the time they had the vaccine, they didn't even think asthma really counted as one anymore.

Now at practice, I will tell someone I am vaccinated but that's because we do partner work that sometimes requires physical contact, and I let them know so they know I'm not worried.
edit on 1-6-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Coalition
People express being vaccinated because they don't want you to worry about killing older people. How hard is that to understand?

Very hard .
I can take care of myself.
Please don't worry about me.
Do you take care of yourself , or does the government or you parents ?

From an "older person"

edit on 6/1/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Wearing a mask is just like carrying a weapon.

You may not need it. But it's there just in case.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Coalition

Ummm... huh? That makes zero sense whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

join